What's new

Mortal Kombat Movie Release Date: April 16, 2021

After lots of rumoring, various delays, and years' worth of hopes and expectations, the time is finally upon us -- the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie has a release date: April 16, 2021.

The producer, Todd Garner of Broken Road Productions, tweeted the date on Monday afternoon, along with a note to expect a trailer early in 2021. Release is set for both theatres and HBO MAX.

Comments

Just fake trailers so far and a canceled stream that was to be held by Ludi Lin.
Supposedly, WB canceled it for "reasons" .

The link i posted a few posts above with a date 26th of February by Todd Garner's account proved to be a fake account. So.... I'm sorry !

I usually despise trailers for trailers, but for this movie I think it's necessary lol at least to remind people outside of the MK community that this movie actually exists?

Honestly, I’m looking forward for that trailer. I’m really hoping it catches my attention cause so far I’ve been on there fence.

Finally, something!!! :)

Those all look great, can I have them as a PS4 dynamic theme please? :D

I don’t care at all, she looks great. As I mentioned earlier in this thread:

“There's been loads of times that these characters have swapped races and nationalities, and I especially don't consider it an issue with those not from Earth anyway, who's to say what an Edenian or a god should look like.
  • Kitana has been white in MK2, Puerto Rican in the movies, white in Conquest, Asian in Legacy, now Asian in the games.
  • Mileena's face has varied constantly in the games, but she's been white in Annihilation and Conquest, Asian in Legacy, now she's mixed race in MK2021 (and if anyone can be mixedrace it's Mileena).
  • Scorpion has been Japanese in the games, white in the movies, white in Conquest, white in Mythologies, Japanese in Legacy, Japanese in MK2021
  • Sub Zero has been Chinese in MK2, white in the follow-up games, white in Mythologies (even though they effectively establish a Chinese Vs Japanese rivalry), white in Defenders of the Realm, white in Conquest and the 90s movies, Japanese in Legacy, Chinese in MK11, Chinese-descent in MK2021.
  • Although it's not had anything to do with ethnicity, rather nationality, Kano has been presented as English in MK95 and Legacy (contrary to common misconception, his performance in MK95 was Trevor Goddard performing with a Cockney English accent, not Australian) but then represented as Australian ever since in the games as a bizarre tribute to him.
  • Kung Lao has repeatedly been portrayed by Filipinos (2D games, MK Legacy and MK Conquest, all by different actors of Filipino descent), yet the character has always been Chinese as he is in MK11 and will be in MK2021.
  • Jade was played by an actress of far east Russian-Asian decent (very close to Mongolia) in Annihilation, whilst she's now of mixed race in MK11.
  • Rain has been white in the old games, white in Defenders of the Realm, black in Annihilation and Conquest, now of middle-eastern appearance in the latest games.
  • Reptile's lizard form has varied so much that he can't even be defined with a single appearance that would be definitive of what a Saurian from Zaterra looks like.
  • Sheeva has been portrayed with Indian ethnicity in Annihilation whilst she has a black face-model foundation in MK11.
  • Cyrax and Sektor's races were swapped between Defenders of the Realm where Cryax was white and Sektor was black, to Cyrax being black and Sektor being Asian in the games.
I'm sure there's more but these were the first off the top of my head, so it's not like Mortal Kombat has ever been a stranger to swapping nationalities and ethnicities since the very start of it ever expanding out into extended media productions in the 90s. As long as the performances are good then I really don't mind.”

Well I don’t mind in the slightest, and this is coming from someone who adored her look in Legacy but am happy to see another interpretation.

Plus this girl is simply stunning; I’d consider the monstrous razor fangs and inevitable disembowelment a worthwhile trade off if she ever planned to seduce and devour me for Outworld’s gain... sigh, if only :rolleyes:

I’m very skeptical on the quality of the film itself but idk how a MK fan can look at most of these designs and be upset. Every single one of these I really really dig, and hope become skins in MK11 to be honest. These just scream Mortal Kombat to me!

except that Reiko design that got leaked, what the hell did they do to him lmao