What's new

Mortal Kombat Movie Release Date: April 16, 2021

After lots of rumoring, various delays, and years' worth of hopes and expectations, the time is finally upon us -- the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie has a release date: April 16, 2021.

The producer, Todd Garner of Broken Road Productions, tweeted the date on Monday afternoon, along with a note to expect a trailer early in 2021. Release is set for both theatres and HBO MAX.

Comments

Looks like it got taken down. I'm telling you man, it looks ridiculously good.
Wow that was quick! Was NOT expecting a recreation of Sub Zero’s fatal blow, to see Goro, so much gore in the trailer and damn, Jax losing his arms looks awesome (sorry Jax)!

Thank you Mother Russia, that was the best Mortal Kombat gift since Kold War Skarlet! :D

Wow it actually doesnt look bad, I'm still gonna reserve judgement cause WB knows how to do trailers. The Kano eye laser shot was jarring though. Mans is completely turned so his mech eyeball isnt facing the camera at all, and the laser shooting out, bleh. Other than that I actually liked what I saw

Looks great barring Reptile.

Oh and the CGI was budget as fuck on Goro too.
Only watched it the once on my small phone screen, sneakily in the corner of the office before it got taken down, so couldn’t really scrutinise Goro.

Do we know that’s definitely Reptile though? Could it potentially just be a random Outworld resident there for the tournament?

Only watched it the once on my small phone screen, sneakily in the corner of the office before it got taken down, so couldn’t really scrutinise Goro.

Do we know that’s definitely Reptile though? Could it potentially just be a random Outworld resident there for the tournament?
I'm assuming it's Reptile but I think it's a pretty safe assumption.

We see him early on in the trailer hiding in the rafters using his invisibility, and then we see a full body shot and he's a giant lizard. Ticks two traits of a Zatteran, which he is the last of, unless this film is doing away with that too considering the other plot changes.

Considering he's my favourite character, I don't like how he's getting done dirty across both the games and now the film. Offed by Kano in the movie trailer and made into a total jobber in the last few games. Even Baraka was turned around in MK11 with his character development.

I see, well in that case I’m not too fond of his design, looks like the awful Deadly Alliance version crossed with Godzilla.

But, well, I guess he looks better in lizard form than he did in either MK95 or Conquest? :confused:

I just like to maintain some optimism haha!

I see, well in that case I’m not too fond of his design, looks like the awful Deadly Alliance version crossed with Godzilla.

But, well, I guess he looks better in lizard form than he did in either MK95 or Conquest? :confused:

I just like to maintain some optimism haha!
Don't get me wrong I'm still hyped for the film, I think it looks great, I just wish Reptile was done a bit better. But it's a short trailer so I can't fully judge it, and who knows, maybe in the actual film he'll have a ninja form for the tournament and revert to his lizard form for when he stealths around - which would be cool.

Good trailer. Kane's laser thing looks weird and that "Get over here!" at the end sounded a bit cringey. Sub Zero looks sick though. And most importantly, Reptile is in. I'm hyped.

I'm shocked at how good some of it looks, but I hope this birthmark stuff actually pays off for it warranting such a story change and a new character. Jax even says in the trailer that it isn't a birthmark, it's an invitation. So someone in the story is going around branding babies because they know they're going to be powerful warriors? Okay, hope it's worth it. Also poor Reptile jobbing and dying in the trailer, rip lol.

I'm shocked at how good some of it looks, but I hope this birthmark stuff actually pays off for it warranting such a story change and a new character. Jax even says in the trailer that it isn't a birthmark, it's an invitation. So someone in the story is going around branding babies because they know they're going to be powerful warriors? Okay, hope it's worth it.
It means you’ve been CHOSEN :cool: