What's new

Mortal Kombat Movie Release Date: April 16, 2021

After lots of rumoring, various delays, and years' worth of hopes and expectations, the time is finally upon us -- the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie has a release date: April 16, 2021.

The producer, Todd Garner of Broken Road Productions, tweeted the date on Monday afternoon, along with a note to expect a trailer early in 2021. Release is set for both theatres and HBO MAX.

Comments

I want this Jax in MK11. He looks like Jax.

I don't have anything against the actor in MK11, but his young Jax (MK2/MK3) has a baby face. I have the MK3 skin and gear, but I just don't see Jax. He doesn't look like John Parrish, he looks like a boy.

Τοdd Garner's twitter is up and running again and his latest tweet is:

" MKRBT0226 " which most likely means MK red band trailer February the 26th.
What do you guys think ?

Τοdd Garner's twitter is up and running again and his latest tweet is:

" MKRBT0226 " which most likely means MK red band trailer February the 26th.
What do you guys think ?
Good call, prefer a trailer closer to the movie anyway. If it looks terrible at least 3 weeks of positivity and hope left and it not, then only 1.5 months left to wait.

I sure hope this movie is gonna be good, because i'll buy an hbomax subscription just for it and Snyder's JL. Mostly for JL though.

Come April, and given the pandemic situation and everything it means for the industry, I only want to see one thing:

Where will all the people be and what will they say about the final product?

I mostly refer to those that are certain that the MK movie will fail, WB has no faith in it, the cast sucks, the marketing is bad etc...