What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 "Suspected" Roster So Far

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So with the idea of the time traveling aspects of the story along with the appearance of Classic Scorpion arriving in the trailer as a different entity than current scorpion we can speculate a few things on how this will player out in the game.

1) (People are tossing this one around) Customization is back and I can see that being a feature given the fact these recent games have been retelling and reworking older era games and therefore older mechanics in those games may be revisited, along with this we could take things such as the success of SC6s customization to be an attractive move for this decision, the industry always wants to push what's in.

2) Variations return in the form of past versions of the characters from previous games, this would be a neat idea to keep variations alive and still play into the time travel aspect, however somehow I feel that Ed is prone to introducing new ideas then moving on from them very quickly to either revisit old ones or introduce new ones which could still suggest in the timeline of events that these games have followed he will revisit the customization system.

3) This one is the least likely because I feel they will not use roster space for clones of characters but they could very well be implemented as their own character on the roster, I won't go into this much further because I feel like this is very unlikely and options 1 & 2 are most likely.

So when HeavyNorse made this comment
There's not going to be 2 different Scorpions on the roster. It's a hint to the possible two timelines clashing and that character customisation with the gear system will be a thing.
all I can say is while we can confirm "Classic" anyone on the roster I feel like we can almost confirm any returning character to most likely have a classic counter part whether it's implemented via customization or via another Variation system, either way options 1 & 2 will be fine by anyone i'm sure.

Not to completely derail the point of the thread though despite the time travel aspects i'm certain we can see a return of even the new characters from the special forces team at least. Those killed off will not return from the previous game and the time line aspect could still play into these new characters who have only had one game appearance giving people such as Takeda variations/Customizations for his time spent training with Scorpion, his Special forces involvement and then whatever look/path he's taken up since the events in this game (The timeline gap which will probably be very little) however you can still jump around time lines with even this younger cast given them more back story and i'm very keen to see them return if they do and hopefully they get some more back story injected into them and of course flesh them out through this time line as it progresses.

Having said this I believe their return will be confirmed sooner or later they will take more of a back seat in the story from the previous game and we will see other characters with more prominent pasts take front stage such as our favourite Ninjas "Yellow Man" and "Cold One with the boys" (Not having Sub Zero on the roster would be a first you can pretty much always hard confirm these 2)

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I just hope my dream becomes a reality. I was at my home, when I froze a dude, and then threw him at the ground, as if it was a brutality specific.:D

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
My list has 14 characters

There were 25 character slots in the character select screen.

11 more.

*EDIT* - Lord Buffalo showed me Kano is also on a thumb nail for the Local Versus option.

So theres only 10 characters we dont know.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I guess there will be at least some new characters, so it's not like the remaining 10 characters are all returning from previous games.

Elder God

Power!
MKX 25 chars on base roster (with pre order Goro), 4 guests ( so much for me).
Now I'm confused because we need returning and new kombatants, its possible only 4 brand new chars (Geras, Kronika and other 2!?), no MKX original chars like Kotal and Black?
What confirms Kano? and this girl is not Sonya? its Cassie?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Kronika has not been confirmed to be playable. Is it a possibility? Absolutely, but has not been confirmed.
Indeed. So far Boon refered to her as the "first female boss", so at least we know what role she will play on ladders. But we don't know if she's gonna be playable.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Should Liu Kang and Kung Lao be hard confirms? Just b/c they were in Story Mode doesn't mean they'll be playable (see MKX's Baraka, Rain, various Revenants, etc).

Gamer68

Fujin!
Should Liu Kang and Kung Lao be hard confirms? Just b/c they were in Story Mode doesn't mean they'll be playable (see MKX's Baraka, Rain, various Revenants, etc).
In the gameplay reveal trailer there was an in-game fight where Raiden was fighting Liu Kang, so he is in for sure.

Kung Lao could be a story mode NPC but it's unlikely because it the behind the scenes video NRS posted on YouTube, there was a scene where past Kung Lao is talking to future Kung Lao and it looks like it's transitioning into a fight.