What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 "Suspected" Roster So Far

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I really lean with the idea that Johnny, Sonya, Jax, and Kenshi being NPCs and the story focus more on their children.

So replace them with Kung Jin, Jacqui, new characters and some from Deception I could see replacing Tremor, robo ninjas, and Mileena.
That’s more than likely what will happen, I hope at least Tremor gets to stay though

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
So let’s say there is 31 characters at launch, this is who I want, I’ll include Shao Kahn as part of the 31 and assume bald lady is playable just because:

1. Scorpion (already revealed)
2. Raiden (same)
3. Bald lady (same)
4. Shao Kahn (same)
5. Sub-Zero
6. Tremor
7. Sektor
8. Cyrax
9. Human Smoke
10. Noob
11. Kitana
12. Kung Lao
13. Liu Kang
14. Johnny Cage
15. Takeda
16. Kenshi
17. Jax
18. Reptile
19. Ermac
20. Kotal Kahn
21. D’Vorah
22. Erron Black
23. Cassie Cage
24. Sindel
25. Fujin
26. Rain
27. Mileena
28. Nightwolf
29. Shang Tsung
30. Skarlet
31. Jade
Nice list. I would like to see Baraka and Stryker again too.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I just think they’re so lame, I already went on a rant about “character that just shoots guns” and Stryker is even more guilty than Jacqui imo. Although I think some of his lines are hilarious, Baraka is just a lame jobber to me, Reptile fills the role of lame jobber better to me.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I just think they’re so lame, I already went on a rant about “character that just shoots guns” and Stryker is even more guilty than Jacqui imo. Although I think some of his lines are hilarious, Baraka is just a lame jobber to me, Reptile fills the role of lame jobber better to me.
At least Reptile has an interesting story...Baraka and Stryker absolutely do not

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
A monster with blades in his arms. Forget about story, bro. He's brutal.

Stryker I agree he's a bit meh, but they could work on improving his design.
Baraka is brutal, he just comes off as so hilariously incompetent, I’d be okay with Stryker coming back if they didn’t try to make him cool and just doubled down on his absurdity and just made him a giant meme I’d be super down for that, it would be hilarious.

So let’s say there is 31 characters at launch, this is who I want, I’ll include Shao Kahn as part of the 31 and assume bald lady is playable just because:

1. Scorpion (already revealed)
2. Raiden (same)
3. Bald lady (same)
4. Shao Kahn (same)
5. Sub-Zero
6. Tremor
7. Sektor
8. Cyrax
9. Human Smoke
10. Noob
11. Kitana
12. Kung Lao
13. Liu Kang
14. Johnny Cage
15. Takeda
16. Kenshi
17. Jax
18. Reptile
19. Ermac
20. Kotal Kahn
21. D’Vorah
22. Erron Black
23. Cassie Cage
24. Sindel
25. Fujin
26. Rain
27. Mileena
28. Nightwolf
29. Shang Tsung
30. Skarlet
31. Jade
Great list, but no way this game will have only one new character. They gotta make like 4 new ones at the bare minimum imo.

Espio

Kokomo
Now I kind of want Stryker to get in and just be a meme lord
I feel like characters should be made for the fans of those said characters.

No matter what they do with Stryker or any manner of twenty other characters people aren't going to mess with him if they didn't mess with him before or had some inclination to like them but are on the fence.

You describe yourself as someone who likes the supernatural and over the top characters and to me MK has always been about the fusion of science/technology and magic/supernatural so I think characters like Stryker juxtaposed with Motaro, Scorpion, etc so for me I consider characters like that necessary.

People responded well to MK9 Stryker, he was lean, had the right amount of attitude/cheese and I thought his redesign was perfect. I think the "just shoots guns" narrative is unfair similarly

Also I feel like this is something people should think about: Everyone that likes Scorpion, Sub-Zero etc get their characters every single game and the reason we have diverse rosters is so that there are characters for EVERYONE.

Stryker ain't for everyone the same way Kitana or Reptile isn't for everyone, they're for unique subsets of fans.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Also I feel like this is something people should think about: Everyone that likes Scorpion, Sub-Zero etc get their characters every single game and the reason we have diverse rosters is so that there are characters for EVERYONE.
God, for real. I wish my favorites were perennials. It would be so much simpler.

I thought I was safe with Mileena, who's in my top four, but even she might sit this one out! Which is crazy, but who knows.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I feel like characters should be made for the fans of those said characters.

No matter what they do with Stryker or any manner of twenty other characters people aren't going to mess with him if they didn't mess with him before or had some inclination to like them but are on the fence.

You describe yourself as someone who likes the supernatural and over the top characters and to me MK has always been about the fusion of science/technology and magic/supernatural so I think characters like Stryker juxtaposed with Motaro, Scorpion, etc so for me I consider characters like that necessary.

People responded well to MK9 Stryker, he was lean, had the right amount of attitude/cheese and I thought his redesign was perfect. I think the "just shoots guns" narrative is unfair similarly

Stryker ain't for everyone the same way Kitana or Reptile isn't for everyone, they're for unique subsets of fans.
Yeah that’s definitely fair, I was saying that for my own selfish amusement, if people really like Stryker I hope they get the character they want

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
None of my faves are considered series stables, so I'm just glad when they finally get into a game. My favourite is Jade, but because she's only in every second/third game in the series, I've been forced to be flexible.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The Netherrealm is pretty much defeated, so I guess there will be no characters from that Realm.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I don't know if you guys saw, but apparently the Premium Edition of the game comes with:
  • The full game
  • Steelbook case
  • Kombat Pack
    • Includes: 6 Fighters and 6 Battle Passes
  • Shao Kahn and Beta Access pre-order bonus are still included (of course)
SOURCE:
https://twitter.com/nitekrow/status/1071492350365614080?s=21

According to the Italian Gamestop's website, MK11's Premium Edition contains a Steelbox, 6 characters and a 6 "Battle Pass"
This is a surprise because I figured this game would be getting as many if not more characters as DLC in comparison to Injustice 2 (which had 9 plus Darkseid). But nope, only 6. I guess they could do Kombat Pack 2 like MKX, but I think NRS was trying to move away from double passes and would just try to offer everything in a package up-front.

I don't know what Battle Passes are, but I already speculated some:

Sounds like each character could come with a Battle Pass. It could be anything, but I'm assuming it's like other games' Battle Passes: a collection of challenges and each one you beat gives you a reward. I'm assuming that you will be able to customize your character's cosmetics in this game, so it would make since that the BP collections are for new gear (or whatever it's called in this game).

Example: Let's say they release Li Mei as a DLC character (just hypothetical), when you buy her you also get the "Deadly Alliance Battle Pass" which comes with a bunch of new challenges to beat so you can unlock even more gear for her AND maybe also select characters in the base roster -- like maybe a Deadly Alliance gear set for Raiden and another character. There could be other rewards in between the bigger stuff, like XP boosters, Easy Fatalities, Koins, and maybe Shaders if they are in this game too.

This is just a big guess, though.
Anyway, if they do decided to reduce the amount of DLC characters to focus on gear, I wonder if they speaks for the design philosophy for the entire game? If they really seem to be focusing on customization, maybe even more than Injustice 2, while also trying to keep multiple versions of every character through Variations, then maybe we will only be getting 24-28 characters again because it will be to much work to try to get the 30+ we've been speculating on?