What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 "Suspected" Roster So Far

trufenix

bye felicia
Ehhh... can't carry out a title like that and have wrong info on it or it looks bad on us overall, especially the Mods and myself.
Can you sticky my post? I keep my thread up to date and I don't post anything that isn't actually confirmed.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay so I wanted to try to reformat/re-compose the list of known characters so far, so it's a little more accurate. Here it is:

PLAYABLE:

• Scorpion
  • Sub-Zero
  • Raiden
  • Liu Kang
  • Sonya Blade
  • Baraka
  • Skarlet
  • Geras
  • Shao Kahn (pre-order bonus)
IMPLIED PLAYABLE:
  • Kung Lao: Seen in trailers, behind-the-scenes video shows a seen from story that looks like it's going to transition into a fight with him.
  • Kabal: Pretty much confirmed. Will be shown during Kombat Kast on January 30th.
  • Kitana: Seen in trailers, Cassie Cage has in-game intro dialogue where she says her name -- implying that she is playable and was her opponent. Also on the main menu's "Kustomization" option.
  • Cassie Cage: Pretty much confirmed. There is a clip of her in-game and it seems to be an intro, and she is apparently somewhere on the "Fight" menus.
  • Kano: The real Kano and/or his son. Can be see on the "Fight " menus and the background of a stage.
  • Kronika: While she could be a boss NPC, I think there is a very high chance that she is actually playable considering the way NRS has been doing bosses since Injustice 1.
SEEN, BUT UNCONFIRMED AS PLAYABLE:
  • Johnny Cage: Screenshot appears to be him doing a Fatality on Sub-Zero, but it's at an odd angle and pretty blurry so it's hard to say 100%. Also appears in the background of a stage.
  • Rain: Appears to be on the main menu's "Konquer" option, be still unconfirmed that it's actually him or he's playable.
LEAKED/RUMORED:
  • Reptile: A voice actor made a tweet on Twitter that leaked both Kung Lao (who seems to be confirmed) and Reptile.
Ignoring the leaked/rumored section, this list has 17 total characters including Shao Kahn. If the roster (including Shao Kahn) really is 25 characters, that leaves 8 characters.

Last edited:

SenSx

Noob
  • Rain: Appears to be on the main menu's "Konquer" option, be we are not 100% him. Could be a new character or redesign past character that just ends up looking like him.
https://i.redd.it/nl0p63hv13b21.jpg

There is absolutely no way this character is someone else other than Rain.
He's got the purple and gold clothes, the pony tail, the overall oriental design Rain tends to have nowdays.
Just take a look at him, it is really hard to deny that...
Besides they gave him a new outfit.

The real question is: is it a confirmation to be playable to be shown on a menu icon ?
I think yes, all characters on it are playable so far.

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So what if Konquer is Konquest Mode and Rain is the protagonist? wooaah dream come truee! lol not really.

Gamer68

Fujin!
https://i.redd.it/nl0p63hv13b21.jpg

There is absolutely no way this character is someone else than Rain.
He's got the purple and gold clothes, the pony tail, the overall oriental design Rain tends to have nowdays.
Just take a look at him, it is really hard to deny that...
Besides they gave him a new outfit.

The real question is: is it a confirmation to be playable to be shown on a menu icon ?
I think yes, all characters on it are playable so far.
I think it's him and he's playable, also. It's just that I don't want to put him on any confirmation lists until it's 100%.

SenSx

Noob
Yes of course, I just meant it is 100% him, hard to say otherwise.
But is he playable ? I think so, but not quite sure...

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If Ermac or Cybersub arent in, I'll be really annoyed. I just want Spectral to be back, no big deal

Elder God

Power!
Kronika is playable i believe
We need more new chars
Bring back Fujin,Human Smoke and Shang Tsung, maybe Nightwolf
Guest chars: 2 its enough
The question is: More MKX original fighters will make the cut??

So I haven't seen this talked about yet. There's character modifiers. Now this doesn't mean much on it's own as playable characters also have their own modifiers. What leads me to believe the following characters likely aren't playable is at 1:13. Where it says that the modifiers are based on "klassic" characters and it shows Rain, Reptile, Shinnok, and Cyrax. All seem to look like they did in their previous iterations. So IMO, it seems likely that they likely won't be playable. Or at least that's what I'm going to expect.

Same goes for Noob, since he still seems to have his MK9 appearance.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
So I haven't seen this talked about yet. There's character modifiers. Now this doesn't mean much on it's own as playable characters also have their own modifiers. What leads me to believe the following characters likely aren't playable is at 1:13. Where it says that the modifiers are based on "klassic" characters and it shows Rain, Reptile, Shinnok, and Cyrax. All seem to look like they did in their previous iterations. So IMO, it seems likely that they likely won't be playable. Or at least that's what I'm going to expect.

Same goes for Noob, since he still seems to have his MK9 appearance.
Great sleuthing.

I'd say it seems likely that they won't be playable at launch. However Cyrax and Smoke both had assist modifiers in MKX, and both became playable as DLC characters (well, the same DLC character). If Reptile isn't in the launch roster I 100% expect him to be DLC.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Let's think about the roster logically and who will probably be in it, since now we have some more information and Derek implied that the 25 slots might be final:

Reveal event - Scorpion, Sub Zero, Geras, Skarlet, Sonya, Raiden, Baraka (7)

Side confirms via trailers and clues- Liu, Lao, Kitana, Cassie, Kabal, Kronika, Johnny (7)

Menu screen/Tower confirms- Kano, Rain, Smoke(maybe), Noob (4)

We have 18 most likely characters to be in MK11. But let's consider the rest.

Takeda, Jacqui, Kung Jin- Makes no sense not to have Cassie's gang back. (3)

Reptile, Erron Black, Kotal- The situation in outworld is still a big question, and one I'm sure we'll see in the story as it kicks off right after MKX, which means Kotal and his people must be involved somehow. (3).

Dvorah- I'm not sure about her, but even though she's not Kotal's second anymore, she was a big part in MKX and I don't think she'd just disappear.

Now if you're counting, that's 25. And Shao Kahn might be the 26th.

Remaining/Missing/Expected characters from MKX:

Ermac (Might be dead and replaced with Shang Tsung if his ending becomes canon)
Ferra Torr (I didn't put Ferra Torr in the outworld list because I think NRS might kill them off (which sucks because I really liked them).
Kenshi (No reason why he can't return unless Takeda replaces him).
Jax- (might be in a coma/dead if arcade ending is canon)

Extras and personal wishes

Frost
Tremor (loved his redesign and want to see his story).
Tanya
Triborg (personally liked their story and a good way to being back the dead robots)

There are way too many characters to fit in 25 slots, so sadly a lot of fan favorite classics might not show up. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I think Cyrax, Reptile and Rain are confirmed.
The video below shows someone playing the tower mode in MK11 and we see Cyrax's net, Rains bubble, and Repiles forceball in different matches

Great sleuthing.

I'd say it seems likely that they won't be playable at launch. However Cyrax and Smoke both had assist modifiers in MKX, and both became playable as DLC characters (well, the same DLC character). If Reptile isn't in the launch roster I 100% expect him to be DLC.
I also wouldn't mind if we got Chameleon in return for Reptile's absence. In the same kind of way Triborg was a DLC character.

Though it is funny that every game Reptile is gone, Baraka returns.

Let's think about the roster logically and who will probably be in it, since now we have some more information and Derek implied that the 25 slots might be final:

Reveal event - Scorpion, Sub Zero, Geras, Skarlet, Sonya, Raiden (7)

Side confirms via trailers and clues- Liu, Lao, Kitana, Cassie, Kabal, Kronika, Johnny (7)

Menu screen/Tower confirms- Kano, Rain, Smoke(maybe), Noob (4)

We have 18 most likely characters to be in MK11. But let's consider the rest.

Takeda, Jacqui, Kung Jin- Makes no sense not to have Cassie's gang back. (3)

Reptile, Erron Black, Kotal- The situation in outworld is still a big question, and one I'm sure we'll see in the story as it kicks off right after MKX, which means Kotal and his people must be involved somehow. (3).

Dvorah- I'm not sure about her, but even though she's not Kotal's second anymore, she was a big part in MKX and I don't think she'd just disappear.

Now if you're counting, that's 25. And Shao Kahn might be the 26th.

Remaining/Missing/Expected characters from MKX:

Ermac (Might be dead and replaced with Shang Tsung if his ending becomes canon)
Ferra Torr (I didn't put Ferra Torr in the outworld list because I think NRS might kill them off (which sucks because I really liked them).
Kenshi (No reason why he can't return unless Takeda replaces him).
Jax- (might be in a coma/dead if arcade ending is canon)

Extras and personal wishes

Frost
Tremor (loved his redesign and want to see his story).
Tanya
Triborg (personally liked their story and a good way to being back the dead robots)

There are way too many characters to fit in 25 slots, so sadly a lot of fan favorite classics might not show up. What do you guys think?
You forgot to list Baraka, that still adds up to 25 though with him included. I wouldn't mind if we got that roster, I guess 25 does leave room for both the kombat kids and my favorites.

I think Cyrax, Reptile and Rain are confirmed.
The video below shows someone playing the tower mode in MK11 and we see Cyrax's net, Rains bubble, and Repiles forceball in different matches

The only thing is that at 1:13 it lists them as "klassic" characters and shows them in their previous game appearances. Plus Shinnok who's among them is in a vegetated state.

So as it stands now I think all three are very unlikely unfortunately. I still hope Rain and Reptile make it in though. And Rain still has that menu screen going for him, so who knows.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
You forgot to list Baraka, that still adds up to 25 though with him included. I wouldn't mind if we got that roster, I guess 25 does leave room for both the kombat kids and my favorites.
Fixed. Thanks!
We don't know if Kronika is playable. She could be an unplayable boss like Shao Kahn was in MK9
Ed Boon retweeted an article that listed Kronika as a playable character, so she's pretty much confirmed