What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 "Suspected" Roster So Far

vapid

cyber warlord
I don't think Ermac or most of the new MKX characters will be back, but hopefully Kotal is at least - I mean he's Emperor of Outworld so it'd be nuts if they dropped him and wrote him out of the story in a flashback or something. That'd annoy the fuck out of me tbh.

Cassie obviously is - hopefully she's the only kombat kid who returns.

I just want my MK9 mains (Rain, Smoke, Noob) back, and Fujin of course. If we get Havik or Reiko then I'll be over the moon. Anything else is a bonus, but the more variety the better. What I don't want is a repeat of MKX.

Alec

Noob
I think we might be rushing a bit. I am now thinking that Johnny and Kano are part of stage fatalities.
I don't know why, but someone was talking about the positioning of Kano on the stage and suddenly it clicked for me.
I don't want to be right because I reaaaally like Johnny :( , but I actually think this could be the case, hope I'm wrong.

vapid

cyber warlord
I think we might be rushing a bit. I am now thinking that Johnny and Kano are part of stage fatalities.
I don't know why, but someone was talking about the positioning of Kano on the stage and suddenly it clicked for me.
I don't want to be right because I reaaaally like Johnny :( , but I actually think this could be the case, hope I'm wrong.
Don't worry, I think they will both be playable.

Unfortunately, it looks like we now have to assume the 7 MK1 characters being playable in every new MK game.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
So, it looks like there's 19 confirmed/soft-confrimed/pseudo-confirmed characters (16 in OP + Shang Tsung, Noob, Smoke), leaving 6 slots available, if the 25 is set in stone. Not looking good for a lot of characters. But oh well, creativity through limitation, right?

My wishlist - Jade, Ferra/Tor, Kenshi, Reptile, Li Mei, new character. Erron Black, Jacqui, Sindel, Kotal Kahn, Frost, and Sareena are honorable mentions.

My prediction - Jade, Jacqui, Takeda, Erron Black, Fujin, new character. Nightwolf, Reptile, and Kenshi are strong candidates, imo. Kotal Kahn, Sindel, Kung Jin, Jax, Jarek, and the aforementioned 3D era females are other candidates, imo. Obviously anyone can be DLC down the line. I think Mileena will for sure be DLC, not a candidate for the base 25.

No idea where Shao Kahn will go. Maybe a solo top spot.

I just want my MK9 mains (Rain, Smoke, Noob) back, and Fujin of course. If we get Havik or Reiko then I'll be over the moon. Anything else is a bonus, but the more variety the better. What I don't want is a repeat of MKX.
I think all those 3D era dudes dying in the MKX comic is a sign NRS doesn't want to bring them back. Even in time travel scenarios lol. :(

Hello TYM, its been a while.

So fucking MK11 was announced yesterday so I'm doing the same thing I did for Injustice 2 and putting the characters as they get revealed on this list.

Characters will be labeled as "Confirmed" or "Light Confirmed", the latter meaning there were hints that they may be in the game via NetherRealm twitch streams, leaked rosters, interviews, twitter posts, etc.

If you see any sort of hint or confirm that I missed out on, please notify me in the comments!

LEGEND:
** - Confirmed
* - Light Confirm

Confirmed Roster:
Raiden** - Similar to his dark look in MK Deception (MK11 Reveal)
Scorpion** - The Hellspawn returns as the face of the franchise (MK11 Reveal)
Shao Kahn** - the Ruler of Outworld is the preorder DLC, similar to Goro and Darkseid. (MK11 Reveal)
Kronika** - Seemingly a Time Controlling Elder Goddess, she has witnessed Raiden messing up her plans for the MK Universe for the LAST DAMN TIME. So now shes the final boss because she literally has to fix Raiden's mess. (MK11 Reveal)
Liu Kang** - Many images confirming the Champion of Mortal Kombat in the Story Mode as both young and Revenant. (MK11 Reveal Event)
Sub Zero** - The leader of the Lin Kuei was a playable character at Jan 17th MK11 Reveal Event. Equipped with new movesets, no Ice Klones, and a dope look - Subby is looking better and more tolerable than ever.
Skarlet**- The crazy bitch with a blood fetish returns to Mortal Kombat on the launch roster with a new, revamped look. Still using your own blood against you, the fan favorite had some of the coolest looking gameplay at the Jan 17th MK11 Reveal Event.
Baraka** - Probably the ugliest character in fighting game history, the jobber everybody loves has returned to hack and slash and shoot fast mid hitting projectiles. (MK11 Reveal Event)
Sonya Blade** - The goddess of mix returns to mix your shit in MK11. The First Lady of NRS games and shooter of onion rings was a playable character at the Jan 17th MK11 Reveal Event.
Geras** - New combatant in Mortal Kombat, Geras was a playable character at the Jan 17th MK11 Reveal Event. Looking like a mix between Tremor, Martian Manhunter, Jax, and someone who wants to pick you up and run a half marathon with you on their shoulder...while holding the Time Infinity Stone...Idk...Geras has a lot going for him. Cool first look for the newcomer.
Kabal* - He ran by. You saw it, I saw it...we all saw it. Just confirm him. (Apparently will at the next podcast done by NetherRealm in just 2 weeks)
Rain** - When I saw SonicFox's "Tale of the Tape" before his exhibition ft3 vs Rewind at the Jan 17th Reveal Event, it said his MK11 main was Rain. I was like...hmm...light confirm. But boy if someone didn't upload an image of him on the thumbnail for Konquer game mode on Twitter.
Kung Lao** - similar reveal to Liu Kang because he was with Liu Kang. Hope you're ready to be anti air full combo'd into fast recovery sidekick whiffs and shit. I'm kidding. The bladed hat wearing, overconfident Shaolin monk has returned to apparently fight his revenant self which is already a headache in itself.
Kitana** - images of her on thumbnails, images of her in the story mode...Cassie Cage mentions her in a video...hopefully they take away her ability to combo off of a projectile. Oh yeah...btw...
Cassie Cage** - Short video of her preparing to fight showed up on my timeline. With all the nutpunching glory her father passed down to her, the main protagonist of MKX has returned - leaves the question lingering that asks if all of the 4 new characters will make their return.
Kano** - Sonya's arch nemesis, Leader of the Black Dragon, and the reason Kabal isnt dead (no @). Once a long time jobber, finally gained some credibility in MKX, hoping he keeps up his boss moves - crime boss ways.
Liu Kang is shown fighting Radien on the Courtyard stage in the first minute of the Gameplay reveal trailer.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I would have thought "Confirmed" in the roster would mean that we have seen the character in action, being played by someone and "Light Confirm" would mean that we haven't seen them in action, but they appear in background pics / story mode etc.

IMO... Kung Lao- "similar reveal to Liu Kang because he was with Liu Kang." is not a confirm. If that was the case, Sareena and Li Mei would have been confirmed in the roster of MKX ...

/shrug

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
IMO... Kung Lao- "similar reveal to Liu Kang because he was with Liu Kang." is not a confirm. If that was the case, Sareena and Li Mei would have been confirmed in the roster of MKX ...

/shrug
I get what you're saying but there are a lot of differences between those situations.

First of all, Kung Lao is almost guaranteed to be playable even without appearing in any trailers or anywhere. "Light confirmed" is basically his default setting, just like Kitana, Johnny, Jax, Mileena, and Kano.

Second, Sareena and Li Mei did not look like they had as much work put into their character models, whereas not only is Kung Lao's model up to par compared to other playable characters, we've already seen TWO story outfits for him.

Third, NRS never hyped up Sareena's existence, and Li Mei's role in the trailer was purely civilian/exposition. Whereas Kung Lao is taking center stage and doing typical fighter shit on it, as expected.

I guess if there had been a third option between Confirmed and Light Confirmed, called 99.999999% Confirmed, Lao should have gotten that.

Wait
Assuming this is Rain
And a statue of Goro here, for some reason
Why would there be a statue of Kenshi and Kano next to him?

Gamer68

Fujin!
Wait
Assuming this is Rain
And a statue of Goro here, for some reason
Why whould there be a statue of Kenshi and Kano next to him?
Are you sure that's Kenshi? Pretty sure that is the Warrior Shrine from MK1 and all of the statues there are still based off of those designs.

Looks like it's Johnny Cage. Pretty sure those are sunglasses and he's doing the same pose he did from that game (arms crossed).

Are you sure that's Kenshi? Pretty sure that is the Warrior Shrine from MK1 and all of the statues there are still based off of those designs.

Looks like it's Johnny Cage. Pretty sure those are sunglasses and he's doing the same pose he did from that game (arms crossed).
He is bald, he looks like MK1 Kano.
I really don't see sunglasses though.

thats johnny cage. also all three in their mk 1 outfits. didnt a classic stage have these, like shangs throne room?
Yes that might be Johnny.

aj1701

Noob

Always loved the Warrior Shrine. I don't think they ever brought that one back in any subsequent game did they?