What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 "Suspected" Roster So Far

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Based off the game informer interview and how most of the roster will be returning classics, favouring those who haven't been in a game in a while, I strongly think Cassie Cage is the only kombat kid that is going to return. The plot doesn't demand the other 3, and the other 3 just ain't popular. On the same thing, I now expect only Kotal to return for the outworld crew.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Wasn't there a screenshot showing a Noob Saibot icon on one of the towers? Obviously doesn't light-confirm anything, but it is some major wishful thinking on my end for sure. It looks like I'll get one of my three favorites with Rain, but having Noob Saibot would make it 2/3. Let's go, Smoke, let's go!

I strongly think Cassie Cage is the only kombat kid that is going to return. The plot doesn't demand the other 3, and the other 3 just ain't popular.
Cassie more popular than Takeda? I'm not so sure about that one.

Espio

Kokomo
Based off the game informer interview and how most of the roster will be returning classics, favouring those who haven't been in a game in a while, I strongly think Cassie Cage is the only kombat kid that is going to return. The plot doesn't demand the other 3, and the other 3 just ain't popular. On the same thing, I now expect only Kotal to return for the outworld crew.
I dunno, I feel like Takeda's popularity is comparable to Cassie. I think Kung Jin and Jacqui are the two that fall off on things.

I don't expect to see ALL of them, but since they APPEAR to have a plot with Raiden and co fighting the Netherrealm faction of Kitana and Liu Kang, I would be surprised to not see Cassie paired with another Kombat kid too.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I dunno, I feel like Takeda's popularity is comparable to Cassie. I think Kung Jin and Jacqui are the two that fall off on things.

I don't expect to see ALL of them, but since they APPEAR to have a plot with Raiden and co fighting the Netherrealm faction of Kitana and Liu Kang, I would be surprised to not see Cassie paired with another Kombat kid too.
Just split the difference and have Johnny and Sonya adopt Nightwolf and Stryker so then they now become default kombat kids and you can replace the others.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Wait, so are we going to have two characters able to manipulate time in some form? (Kronika and Geras)

Then we can have two characters who can manipulate ice. Frost should be confirmed soon. They teased her in MKX and I was disappointed.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Just split the difference and have Johnny and Sonya adopt Nightwolf and Stryker so then they now become default kombat kids and you can replace the others.
Actually im a god damn genius this solves everything

Kronika is all like grrr johnny and cassie im gonna get you, then Nightwolf shoves them aside to save them and is all like "don't hurt my family they adopted me from being a ghost man" and nightwolf has green energy too bam print it and ship it game solved

Takeda, Jacqui, Kung Jin- Makes no sense not to have Cassie's gang back. (3)

I'm not sure, I think they might just do away with at least some of them. In Boon's recent interview with gameinformer, he says "I think Mortal Kombat X probably introduced more brand-new characters. The D’Vorahs, and Ferra & Torrs, Cassie Cage and Jackie, probably more than Mortal Kombat 11. I think Mortal Kombat 11 will introduce some new characters, but we have 80 characters or something, there’s always this passion to seeing your favorite character returning, Skarlet or Baraka. Baraka’s a big one. People were pissed when Baraka wasn’t in MKX. So I think if we had like a needle, it’d lean a little bit more towards servicing those players who want to see their favorite return."

Reptile, Erron Black, Kotal- The situation in outworld is still a big question, and one I'm sure we'll see in the story as it kicks off right after MKX, which means Kotal and his people must be involved somehow. (3).

Wouldn't be surprised if Erron Black is unfortunately out since Baraka is back, and EB had a Tarkatan blade in one of his variations. I hope Kotal is back though.

Dvorah- I'm not sure about her, but even though she's not Kotal's second anymore, she was a big part in MKX and I don't think she'd just disappear.

After watching Skarlet play, it seems like some of her animations are essentially D'Vorah copy+pastes. Her swinging scythes are exactly like D'Vorah's stingers, her d1 looks the same, and some of her combos have the exact same kind of feel. The way she shoots blood out of her hands in one of her moves also looks super similar to D'Vorah's acid.

Now if you're counting, that's 25. And Shao Kahn might be the 26th.

Remaining/Missing/Expected characters from MKX:

Ermac (Might be dead and replaced with Shang Tsung if his ending becomes canon)
Ferra Torr (I didn't put Ferra Torr in the outworld list because I think NRS might kill them off (which sucks because I really liked them).
Kenshi (No reason why he can't return unless Takeda replaces him).
Jax- (might be in a coma/dead if arcade ending is canon)

Extras and personal wishes

Frost
Tremor (loved his redesign and want to see his story).
RIP Tremor because Geras
Tanya
Triborg (personally liked their story and a good way to being back the dead robots)

There are way too many characters to fit in 25 slots, so sadly a lot of fan favorite classics might not show up. What do you guys think?

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Erron's tarkatan blades are a small part of his gameplay. He's a bounty hunter with guns and a rifle, and his tarkatan blade is a sword. Also he's widely popular and I don't think NRS will let him go.

Also characters like Dvorah will most likely have new animations just like everyone else for MK11 so I don't see similar looking moves being much of an issue.

Boon's comment about how they're focusing on fan faves is probably going to be the trend here, especially since post-MK9 characters don't have a previous timeline version for the story to work with (not that fun still can't be had, e.g. Cassie meeting a young Johnny and Sonya that never hooked up). The devs would also want to fully realize their most beloved characters under the updated engine.

So the rule will probably be: More Jax and Noob, less Jacqui and Erron. I'm a bit disappointed, and hoping Cassie is not the sole survivor, but thems the breaks.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
So the rule will probably be: More Jax and Noob, less Jacqui and Erron. I'm a bit disappointed, and hoping Cassie is not the sole survivor, but thems the breaks.
It's interesting how little we've seen of Outworld so far. Whether Erron stays or goes, I do hope Kotal has enough of a retinue remaining that he can still have the same swag as he did in MKX.

Also hey Mr Greyjoy. :) Gonna hop back on TRMK and say hello?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
If Ermac or Cybersub arent in, I'll be really annoyed. I just want Spectral to be back, no big deal
If Ermac does come back, he may not have the spectral variation. Mk11 Raiden now has a variation that has that flight gimmick that he can attack from in the air

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If Ermac does come back, he may not have the spectral variation. Mk11 Raiden now has a variation that has that flight gimmick that he can attack from in the air
Yea given that NRS wants to focus less on combos, I doubt spectral will be back. But Im cool with that, I just want to see ermac. In one of the pictures we saw a bunch of souls floating around so Im hoping it's ermac (could also be shang Tsung)

It's interesting how little we've seen of Outworld so far. Whether Erron stays or goes, I do hope Kotal has enough of a retinue remaining that he can still have the same swag as he did in MKX.

Also hey Mr Greyjoy. :) Gonna hop back on TRMK and say hello?
I knew I recognized that avatar! Haven't been active on TRMK but I'll check it out soon, cheers.

Yeah, a lot of news sites keep on reporting on those towers as if it confirms reptile as a character. But really, Beran is just talking about the acid ball assist in the tower.

Reptile could still be in, but if anything, this and Blum voicing Baraka in a similar manner(But still not exact to be fair, Reptile has more emphasis on sounding like a snake) make me think Reptile might be out in this game.

I could be wrong though as the icon though it looks like Reptile's MKX design, that doesn't neccessarily deconfirm him. Same goes for the "klassic" character thing. That could just be referring to characters from MK4 and before. Contrary to other special assists such as Nitara or Skarlet.(See normally the playable characters have 3 slot assist, but Skarlet seems to have a one slot one too.)