What's new

Mortal Kombat 11: Kronika will not be a playable character

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I think Boon himself said she wasn’t playable in one of the interviews
Yeah, he did say this somewhere. I'm pretty sure Geras is the playable version of Kronika, but we'll see.
I don't recall him saying this ANYWHERE so I'm gonna need y'all to show some receipts. Every time he's talked about Kronika all he's said is that she's folding the timeline, she's the boss of all bosses, and that Geras is her minion. He never stated anything about whether or not she's playable because if he had, it'd been done and dusted and we wouldn't be having this konvo.

I mean we already have Geras using time in his kit. Do we really need her playable too? I mean she's another female of course, but I'm not sure.
If she's not playable, no one has to speed through story at tournaments to unlock their main :rolleyes:
They should just have cheat codes to unlock them for tournaments.

Filthy casuals like me don't have to use the cheat codes if we just wanna unlock things legtly.

xXRagingFlameXx

Of MK11s 10 predecessors, 7 have had unplayable final bosses. Why is this even a shock?
Cause NRS kinda established a 'Beat the Story Mode and unlock the final boss!' type of ideal for their last two games. So it's kinda weird they'd decide to ditch that even after stating there'd be no non-playable characters that you'd fight in the story, after the blowback they got with Rain, Sindel, and Baraka in MKX.

trufenix

bye felicia
Cause NRS kinda established a 'Beat the Story Mode and unlock the final boss!' type of ideal for their last two games. So it's kinda weird they'd decide to ditch that even after stating there'd be no non-playable characters that you'd fight in the story, after the blowback they got with Rain, Sindel, and Baraka in MKX.
I'm not sure what the going conversion rate of "established" ideas to "blowbacked" ones is, but you've definitely put more thought into this than they have.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm not sure what the going conversion rate of "established" ideas to "blowbacked" ones is, but you've definitely put more thought into this than they have.
........what.....? I didn't need to put any thought into half of this. Ed Boon himself said there'd be no non-playable NPC's that you'll fight.

They're hyping Kronika up to the boss of all bosses, so....surely we'd fight her....right? But...if we fight her...and she's not playable...that goes against exactly what they said about npc fights. That make sense for ya?

They got so much shit for those characters not being DLC for MKX despite being npcs that you fought. Why the hell would they make a mistake like that again? But to then add the lie about no NPCs on top of that. It just doesn't seem likely to me.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
........what.....? I didn't need to put any thought into half of this. Ed Boon himself said there'd be no non-playable NPC's that you'll fight.

They're hyping Kronika up to the boss of all bosses, so....surely we'd fight her....right? But...if we fight her...and she's not playable...that goes against exactly what they said about npc fights. That make sense for ya?

They got so much shit for those characters not being DLC for MKX despite being npcs that you fought. Why the hell would they make a mistake like that again? But to then add the lie about no NPCs on top of that. It just doesn't seem likely to me.
I think he said the other way, that MK11 WILL have NPCs, not like Injustice 2.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

We might not fight her in this particular game. Maybe that fight, story wise, gets put off until the next game?

As such, they wouldn't technically be breaking their word.

Some of you people are so literal. Ed was talking about the backlash they got for making PREVIOUS PLAYABLE REGULAR CHRACTERS non chracters that you fight and cant play as. Not a boss chracter. If that was the case why did they just now state that after mkx where that's the only game that has fightable returning regular chracters and mostly every other mk had a boss you COULDNT PLAY AS.

xXRagingFlameXx

Some of you people are so literal. Ed was talking about the backlash they got for making PREVIOUS PLAYABLE REGULAR CHRACTERS non chracters that you fight and cant play as. Not a boss chracter. If that was the case why did they just now state that after mkx where that's the only game that has fightable returning regular chracters and mostly every other mk had a boss you COULDNT PLAY AS.
It literally means the same thing bye. Excuse yourself.

xXRagingFlameXx

For y'all saying she's not black. Get off my dick.

If I see a single one of y'all say the bitch in this photo has olive skin. Her features are clearly that of a black woman. Look at her face and tell me otherwise. She is dark-skinned. Goodnight.

Shoutout @ImperatrixSindel for the receipts.

Temptress

Edenian Empress

For y'all saying she's not black. Get off my dick.

If I see a single one of y'all say the bitch in this photo has olive skin. Her features are clearly that of a black woman. Look at her face and tell me otherwise. She is dark-skinned. Goodnight.

Shoutout @ImperatrixSindel for the receipts.
Yawn. Dark skinned =/= African American and if anything, she looks Polynesian. Stop reaching.

xXRagingFlameXx

I mean, does it really matter if Jade's Black or Mediterranean? I'm still going to wear my thumbs to the bone playing her in MK 11 (assuming she's on the roster). ^^
I mean, at the end of the day it doesn't, but...it does to me and y'all trying to lighten Jade is UNSNATCHED.

They really lightened her up in MK9 and while she was still dope, it was booty. Hopefully, with MK11 they give her her darker skin.

Imagine Jade, dark skin, thick thighs, some booty. Like, I'd main! The finest black woman in MK History coming through to snatch us alllllllllll.

It's just what we deserve.