What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
3 weeks till it drops? I'm assuming there will be some character trailers dropping between just to make sure the hype is there to sell copies to people who waited since the initial release.

Lokheit

Noob
Looks cool and all but... the expansion costs almost as much as a base game (and currently more than the base game)? For what I assume is a bunch of story mode chapters (maybe one per canon DLC... so 5?), 3 DLCs and... that's it? I was surprised the price tag was so high honestly. The prices on base game + expansion compared to just expansion are a bit insulting for anyone who pre-ordered the base game back in the day to support NRS.

Also I reeeeeeally hope the story expansion retcons back again all the retconned stuff (but it looks like things like evil Sindel are going to be still there as they're like "dude don't wake her! she's nuts!" so overal I think the story might piss a lot of people even more).

IDK, MK11 has let me down during the year, made me lose a lot of interest and even with the shreder armor I'm not really feeling I WANT to keep playing (MKX got me hooked waaaaaay longer).

I wish there was a way to pre-order this without Robocop
Yeah, as someone who doesn't give a hoot about the guests, and hasn't bought KP1, i'd be all over an MK only KP+Aftermath.

But even so, i'm probably going to end up buying the KP+Aftermath. Fujin looks great, and for $10 difference there's no reason not to get the KP1 extras.

Although it's probably going to be more pricey in Aus.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Looks cool and all but... the expansion costs almost as much as a base game (and currently more than the base game)? For what I assume is a bunch of story mode chapters (maybe one per canon DLC... so 5?), 3 DLCs and... that's it? I was surprised the price tag was so high honestly. The prices on base game + expansion compared to just expansion are a bit insulting for anyone who pre-ordered the base game back in the day to support NRS.

Also I reeeeeeally hope the story expansion retcons back again all the retconned stuff (but it looks like things like evil Sindel are going to be still there as they're like "dude don't wake her! she's nuts!" so overal I think the story might piss a lot of people even more).

IDK, MK11 has let me down during the year, made me lose a lot of interest and even with the shreder armor I'm not really feeling I WANT to keep playing (MKX got me hooked waaaaaay longer).
They're adding some skins too, not just the pre-order ones. Considering there isn't any Early Access there's no reason to buy the Expansion if you don't want everything.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
His head looks so fucking weird, like an action figure. They nailed the body, even if it's slimmed down from his movie look, but his head is truly something to behold.

Pizza

Thrill Kill

I love his bio. In the old lore he was the one trying to help the Spirit of Liu Kang to reclaim his body (under control of the deranged Dark Raiden), and he was also supposed to become Protector of Earth around MK4 lol that never happened.

I think he was always an interesting character. He always functioned very well along with Raiden in my opinion. Glad he's finally back after they teased him in MKX.

Lokheit

Noob

I love his bio. In the old lore he was the one trying to help the Spirit of Liu Kang to reclaim his body (under control of the deranged Dark Raiden), and he was also supposed to become Protector of Earth around MK4 lol that never happened.

I think he was always an interesting character. He always functioned very well along with Raiden in my opinion. Glad he's finally back after they teased him in MKX.
Btw... was Fujin always Raiden's brother? I don't recall it and I'm not sure if this is just new/retcon.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Btw... was Fujin always Raiden's brother? I don't recall it and I'm not sure if this is just new/retcon.
I don't recall it either, I think this is new. But it works! Kinda like old mythologies where gods used to be relatives of each other.