What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I'm so hyped. Fuck. My boy Fujin looks fantastic, though I'm immediately going to go to his purple/gold coloured outfit. I also can't wait to see what alternate outfits he has, I'm sure he'll have a klassic one or a modernised klassic one (like most characters have). Fuck, I'm so hyped. Sheeva looks great too, Robocop can fuck off though.

Friendships are going to be great too, fuck. I love the aesthetic of them. One thing NOBODY can fault this game for is its presentation.

I assume the fact that they're using stage 'fatalities' as plural, means that the dead pool won't be the only stage with a stage fatality. I wonder what stages they'll give them to?

Story looks quite beefy too, a proper expansion and not some 30 min playthrough shite.

And the pre order skin pack. SHREDDER SUB! I also love the cover for the Aftermath Kollection, tempted to buy the game physical again tbh - real big fan of it.

Also, RIP Motaro (Sheevas intro, assuming it's him and not some generic centaur).

Art Lean

Noob
Finally a Lin-Kuei Frost outfit. Don't like the quilted texture, but I guess it's better than nothing.

At least it's not another Jacqui outfit.
Ooh I’d actually missed that at the end, exactly what I’ve been hoping for! That only says “pre-order to get...”, I hope that’s still all available to current kombat pack owners too though?!?!

Zviko

Noob
Damn that free stuff is worth so much more to me than all the rest. Story I can watch on YT and don't care about those characters at all. No buy from me I guess but still happy with the update.

Art Lean

Noob
Ah ok I’ve misunderstood this, just read elsewhere that you have to buy Aftermath, it’s a paid expansion pack costing $39.99.

• Just the Aftermath expansion for MK11 will cost £34.99/$39.99. That gets you everything mentioned above.
  • A bundle with Kombat Pack 1, bringing you up to date on existing DLC, is £39.99/$49.99. This includes Kombat Pack 1, which includes six extra playable characters, and a bunch of skins.
  • There’s also a complete Collection package that’ll get you the original game and all DLC in one package – so Aftermath and Kombat Pack 1 – and that’ll cost $59.99/£49.99.

Ah ok I’ve misunderstood this, just read elsewhere that you have to buy Aftermath, it’s a paid expansion pack costing $39.99.

• Just the Aftermath expansion for MK11 will cost £34.99/$39.99. That gets you everything mentioned above.
  • A bundle with Kombat Pack 1, bringing you up to date on existing DLC, is £39.99/$49.99. This includes Kombat Pack 1, which includes six extra playable characters, and a bunch of skins.
  • There’s also a complete Collection package that’ll get you the original game and all DLC in one package – so Aftermath and Kombat Pack 1 – and that’ll cost $59.99/£49.99.
Is that Complete Collection package the final release/version of the game? Or is there supposed to still be even more DLC after this down the line?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Have they said if the characters are all being released at once? Or we just getting the first dlc character on the 26th?

Were people thinking that the expansion was free?

They're throwing in a few goodies as freebies, but the characters and story expansion were always going to be paid content.

Or is there supposed to still be even more DLC after this down the line?
Your guess is as good as anyone elses...

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Here’s hoping one of these three characters is my new soul mate, I really need one in this game. I’m looking at you Sheeva, let’s telestomp some bitches <3
Even though I’d much prefer Ash, I honestly think Robocop is the coolest out of the four guests.

Raider

Noob
Funny how my thread about Aftermath that i opened 5 minutes before this one was just locked. Nice moderating... BTW:

One other benefit of a new story? Our environment team got to build a bevy of new stages. They outdid themselves with fresh takes on the Klassic Dead Pool and Soul Chamber arenas, as well as a new stage that showcases the exterior of Kronika’s Keep. And then there’s our fourth new stage – the RetroKade. The Retrokade is a love letter to the fans who’ve been with us since the earliest days of Mortal Kombat. It gleefully mashes up old school game stages with our more modern presentation. It’s like someone opened up a portal to NostalgiaRealm!

Some interesting stuff in that article!

• Nostalgia Nightwolf skin
  • "Robocop has a technological arsenal at his disposal including a flamethrower, riot shield, shoulder cannon with different ammunition types and, of course, his iconic Auto 9 Pistol. " Seems less likely to see the robots now... :(

The Retrokade is a love letter to the fans who’ve been with us since the earliest days of Mortal Kombat. It gleefully mashes up old school game stages with our more modern presentation. It’s like someone opened up a portal to NostalgiaRealm!
I'm really curious about this... Is it the old stages done in a 2d-ish sort of style? Or not so elaborate 3d versions?

Dude this is delicious!!!!!!!

There are so many ups to this update that even including robocop in the game is irrelevant.

Robocop is ridiculous...but...dude......NRS....you are awesome.

Art Lean

Noob
Were people thinking that the expansion was free?
I’ll admit I’d naively thought maybe it was to Kombat Pack holders. I think I’d been spoilt by the amazing amount of free No Man’s Sky haha.

It’s a bit pricey but do love the game so will definitely pre-order.