What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Those of you saying RoboCop doesn't make sense in a Mortal Kombat game must not have ever seen the first movie, which was originally rated NC-17 for violence until they cut down some of the more intense scenes. As many of you have said, MK does already have robots and cyborgs, so what guest would make more sense than a hyper-violent cyborg Stryker? If we're getting a guest either way, I think RoboCop was an excellent choice.

This movie's fucking awesome.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Looks good, I'll try out the free content when it drops, but with how often everything goes on sale with this game I'll skip paying full price for this now.

Hopefully it comes with some new gameplay changes.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Looks cool and all but... the expansion costs almost as much as a base game (and currently more than the base game)? For what I assume is a bunch of story mode chapters (maybe one per canon DLC... so 5?), 3 DLCs and... that's it? I was surprised the price tag was so high honestly. The prices on base game + expansion compared to just expansion are a bit insulting for anyone who pre-ordered the base game back in the day to support NRS.

Also I reeeeeeally hope the story expansion retcons back again all the retconned stuff (but it looks like things like evil Sindel are going to be still there as they're like "dude don't wake her! she's nuts!" so overal I think the story might piss a lot of people even more).

IDK, MK11 has let me down during the year, made me lose a lot of interest and even with the shreder armor I'm not really feeling I WANT to keep playing (MKX got me hooked waaaaaay longer).
That’s... pretty much how expansions work, with any game. Base price decreases over time, new content costs money. Just recently, look at The Division 2 and Monster Hunter World, as examples. This is nothing new.

Mr.Khen

I am you
Gotta put it out there...
$40 is a price for almost a whole new game ... Like they could have settled for $20 they would have made a decent profit out of it regardless!

I recall one of the leaks stated there was going to be 3 secret characters? for $40 I sure hope so, kinda like how frost was unlockable I guess...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Gotta put it out there...
$40 is a price for almost a whole new game ... Like they could have settled for $20 they would have made a decent profit out of it regardless!

I recall one of the leaks stated there was going to be 3 secret characters? for $40 I sure hope so, kinda like how frost was unlockable I guess...
Woah woah woah woah ...

Guys! Guys, guys!

If we don't buy it, WB may pull the plug. And that means, no Havik.

You wouldn't do that to me now, would you guys?

There's way too much good in here to get hung up on the bad
Friendships/Stage Fatalities are nice to have back, but there's nothing spoken about any big gameplay changes and the 3 new characters are coma inducing.

24 hours ago you'd read people not want Robocop at all, praying "ROB" meant "ROBOTS" for Cyrax/Sektor but now that he's confirmed it's magically great and awesome and ep1c. Same shit happened with Joker when he was leaked for KP1 and there's still the looming possibility of Ash down the line.

Dear God, I just want good MK characters that make me look at the roster screen and get me excited to play.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Friendships/Stage Fatalities are nice to have back, but there's nothing spoken about any big gameplay changes and the 3 new characters are coma inducing.

24 hours ago you'd read people not want Robocop at all, praying "ROB" meant "ROBOTS" for Cyrax/Sektor but now that he's confirmed it's magically great and awesome and ep1c. Same shit happened with Joker when he was leaked for KP1 and there's still the looming possibility of Ash down the line.

Dear God, I just want good MK characters that make me look at the roster screen and get me excited to play.
Ten bucks on you not having this opinion if Reptile were included instead of Fujin or Sheeva.

Mr.Khen

I am you
Oh I am with you on the Robo-Crap thing, it's a marketing stunt at the price of a character slot, Ed is Flexin on twitter about the fact that Robo-cock is trending,
that's the purpose, to make the game trend... SUCKS!!! but that's how it goes.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Is this the part where we all pretend we're not crushingly disappointed that the ultra irrelevant Robocop is in MK when the fucking series has two in-universe robots fans would rather see more?
shut the fuck up nerd before I spank you

robocop owns

im glad sektor and cyrax died for robocop
I can only hope they are never in a game ever again cause whats the point when the superior cybernetic fighting robot ROBOCOP has appeared???????

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Those of you saying RoboCop doesn't make sense in a Mortal Kombat game must not have ever seen the first movie, which was originally rated NC-17 for violence until they cut down some of the more intense scenes. As many of you have said, MK does already have robots and cyborgs, so what guest would make more sense than a hyper-violent cyborg Stryker? If we're getting a guest either way, I think RoboCop was an excellent choice.

This movie's fucking awesome.
I was born in '82, Robocop and his "Dead or alive, you're coming with me!" speech is as iconic as Arnold's "Albibeck" and it's awesome.
The first Robocop was extremely sad and violent, with a lot of '80 cheesy stuff in it.
It was so cool.

But that doesn't mean that Robocop, Terminator, Itchy and Scratchy, Happy Tree Friends or whatever lunatic with a gun, knife and murdering attitude fit in Mortal Kombat.
MK is not all about hyper violence and has an identity.
So, we have guests, it's ok, but stop saying that "X" fit perfectly in MK because is mad violent.
It's not.

Beside that, we all know why Robocop is here.
The official sequel of the first Robocop movie is coming and probably distributed by Warner Bros.
It's all about business and marketing.