What's new

Mortal Kombat 10 In Theory.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Tomorrow when I wake and am not drained of the energy it took to make this thing, I'm gonna put together my own makeshift character select screen to go with it. It shall rule. Hard.
Glad you guys approve :D. Now someone send this to NRS and get me a job as a writer...word to my mother, if someone called me tomorrow and said, "Write me a plot, story and scheme for MK10," I'd have that fucker done in a month. Maybe less.
I obsess over MK mythology like Trekkies harp over who was the best captain. I breathe and eat this stuff.

Espio

Kokomo
I appreciate this thread though as I am a big story mode junkie, I want an interesting story, but the story shouldn't determine the roster.

I also suspect all the zombie characters will be opponents for Cage, Sonya, and Raiden to combat in story mode, securing their place in that fashion, hopefully at least.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
No Liu Kang would be cool. Bo Rai Cho, Havik, Fujin and Shinnok > Liu Kang. I don't understand why they keep trying to force that character into the game, he's dull as all hell. Kung Lao should represent the Shaolin alone. Not Bruce Lee, devoid of any bad assery, with the personality of a head of lettuce rockin' a nipple shirt.

The rest of the cast (including some of the 3D characters) is actually pretty solid. Sure, there's some 3D characters that're just redundant; IE Reiko and Jarek but some of them stuck out. Maybe Liu Kang will be a zombie again...:rolleyes:

I really hope something liket his happens and they make mk10 for next year no crossover crap and hope its game style is around same as mk9 whit less bugs and no resets :)

NKZero

Noob
Havik NEEDS to be in this game. Also Dairou with his 8 frame unblock able launcher :). Everyone bar Freddy and Kratos need to return from MK9 to be playable. Then add maybe 15 characters from the newer versions. That's 45, pretty big but you won't be making too many (if any) changes to the original 30 characters. Story mode should leave out all the dead people or else it is just gonna get stupid tbh. That's all I have to say. Some people aren't big fans of a large roster but I enjoy it personally.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
No Reptile? Fuck this game.
That's why you'll have Khameleon :D.
Every character who stays dead will have one of the new characters adapt their playstyle.
Ashrah = Kung Lao, Khameleon = Reptile, Kira and her butterfly knives = Kitana, Dairou's launcher will be close enough to the Smoke Bomb in the state it puts your opponent in to mirror him, Frost (as I always dreamed) will have Freddy's projectile onslaught, Tremor will mirror Jax, Mavado's grappling hook tactics would play like Stryker's Roll and Baton style, Jarek would mirror Kano, Reiko would have a Rush attack and a Hammer swing similar to Nightwolf, Fujin being the god of Wind could have some manner of windy dash (and cancels) similar to Kabal, any of the girls could be given Mileena-esque specials and mixups (most likely Nitara), and Evil Liu Kang will take his control of fire and play it like Shang Tsung more towards the strength of sorcery than karate. That way, EVERYONE whose main didn't survive the transition will have some similar enough to them to have a comfortable fighting style to fit in to.

I made a ghetto as fuck Character Select Screen:

Go on. Laugh. You know you want to.

OSpliffySmitheeyO

tym_smitheey
I would however love to see ashrah, I mained her in MKD, really liked her. If she made it to mk10, she could be a possible main with freddy and Mileena ( my two strongest chars) out of the picture. lol

Subby Z

Noob
Hey I'm new here guys.

Anyway, I'm kind of Meh on the whole Noob Saibot splitting into two beings thing. I don't like that idea because I don't think that Noob Saibot is a seperate entity from Bi Han. They are one in the same.

Plus I like the brother dynamic that Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot have and that would be completely killed if they did this. Overall, I just don't like that idea. I think Sub-Zero needs to stay Kuai Liang and just have him ressurrected as human because he's already dead, just because his soul had the appearance of a cyborg doesn't mean anything. All of the fighters appeared in their new forms in the Armageddon intro to MK9. That doesn't mean it's what they were wearing. Same with Sub-Zero. He's a soul now so if he's ressurrected it would make the most sense if it was in his natural human form.

Plus, I just in general like Kuai Liang better than Bi Han overall. I feel that he has earned the right to be called THE Sub-zero over the years. It would also just undo everything that Deception accomplished with revealing Bi Han as Noob Saibot. Why even reveal that in the first place if you are just going to undo it and say hey Noob Saibot just attached to Bi Han? It just wouldn't make sense to me. They obviously killed cyber subz off so that they can have an easy out if they want to ressurrect him IMO.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Hey I'm new here guys.

Anyway, I'm kind of Meh on the whole Noob Saibot splitting into two beings thing. I don't like that idea because I don't think that Noob Saibot is a seperate entity from Bi Han. They are one in the same.

Plus I like the brother dynamic that Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot have and that would be completely killed if they did this. Overall, I just don't like that idea. I think Sub-Zero needs to stay Kuai Liang and just have him ressurrected as human because he's already dead, just because his soul had the appearance of a cyborg doesn't mean anything. All of the fighters appeared in their new forms in the Armageddon intro to MK9. That doesn't mean it's what they were wearing. Same with Sub-Zero. He's a soul now so if he's ressurrected it would make the most sense if it was in his natural human form.

Plus, I just in general like Kuai Liang better than Bi Han overall. I feel that he has earned the right to be called THE Sub-zero over the years. It would also just undo everything that Deception accomplished with revealing Bi Han as Noob Saibot. Why even reveal that in the first place if you are just going to undo it and say hey Noob Saibot just attached to Bi Han? It just wouldn't make sense to me. They obviously killed cyber subz off so that they can have an easy out if they want to ressurrect him IMO.
Honestly, I agree. I play Bi-Han, but Kuai Liang was the one who did most of the work in the past storyline. I'm just thinking that being cybernetically altered AND killed off is a heavy thing to come back from, and I highly, highly doubt we've seen the last of Noob, so if they were going to keep them both, it'd be easier story-wise to split them via the Soulnado. But if the good brother finds a way back, I'm all for it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
How could you leave out the heir of Outworld?
For the same reason Liu Kang was left out of Deadly Alliance: Because nothing makes the visceral atmosphere of an MK game like a universally well-known character dying a horrible, horrible death for the sake of amping up the story.
I gave it a LOT of thought when writing this thing, but out of everyone left out, the one who'd arguably have the most effect in their absence would be Mileena, as she way a key player last time around with the whole pretending to be Kitana to mislead her armies angle, but with no Kitana around to impersonate, and all the other schemery, betrayal, and evil at work, someone had to be destroyed in order to make a statement, and killing her at the hands of newly-reinvigorated, fuck you all IM gonna rule this realm Baraka, is about as big a statement as could be made.

Subby Z

Noob
Honestly, I agree. I play Bi-Han, but Kuai Liang was the one who did most of the work in the past storyline. I'm just thinking that being cybernetically altered AND killed off is a heavy thing to come back from, and I highly, highly doubt we've seen the last of Noob, so if they were going to keep them both, it'd be easier story-wise to split them via the Soulnado. But if the good brother finds a way back, I'm all for it.
Well, the way I see it on that front is that all of the other heroes are dead. There is no way that they are going to stay dead forever, and that means that Kuai Liang is going to be brought back to life too. That would leave him with nothing if he did come back and all of the sudden his brother is alive because then he would just be a carbon copy of his brother. Then those we would have 3 characters using ice. Bi Han, Kuai Liang, and Frost. That would be ridiculous. When we could just have Sub-Zero ressurrected as a human and then have Frost as a faster ice wielding character while sub-zero is the more defensive one. Tha would also leave Noob Saibot open to trying to take over the netherrealm.

I'm just thinking it would be just as easy to bring Kuai Liang back as it would Bi Han. Bi Han is not going to get the same treatment that Scorpion got. What I'm thinking though is that he will end up in chaosrealm through the soulnado and that's how the team of NOob Saibot and Havik will end up happening.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Where the hell did Cyber sub go? Bring him back k? k? I like Sonya though. And Smoke? BRING EVERY1 BAK QWAN!!!1!111!!one!1!!. PLEASE! EVERYONE!

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
yeah this was a great read bro, and fun to imagine a lot of this shit happening too. i especially liked Liu Kangs hatred for Raiden (his shift of opinion towards the Thunder God in MK9 was the funniest part of the story lol). awesome.

Subby Z

Noob
I just don't like Cyber Subz. No reason beyond that. He has taken my favorite character from me, and I want him back.lol.