Hotaru
Kira
Li Mei
Mavado
Reiko
Shinnok
Tanya
Taven

I would like bigger roster but then it would just become too much.

Also I will think about bosses later. These are just ordinary playable characters. I also believe bosses should be playable but only offline.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
This Bi Han-Saibot-Kuai Lang shit drives me crazy. Please Cyber Sub be in Mk10 and be badass.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Think about this, my friends: How many awesome characters throughout the games have come as a result of other regular mainstays being left out in the name of making room for new blood?

Honestly, the roster size is kind of ridiculous in my world, so how about this: Let's say that for MK10, they go strictly through the plot of MK4/Gold, and the culmination with Onaga/the Kamidogu/Blaze and all that stuff doesnt come until UMK10, THEN you could really cut down on some of the playable people (while still adapting a few of them in into Story Mode to build towards the future title) AND make room for a couple of the more popular dead to be brought back.

IF Cyber-Sub makes a return, I ask only that he look...better. I'm sorry, Alice and the CSZ lot, but aside from the MK3 suit, that guy just looks terrible. It's like a robot went bald on top and dreaded the fuck out of his receding hairline.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
IF Cyber-Sub makes a return, I ask only that he look...better. I'm sorry, Alice and the CSZ lot, but aside from the MK3 suit, that guy just looks terrible. It's like a robot went bald on top and dreaded the fuck out of his receding hairline.
Well we agree on that. But storywise he should since he is Kuai Lang and he is alive...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well we agree on that. But storywise he should since he is Kuai Lang and he is alive...
I could absolutely live with that. And it would be kind of badass for the Cyber Initiative to come full circle and have the Lin Kuei be eventually led by a cyborg master. Maybe 2 if he makes peace with Cyrax.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
And it should make sense, since Kuai Lang took the leadership role in the clan, no?
Two clans led by lkd-s the Lin Kuei and the Tekunenin face off at the game would be epic.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
And it should make sense, since Kuai Lang took the leadership role in the clan, no?
Two clans led by lkd-s the Lin Kuei and the Tekunenin face off at the game would be epic.
Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...and think about THIS: If Cyber Sub can get out, any of the dead can get out, so what if...What if, just for the sake of playing out the ULTIMATE mindfuck, Sektor strikes a bargain with Quan Chi for the soul/body of a certain individual, and we end up with a final cybernetic showdown of Cyber Sub and Cyrax VS Sektor and CYBER-SMOKE?

Okay, you guys win. That is too good of a fucking angle not to bring those two back.
CSZ and Smoke are back in, Bi-Han is out.

NKZero

Noob
Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...and think about THIS: If Cyber Sub can get out, any of the dead can get out, so what if...What if, just for the sake of playing out the ULTIMATE mindfuck, Sektor strikes a bargain with Quan Chi for the soul/body of a certain individual, and we end up with a final cybernetic showdown of Cyber Sub and Cyrax VS Sektor and CYBER-SMOKE?

Okay, you guys win. That is too good of a fucking angle not to bring those two back.
That is blasphemous. Bi Han is out? Get that dumbass new Sub Zero out of here and take that robot freak with him. Dude Bi Han is the original. He is Sub Zero. Or just include all of them. Cyber Sub, Sub and then put Frost in there for extra ice. Can't harm I guess :).

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?

Yeah, it's just too badass. :D
And im not saying that i want cyber smoke in mk10, i need him.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
That is blasphemous. Bi Han is out? Get that dumbass new Sub Zero out of here and take that robot freak with him. Dude Bi Han is the original. He is Sub Zero. Or just include all of them. Cyber Sub, Sub and then put Frost in there for extra ice. Can't harm I guess :).
If Bi Han and Noob is seperated it's okay I guess.

Someone else had mentioned the idea that some of the previous heroes who died could possibly be on Netherrealm's side in the battle against Shinnok and Quan Chi, and I thought that was a cool idea, especially if the story mode's main characters ended up being Raiden, Johnny, Sonya, Ermac, Kenshi, Frost, etc. I think Ermac becoming a protagonist in the next game is going to be awesome. :)

Also, Bi-Han is Noob. Can't be separated, imo. Just goes by a different name than Bi-Han.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You guys have all had some awesome ideas.

At some point soon when exhaustion passes, I'm gonna mash them together and make a revision.

Really like where this is all going :).

Espio

Kokomo
Someone else had mentioned the idea that some of the previous heroes who died could possibly be on Netherrealm's side in the battle against Shinnok and Quan Chi, and I thought that was a cool idea, especially if the story mode's main characters ended up being Raiden, Johnny, Sonya, Ermac, Kenshi, Frost, etc. I think Ermac becoming a protagonist in the next game is going to be awesome. :)

Also, Bi-Han is Noob. Can't be separated, imo. Just goes by a different name than Bi-Han.
That was what I was thinking, their goal was to make the Netherrealm threat scary and serious, it would be illogical for them to not be opponents in the next game(and by extension playable), they're going to play off of Cage, Raiden, and Sonya's emotions, especially Sonya when it comes to Jax and such. Raiden's going to be riddled with guilt.

Kai, Tanya and Fujin will factor into this equation, especially Kai, he was hinted as Liu Kang's successor, but they dropped this when he didn't prove popular due in large part to his ho hum move list and story. Hand stand stance notwithstanding (that was tight).

Ermac was awesome when he liberated everyone in Deception, it was one of the best direcitons for Ermac to take storywise and I imagine this will be the next direction we see them take with Ermac as well. They've been hinting hard at him getting his free will with Shao Kahn's destruction, looking foward to that.

aj1701

Noob
Think about this, my friends: How many awesome characters throughout the games have come as a result of other regular mainstays being left out in the name of making room for new blood?

Honestly, the roster size is kind of ridiculous in my world, so how about this: Let's say that for MK10, they go strictly through the plot of MK4/Gold, and the culmination with Onaga/the Kamidogu/Blaze and all that stuff doesnt come until UMK10, THEN you could really cut down on some of the playable people (while still adapting a few of them in into Story Mode to build towards the future title) AND make room for a couple of the more popular dead to be brought back.

Hmm, beyond Shinnok from MK4, there really aren't that many great characters from MK4 and onward. I think all the really good ones are already in MK9, save Shinnok. I'd rather them NOT return any characters they haven't already and give us some new ones.

But we must have Kitana and Jade back. I'm fine if the Kang and Lao never come back. Others I wouldn't miss include Nightwolf, Kano and maybe Sindel. I like them, but they're just kinda "eehh" for me.

Subby Z

Noob
HOLD UP! last time I checked Cyber Subz was Kuai Liang, but Kuai Liang died. Meaning he is now a soul. That was my whole argument on why they should just bring him back to life in his natural body. His old body is completely f***ed, so they will have to get him a new body if he is reborn.

I'm not a supporter of Cyber Subz though, so if he stays dead I'll be on the side that's jumpin for joy. Hey I could have liked Cyber Subz if his name was Hydro.

Subby Z

Noob
Honestly, I wouldn't mind one bit if they scrapped every post MK3 character except for Rain, Kenshi, and Havik.
I don't know for some reason I have a soft spot for some of the characters post MK trilogy.

Li Mei for some reason sticks out to me. I like Mavado too. I felt like those two along with Kenshi were good characters. I would have went a totally different route with Mavado if I was the MK team though. He would have been the rival to Kenshi, and they would have been childhood friends or something of the sort. I could have seen Mavado being Like Kung Lao to Liu Kang. Instead they put him with the red dragon clan though, which made him DOA.

Spletty

Grandmaster
The post mk3 characters seem like the 2nd generation and later pokemon. Just not as cool or original. Some might be neat, unique, or adorable, but they're just never gonna be as good as the originals.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The post mk3 characters seem like the 2nd generation and later pokemon. Just not as cool or original. Some might be neat, unique, or adorable, but they're just never gonna be as good as the originals.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
This is always the argument. And it is without a doubt a valid one.
But I'm telling you, guys...in a dedicated, serious, no BS atmosphere without the rushed production and need for filler, with a serious, legitimate spin and a chance to draw real attention from the likes of us who take our Kombat extra seriously, a lot of them could really make an impact given a second chance, especially the more standoutish ones ala BRC, Havik, Ashrah, Daegon, Nitara, etc...great ideas in theory that didnt get the chance to meet their full potential could blow some people away were they to get a second chance. I hope.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
HOLD UP! last time I checked Cyber Subz was Kuai Liang, but Kuai Liang died. Meaning he is now a soul. That was my whole argument on why they should just bring him back to life in his natural body. His old body is completely f***ed, so they will have to get him a new body if he is reborn.

I'm not a supporter of Cyber Subz though, so if he stays dead I'll be on the side that's jumpin for joy. Hey I could have liked Cyber Subz if his name was Hydro.
Errrmm...Hydro is pretty much another story.
But hows the story goes? So cybsub fights noob, wins, goes back to the hq where his ass got kicked badly but...when he died?
Sindel KO-d a few and killed. Jade had her heart ripped out, Kitana shown to die, Jax was kicked in the throat and pretty much died, Smokes neck was broken by her, Nightwolf took her into some portal thing and disappeared, but Cage, Sonya, and Cyber Sub just took a hard beating, CSZ werent even punched that bad, so...
Yes, he is shown with the other souls with Quan Chi but consider that his body is cybernetic, and his soul can be freed from the Neterhealm, this will likely happen in mk10, some of the dead cast must return, he have a good chance being there.

Subby Z

Noob
Just noticed this post. What is so great about Bi Han? I still don't understand the logic behind people wanting Bi Han to be Sub-Zero again. I just want to list what games Kuai Liang has played in as Sub-Zero, and then we will list what games Bi Han was in as Sub-Zero. Keep in mind this is as the canon sub-zero so I don't even count MK3.

Kuai Liang: MK2, MK3, MK4, MKDA, MKD, MK:SM, MKA, MKvsDC, MK9 (not one but two chapters)

Bi Han: MK1, MKM:SZ, MK9 (no chapter and minor role to say the least)

Why do people insist that Bi Han should become Sub-Zero again when he has took the ball with Noob Saibot and ran with it. He is one of the best bad guys in the game now, and people love him as Noob Saibot. If Noob Saibot somehow seperated from Bi Han (which shouldn't even be possible considering they are the same person) then that would ruin Noob Saibot. He would be no more useful than Baraka, Reptile, or Sheeva are now storywise. Again, that would be just to make Bi Han Sub-Zero again when you have the guy who has carried the Sub-Zero name for 9 games now who could easily just fit back in that role. It makes absolutely no sense to me why people don't understand that.

It's like people think that just because Bi-Han was there first he deserves to be Sub-Zero, which also makes zero sense.

Not hating on you personally btw, just something I've noticed.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Simply because what is going on:
Kuai Lang is Thundra was made a cyborg, his body is lost pretty much. Even if he gets his soul back he wont be human.
Bi Han was just died and...well something nasty magical stuff was happened and boom he was all noob saibot.
It sound more reversible then a full reconstruction of a body with metal parts.
This, or no sub zero at all.