What's new

Mortal Kombat 10 In Theory.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This would be my incarnation.

First: Everyone who survived MK9 comes back. Everyone who dies (with a couple of exceptions) stays dead.
The only exceptions being Liu Kang and Kuai Liang.
Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva will all be a part of the story, but none of them playable.
No Mokap. No Blaze. No Freddy. No Kano. No Kratos.
1, 2 and 4 would likely resurface in the inevitable giant mash-together that would eventually be released with EVERYONE returned to life. 3 and 5, makes no difference to me.
No Reptile, but for a very good reason, and I will make up for it, I promise. Bear with me.
No Mileena. Too many ladies. And her death will serve a very useful purpose.
For the sake of conversation, this is, for the time being, being imagined with the same fighting metagame as MK9, same as your SF characters that go from game to game with relatively the same fighting styles..
My head boss: Onaga. The return of the Dragon King. Best boss ever.
My equivalent of the 8 9 10 bosses: 8 will be a Drahmin/Moloch tag team (neither of whom will be playable), 9 alternating between Evil Oni Liu Kang and Oni Shinnok (both of whom will have playable incarnations), and Onaga on top.

Onaga, Moloch and Drahmin's purposes are all still the same: Onaga's been revived, and through his sorcery and otherworldly powers, he's got the Kamidogu, thekeys to all that is.
The two Oni are his ultra-destructive servants.
This is gonna be a BIG roster. 40 playable characters in total.
So if this were to ever actually happen, i would save between 6 and 8 of them to keep as eventual DLC. Maybe 4 as DLC and the other 4 to be saved for the GotY/UMK10 release.
Here's my cast, some elaborate, some don't need to be:​
RAIDEN: Having royally fucked things up for Earthrealm, instead of going batshit crazy and turning heel as he did in Deception, Raiden takes the noble route and begins traversing the realms to gather forces to help in the impending battle with the Netherrealm.​
Same fighting style, new suits.​
JOHNNY CAGE: With Earth in shambles, and most of his close comrades dead, Cage finally decides to put his ego aside and better himself both in battle and in spirit.​
Same fighting style, less arrogance, more kung fu badassery.​
SONYA BLADE: Mentally scarred by the deaths of her comrades, Sonya's mental stability is restored when she encounters the converted demoness priestess, Ashrah.​
Military Stance will return, as painful and fucked up as ever.​
SCORPION: After once again being approached by Raiden and told the truth of the deaths of his family and clan, Scorpion vows to right the wrongs he's commited in service to Quan Chi and begrudgingly agrees to help Earthrealm in the hopes of restoring his honor.​
Same Scorpion, same fire...more fire...even more fire. Fire.​
ERMAC: Distraught by his defeat at the hands of Earthrealm and left without a master, Ermac wanders the realms, lost, until he also encounters Ashrah in the Netherrealm, who brings to surface the soul of King Jarrod, the "in charge" soul of Ermac's many, and cleanses him of the evil, destructive nature Shang Tsung embodied him with. Now conscious and mentally collected, he sets out to free Edenia and restore peace with the help of a befriended Earthrealm warrior; the blind swordsman, Kenshi.​
There will be a fucking Stone Axe.​
RAIN: He's a damn traitor. With Outworld more or less defeated, the former Prince offers his services to the Netherrealm in exchange for the eventual bestowment of the throne of Edenia.​
Nothing changes except his costume.​
SKARLET: Now alone and neutral in the growing enmity between the realms, Skarlet knows only bloodshed and battle, and she knows them both well. She's discovered by the clerics of Chaos, and fits into their ranks perfectly under her new master, Havik.​
I just hope she learns to speak English.​
SEKTOR: Pretty much the same as last time. Tries to take charge of the Lin Kuei. Fails for reasons to be explained in a moment. Builds his own Tekunin army and serves no cause but his own.​
Red Robot's gonna fuck some shit up. Big time.​
TREMOR: An unknown ninja of unknown origins with mastery over the ground beneath him, Earth itself, Tremor is a just and reasonable warrior, who gladly pledges his allegiance to Raiden and Earthrealm.​
CYRAX: A human soul trapped in a cybernetic body, Cyrax (as before) is salvaged by the Earthrealm survivors and brought back to reality. His body in and of itself serves as a great tool in the transgressions with Sektor and the Tekunin as it helps readily identify their composition and their weaknesses. Much like before his conversion, he longs to fight for nobility and order, and of course, take revenge on those who robbed him of his humanity.​
Yes. There would be resets. He needs it. ;).​
KENSHI: You guys know the deal. But now that Shang is dead, his attention is now focused on assisting his newfound partner in battle, Ermac, is looking beyond Earthrealm towards restoring the kingdom of Edenia for the sake of defeating the Netherrealm/Outworld/Chaosrealm threat.​
Still blind, still broken, but this time, he'll be standard blue.​
BARAKA: Gathers the Tarkatan masses. Says fuck off to all the other evil heads because he's tired of being led. Brutally slays Mileena to prove his point. He wants Outworld for himself.​
QUAN CHI: Leader of the impending Netherrealm invasion. Isn't stupid enough to think Shinnok will let him keep his life should he succeed now that he's found a new favorite (Explanation coming momentarily). Has his own deviant plan in mind: conquer everything, slay Shinnok and the rest, steal the Kamidogu from Onaga, king of the universe.​
NOOB SAIBOT: Noob Saibot emerges from the Soulnado and is welcomed upon arrival by Havik and the Chaos Clerics; Saibot now serves Havik's cause, which is simply: CHAOS, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
LIU KANG: Having died consumed by malice and vengeance, the soul of the once noble MK Champion is harnessed and brought back to life by Shinnok and Quan Chi, wrought with power and wrath no other Oni has ever come close to wielding. Because of this, he is favored by Shinnok over Quan, but cares nothing for favor, only for the destruction of the realm he died defending, and the death of the Thunder God.​
SUB-ZERO: Returned to life by the hands of his student, Frost, who made use of the arcane magic of the Dragon Medallion to revive him, the still cybernetic Sub-Zero returns to rejoin the forces of good in battle and defeat the sorcerer responsible for the death and destruction that ended his life and the life of his comrade, Smoke.​
JAREK: Okay, I know next to nothing about this guy except that he had wristblades and worked for the Black Dragon. So we'll say he was betrayed by his tribe, doesn't give two shits about the matter of realmic destruction at hand, and fights for himself, his criminal ways, and his survival.​
SAREENA: The traitorous damsel of the Brotherhood Of Shadow, she resurfaces after years of hiding from the now over-empowered Quan Chi and seeks refuge and redemption in the service of Raiden and the Earthrealm warriors.​
REIKO and NITARA: These two are gonna be a BIG deal this time around. Shao Kahn's former general is not happy about the fact that Baraka wants to dominate Outworld. So with no Kahn to direct and no Shang to intervene, but vast knowledge of their sorcery and no one of any great importance aware of his actions, HE is the one in this storyline who will carry out the revival of the Dragon King with the help of Nitara, the last remaining member of her vampiric race, who also wishes to have a dominant say in the future of Outworld. They join forces, kidnap poor, lonely Reptile, find a cyborg-less way to magick the Orb out of the volcano, and perform the ritual required to revive the Army and raise Onaga, with Reptile as his vessel.​
TANYA: See: Rain. With no one in Outworld particularly appealing to align herself with, Tanya seeks out her former realm-mate, Rain, and appeals to his cause well enough to join him alongside the growing might of the Netherrealm. Both of them, of course, plan on backstabbing everyone.​
FUJIN: He's the Wind God. Shows up to help Raiden. Pretty much that simple.​
KAI: Package deal with Fujin. He's more or less the Liu Kang to Fujin's Raiden.​
SHINNOK: Does this evil fucker even NEED an explanation?​
FROST: After retrieving the lifeless cybernetic body of her former Sifu, Frost uses means of Lin Kuei-based magic unknown to anyone but her clan to revive him and return his soul to his body from the grasp of the Netherrealm. Student and teacher now join the forces of Earthrealm to combat the impending invasion.​
MAVADO and HSU HAO: With Kabal and Kano out of the picture, Mavado and Hsu Hao serve a master unknown to everyone: Daegon. The original Red Dragon. They care nothing for the quarrel of the realms, and live only to serve their own criminal desires while carrying out the will of their master.​
KOBRA and KIRA: The former prize students of the once-criminalized Kabal, they are the last remaining member of the Black Dragon clan, and have only one outstanding cause: Destroy what remains of the Red Dragon, and take hold of their means of power. They find refuge and strength in the Chaosrealm and Havik, who promises them his assistance in eliminating the Red Dragon, as he would greatly benefit from the elimination of Daegon.​
TAVEN and DAEGON: Same deal as Armageddon. The contest, the prophecy, the early awakening, yadda yadda. Taven still doesn't have a clue of what's to come outside of following the clues left to him, just like last time. Daegon's still a brick shithouse with a Dragon clan and the means to royally fuck shit up. Only this time, since Raiden's royally screwed the timeline, things change accordingly, and Taven is found by Raiden and asked to join the cause in the name of preserving balance and avoiding complete realmic anarchy.​
KHAMELEON: Reptile's female counterpart and would-be lifemate. A former beacon of evildoing, she is spiritually crushed by the disappearance and subsequent body snatching of her beloved by Reiko and Nitara, so instead of simply going insane, she does what Reptile should've done in the first place: seeks out the "enemy" in Raiden and Earthrealm and offers her services as a spy in the hopes of avenging her fallen love and slaying the beast who stole his body and life.​
HAVIK: The head cleric of Chaos. the king of crazy. He serves neither good, nor evil. Only Chaos. His goal, his entire purpose, is to cause it, thrive in it, perpetuate it, and infect as many realms and people with it as humanly possible, especially those who populate their "rival" realm of Seido, the realm of Order.​
HOTARU: The polar opposite of Havik; the leader of Seido and the Seidan Guardsmen, a purveyor of Order to a totalitarian degree. His role is not so much played to save Earthrealm, but to maintain order and balance by keeping the Netherrealm at bay. He strikes an accord with Raiden to assist in the conflict, but they run into conflict themselves when Raiden refuses to assist him in silencing Havik and the Clerics, as their involvement has little to do with the battle at hand as much as it does the sole grudge between Seido and Chaosrealm.​
DAIROU and DARRIUS: The muh'fuggin' rebels. The leaders of the Resistance, a Seidan uprising that serves not Chaos, but simply a refusal to abide by the totalitarian restrictions and enforcements of the Orderrealm. One part mercenary versed in the knowledge of their enemies, one part awesome rebellious black guy whose badassery puts Morpheus to shame. When the short-lived alliance with Hotaru crumbles, Raiden recruits the two of them simply due to the fact that, while they may be criminalistic rebels, they still have their humanity, and would feel quite shitty were they to let evil prevail, so they come on board.​
BO RAI CHO and LI MEI: The Fat Man. THE Kung Fu master. As the rules of Mortal Kombat have more or less been thrown out the window, the always-just Bo Rai Cho is finally free to serve the cause of good and help Earthrealm along with his young apprentice, Li Mei, who Raiden's spooky time-seeing powers show will remain on the side of Earth and not be corrupted by the evils that would've otherwise caused her to serve Onaga, as the alliance between Shang Tsung and Quan Chi that caused her imprisonment and corruption never took place.​
ASHRAH: A former Oni freed of her corruption by that ancient sword, she combed the Netherrealm cleansing souls in the hopes of ascension and a return to humanity. Her assistance provided for the warrior Ermac draws the attention of Raiden, who helps her achieve ascension and return to Earthrealm to ease the spirits of the forlorn warriors and help provide leadership for the battle to come.​
SHUJINKO: This...this is where even I am lost for ideas. While the majority of his previous-timeline quest would still be able to take place, the chronology of the Deception: Konquest storylike made absofuckinglutely no sense at all, so chances are they'll have to reinvent the past yet again, and make it so that he was still able to journey throughout his life under the wing of "Damashi" collecting the Kamidogu, but disavow any involvement he had with the rest of the storyline's cast.​
Bam. You've got a fucking sequel.
Thoughts?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Needz Kitana plz
Revive her plz
Mil, in a perfect world, if I had the keys to the car and could make this happen my way, I would gladly take one of the ladies (Probably Kira, as her butterfly knives are the closest thing to Kit's fans I could conjure) and build her as a revamped, roided-up Kitana sequel, just to make sure you'd have someone comfy to main :D

Ew no just that sexy man-hair known as Smoke and we have ourselves a game.

Also, no Sonya plz! XD j/k

Honestly...I'm STILL pissed she survived Story Mode and poor Jade <3 didn't.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
There are only, like, 3 chicks in this. MK has what, 7? MK10 is going to be a huge sausage fest lmao.

Also, i love how you throw in tremor just for the hell of it. "unknown ninja of unknown origins. decides to help out. the end" lol

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I agree. Just find a way to make Kitana and Kung Lao live again. That's all. The White Lotus needs Lao. And we the fans need the princess. (see what I did there... yeah...)

There are only, like, 3 chicks in this. MK has what, 7? MK10 is going to be a huge sausage fest lmao.

Also, i love how you throw in tremor just for the hell of it. "unknown ninja of unknown origins. decides to help out. the end" lol
he listed 9 females

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

Whaaaaaaat? Nuh-uh. There's 10 of 'em. I made sure to throw in enough chest for everybody :D.
And I'm definitely pro-Tremor. If Skarlet can get in on the action, Tremor absolutely should get a piece.

Espio

Kokomo
MK10 should be an expansion on what made this game great, not a reduction of that by getting rid of iconic characters from mk1-mk3.

They could easily add 10 new characters to the roster and move on from there.

The story ideas aren't bad, I was a proponent of Bi-Han's good being split from the evil and battling Noob Saibot and I support the workings for Ashrah into the story.

Chaos realm wouldn't align with anyone that would attempt to assert control over all of reality, so they'd probably help Noob Saibot rebel against Shinnok and Quan as in the ending.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Give me Havik, and on that note: take out Kira, Kobra, Taven, Daegon, Shujinko, Mavado and Hsu Hao and we have a game.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
needs more shang...
I know :(. Don't get me wrong, I WANT, really bad, for them to run with the "Shang comes back to life, converts, trains with Bo Rai Cho and is now the good to Liu Kang's evil" idea, but I was bound and determined to keep as many of the dead dead.
Sub, I brought back just because there can't be an MK without Subby <3, and Liu because he's gonna be fucking EVIL as hell when he gets back in the mix.

Fighting game rosters should always be about addition, never subtraction. One of the reasons that SF has had its longevity is because of it's stable cast with consistent move sets. You start ripping out characters and you're just shooting yourself in the foot. And story mode should have no effect on versus in that regard.

Also, I don't see how Bo Rai Cho fits into this new MK. Bo Rai Cho was a silly character that was borne from an era of the franchise where things weren't being taken so seriously. The reboot seems to be trying to bring some gravitas back to the series (babalities notwithstanding). I don't see how a character who's claim to fame is pukeing to make you slip can work in this new MK universe when the Double Ice Backfire can't.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
This would be my incarnation.

JOHNNY CAGE: With Earth in shambles, and most of his close comrades dead, Cage finally decides to put his ego aside and better himself both in battle and in spirit.​
Same fighting style, less arrogance, more kung fu badassery.​
Does he still have his f3?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Give me Havik, and on that note: take out Kira, Kobra, Taven, Daegon, Shujinko, Mavado and Hsu Hao and we have a game.
Whaaaaaat? I <3 the Black Dragon kids, and Shujinko's one of my all time favorites (and my desktop background.)
Taven, I could easily live without, but you can't have the monster Daegon without him.
And Mavado and Hsu Hao entertain me greatly. I could easily see them being the Lenny and George smart guy beef head criminal visceral comedy duo. Idk why, but Hsu Hao was always one of my faves as well. SUN MOON FTW.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Fighting game rosters should always be about addition, never subtraction. One of the reasons that SF has had it's longevity is because of it's stable cast with consistent move sets. You start ripping out characters and you're just shooting yourself in the foot. And story mode should have no effect on versus in that regard.

Also, I don't see how Bo Rai Cho fits into this new MK. Bo Rai Cho was a silly character that was borne from an era of the franchise where things weren't being taken so seriously. The reboot seems to be trying to bring some gravitas back to the series (babalities notwithstanding). I don't see how a character who's claim to fame is pukeing to make you slip can work in this new MK universe when the Double Ice Backfire can't.
That's exactly why I'm such a huge proponent of bring back the 3D MK cast: so that they CAN finally have a chance to be rewritten, retooled, and taken seriously as a heart attack both in the new generation and the new realm of MK competition :D.

Does he still have his f3?

Yes, King, he would still have his F3 :D. Wouldn't be fair to finally turn him into a noble non-douche and take his best tool.

I'm sorry, Snowy, but it had to be done. It's only fair. In Deception, Mileena killed Barak, so he returns the favor.

Espio

Kokomo
Fighting game rosters should always be about addition, never subtraction. One of the reasons that SF has had its longevity is because of it's stable cast with consistent move sets. You start ripping out characters and you're just shooting yourself in the foot. And story mode should have no effect on versus in that regard.

This...if I could put a ring on this post I would:p.

They can work Bo'Rai Cho in though lol.

Fuck, you wrote a book lol. I'm going to read later though.

I would main Fujin, Reiko, Kabal obviously, Shinnok. A lot of the MK4 characters that came back I would definitely use. From what i've read they're really awesome ideas though.