What's new

Mortal Kombat 10 In Theory.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
VETO.

Needs MOAR smoke!
Shang Tsung is a must in MK.
Kobra needs to go.
Dairou and Darrius are once again... pointless and need to be axed.
Don't really see the point in the following characters in your story: Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Kira, Shujinko, Jarek.
The rest you gave a pretty good story to go along with them.

fix those points and I'd love that game.

aj1701

Noob
VETO.

Needs MOAR smoke!
Shang Tsung is a must in MK.
Kobra needs to go.
Dairou and Darrius are once again... pointless and need to be axed.
Don't really see the point in the following characters in your story: Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Kira, Shujinko, Jarek.
The rest you gave a pretty good story to go along with them.

fix those points and I'd love that game.
Plus I thought the idea was to go a different direction, not just remake all the existing MK games.

But they DO need to figure out how to keep Kitana and Jade. Fortunately Sonya is still around.

Subby Z

Noob
I didn't even look at all the other characters. I just stopped reading when I saw Bi-Han as Sub-Zero.lol.

However, going off of the picture you posted I'm going to tell you the kharacters I could care less about seeing.

Jarek, Darrius, Dairou, Frost, Chameleon, Baraka (needs a break), Daegon, Hsu Hao, Kira, Kobra, and Taven.

I could care less about seeing any of those characters. Kira and Frost I could take exception too. The others just no. Baraka has become a lackey and needs a break as well to avoid looking too weak in too many people's eyes.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I could care less about seeing any of those characters. Kira and Frost I could take exception too. The others just no. Baraka has become a lackey and needs a break as well to avoid looking too weak in too many people's eyes.
In this story, baraka isn't a lackey. He kills Mileena (thank god) and tries to take over outworld for himself!

No Red Dragon, please. No Taven or Daegon. Dairou and Darrius. I would also take Frost out, never liked her. Kai is useless too.

Everybody who died stays dead, agree with that. It's MK, the characters who died eventually will come back, but most of them could use a break.

I still want Mileena. Not a big fan of her, but the female ninjas need someone to represent them.

Out of the chars that survived story mode, I would keep almost everyone, except for maybe Kano, Reptile, Cyber Sub, Saibot (he could become Sub again, since Cyber Sub really should be in the next game). Tsung is really dead this time around, I guess.

I don't really like Kobra, Kira and Jarek. Maybe Kira, if Kano stays in the game, just so the Black Dragon has a female member. But the others are disposable.

A cast of 25-30 +DLC chars seems reasonable to me. 30 of this game's roster, minus Kitana, Jade, Sindel, Lao, Stryker, Kabal, Kano, Reptile, Cyber, Noob, Tsung, Nightwolf. Then we have 20. Add 8 from the PS2 games, then 6-8 more DLC, chosen by the fans. As long as the game doesn't have more than 35 chars, it's all good.

And Tanya is my MK favorite char ever, she has to be in MK10.

And for the people that says game story shouldn't be a reason to decide the roster... Of course it should. MK has the best story out of any fighting game, we can't just not take it into account. Otherwise MK will become like SF, having nonsense and bland game stories made up just to keep the same roster. I'm not saying NRS should change the entire roster, I'm just saying they can't forget about making a good game story and use the same chars over and over again.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
roster is too large.
Some of those that you have don't fit the story line anymore. The story has changed.... and some of those characters probably won't even exist.

I do love how well thought out it is otherwise. I think they should have Skarlet be the new "Jade" and her story line should be about finding and resurrecting Kitana.

I honestly didn't play MKA or MKD much .... so some of these guys are new names for me.

Subby Z

Noob
If We are gonna throw out rosters then I want to throw mine in there for the next game.

RETURNING
1.Scorpion
2.Sub-Zero(Kuai Liang)
3 Noob Saibot (Bi-Han)
4 Raiden
5 Johnny Cage
6 Sonya
7 Jade
8 Smoke
9 Ermac
10 Cyrax
11 Liu Kang
12 Sektor
13 Rain
14 Skarlet
15 Mileena
16 Quan Chi
17 Kenshi
NEW
18 Tanya
19 Reiko
20 Kai
21 Fujin
22 Li Mei
23 Bo Rai Cho
24 Mavado
25 Nitara
26 Havik
27 Hotaru
28 Ashrah
29 Sareena
30 Drahmin

DLC:
1. Kitana
2. Reptile
3. New Character
4. New or Guest Character

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Personally i hope they use very little from any of the games after MK3. maybe a few characters here and there (kenshi, shinnok, and tanya obviously since they are already there in some way), but i'd really like to see the team recapture whatever magic that helped them create such great characters from the first three games, and use it to create completely new characters and storylines for the MK universe. more than anything, i would love to see John Tobias rejoin the team; these days nothing is impossible, but thats probably about as unlikely to happen as Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat is lol. i bet the creative team has at least a couple ideas for new characters and storylines that couldnt be used in MK9. at least i hope

Yeah, there should be new chars, but not a lot of them. 3, 4 at max. I think that reinventing PS2 era chars is more important.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Lt. Box

Make Tremor one bad motherfucker. Straight neutral, and just wants to fuck with everyone. Arch enemies are Kano and Jax.
He's the protector of the Earth and is pissed that both sides are fucking it up so he just goes ape shit and smashes everyone?