What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

Meep8345

Noob
As a former Tempest Lao main I completely disagree, I think every char should have extremely strong tools and everything should be hard to deal with, that would not only be exciting but also very balanced all across the board.
Come back to playing tempest it's not really that bad just compared to dumb characters like Johnny we seem unviable. But you think that mileena being able to do f1 throw, f1 b12 (to catch you neutral ducking/ trying to poke on reaction) f12 ex ball roll,f12b4 low sai and f12b4 ex ball roll. Is okay when it breaks armor?

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Just watched 15mins you didn't do better than Brady, you basically repeated yourself over and over...

Where were you when even Sonicfox cried to the devs to get GM Subz nerfed to the ground?
(Just cause he couldn't handle he MU with his mains)

Where when Summoner witch hunting season happened?

Where when Lao isn't fair and has to get nerfed at least 7 different times....? Right. It's only when it happens to your main.
I mean...if this doesn't illustrate everything flying over your heads as well as the cherry picking, I don't know what will.

The point, cuz I NEED to spell it out, is that the current game is going to remain as it is for a while, if not permanently. Upplaying or Downplaying is moot, and I didn't ask anywhere for nerfs or buffs, for ANY character. I didn't realize that discussing the how's and why's of the list meant it's now asking for all of the above? Am I reading that right? Also, nowhere does it talk about broken, OP tools, but amazing, above average ones, so again, doesn't make any sense bringing in vanilla characters into the topic when they weren't even in the discussion to begin with...

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Right when you said Kung Lao's changes didn't change him as a character I turned off the video lmao. So your going to tell me that his ex hat spin nerf did not drastically change him. Now the other player has so many options to get out and all we are frame trapping is just a d4,f2 on most of the cast. (Some characters with an 8f poke we frame trap a b3) So there is nothing to really be scared of plus we don't even combo from the f2 after ex hat spin
Literally, exactly what I was talking about in the video. And you did me the favor of spelling it out yourself with your "reasoning."

Negative frames are now better than plus frames, because apparently, you can ONLY get a frame trap on a negative stagger or cancel, or you ONLY take advantage on negative frames.

Meep8345

Noob
Literally, exactly what I was talking about in the video. And you did me the favor of spelling it out yourself with your "reasoning."

Negative frames are now better than plus frames, because apparently, you can ONLY get a frame trap on a negative stagger or cancel, or you ONLY take advantage on negative frames.
Are you joking? I hope you realize that b1 is an 11f mid that has huge range and isn't that bad on whiff. It goes into staggers,tick throws, and an okayish 50/50. Every character has to 100% change how they play and mileena really limits their options. So now tell me is me doing 112124 ex hat spin as crazy as all of that when it's coming from a normal that I have to be point blank on them and I'm spending bar but mileena is doing that for free. Take erron black vs mileena for example. Did you know erron doesn't have a single button he can press to beat her b1 outside of 21122? She can then abuse her d4 or try to get him to whiff it for huge dmg.

Meep8345

Noob
Another thing is if you read my post I said that the ex hat spin nerf drastically changed him and our options after an ex hat spin is not really a threat. You can block the d4,backdash,armor, or check him with a poke. There is no huge threat in blocking or trying to poke. They have 4 easy options out and all Lao can get is a d4 that doesn't jail into anything on hit or a throw

Last edited:
In a game where many characters have safe 50/50s, Mileena has to spend meter to launch from a 50/50 and she's always unsafe. Are you gonna say she's not top 3 because she doesn't have a safe 50/50 like some of the characters in S tier? Pre-patch Summoner Quan Chi had bad defense too, but you can't say he wasn't S tier. That doesn't make sense.
Yes but quan on top of having excelent pressure up close with meter also had the best zoning in the game period pre patch (not sure about post) and dont even get me started with puggles. Those set ups pre patch were basically unblockable. So what he lacked in defense he made up for in sheer offense and some of the best set ups in the game. My point is is that at least against dvora you got to guess between low overhead. Against quan he pretty much got to loop combos until you got meter enough to break out and if you didnt have meter, it was almost like you were better off just putting the controller down lol.

Meep8345

Noob
B1 may not seem as strong as like a list cancels but it's the same in the way it limits your options or just outright takes them away. Yet you wanna sit there and be like "well your turning a negative string into +7" that is nowhere near as crazy as almost making it to where the other player can't press a button in the neutral at all without fear of dying and if they block it goes into her staggers,throws, and 50/50's. Plus I have to spend a bar of meter to do that.

Meep8345

Noob
Also you can ONLY control the whole neutral and you also ONLY get 50/50's,throws, and staggers from a normal that ONLY reaches half-screen and is ONLY 11f and is a mid.

In a game where many characters have safe 50/50s, Mileena has to spend meter to launch from a 50/50 and she's always unsafe. Are you gonna say she's not top 3 because she doesn't have a safe 50/50 like some of the characters in S tier? Pre-patch Summoner Quan Chi had bad defense too, but you can't say he wasn't S tier. That doesn't make sense.
And besides, the ONLY reason she moved up in tier (according to popular opinion) was because characters like quan were patched. Its not like she gained anything that breaks her game plan or deviate from it otherwise. Yea they sped up her armor, but that doesnt make it magically not bad lol.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I mean...if this doesn't illustrate everything flying over your heads as well as the cherry picking, I don't know what will.

The point, cuz I NEED to spell it out, is that the current game is going to remain as it is for a while, if not permanently. Upplaying or Downplaying is moot, and I didn't ask anywhere for nerfs or buffs, for ANY character. I didn't realize that discussing the how's and why's of the list meant it's now asking for all of the above? Am I reading that right? Also, nowhere does it talk about broken, OP tools, but amazing, above average ones, so again, doesn't make any sense bringing in vanilla characters into the topic when they weren't even in the discussion to begin with...

Nobody cares about the list.

Nobody has ever cared about any ones tier list other than, "my character is too high or too low"

You will be forever branded as the guy that called out Brady and called 95% of the community casuals.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Reminds me of that guy on youtube, who calls himself a movie critic, who said BvS's script was ass, then rewrote it on his facebook, then got massive shitstorm for it being an even bigger ass, then filmed another video crying about how he was butthurt about it.
I'm waiting for Akromaniacs crying video.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Space control can be far more devastating than a 50/50 because the opponent can feel like they have no options to attack; no ways to get in. Gunslinger is so underrated as a variation because of its space control.
Ive been telling everyone I know just how good Gunslinger is. Im an up-player so I say he is top 10 lol, but really he is super good. I just think people haven't really figured out how to play him which is why he is so underrated and underused from what I see online and in streams; but thats only my experience. I cant make it to offline scenes to say much about them.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Quan is shit. Play me on XBL I'm going to chip you to dead with A-list and Alien or mix you up to dead and won't let you get off the floor with Sonnya, A-list, Alien, Tremor, Takeda etc.

And yes I do know how to play all of them.
Um...Quan still has some of the best zoning in the game, one of the best offenses, still a fast poke to get out of pressure and now an armor move (despite how shitty it is, still exists).

You shouldn't throw "shit" around lightly, he still hits like a tank.

cambros22

Did you know erron doesn't have a single button he can press to beat her b1 outside of 21122? She can then abuse her d4 or try to get him to whiff it for huge dmg.
Thank you for stating that. I suffer from that alot in the Mileena MU. Doesnt help that erron has a low profile issue so 21122 is just reaching for the stars against a good mileena player

Erron has to hold that B12 or spend a bar.

Meep8345

Noob
Thank you for stating that. I suffer from that alot in the Mileena MU. Doesnt help that erron has a low profile issue so 21122 is just reaching for the stars against a good mileena player

Erron has to hold that B12 or spend a bar.
I've played that mu a lot as erron. Your best bet is to pick marksman and pray she guesses wrong once you finally get your turn or even better pick someone that can kinda deal with her.

cambros22

I've played that mu a lot as erron. Your best bet is to pick marksman and pray she guesses wrong once you finally get your turn or even better pick someone that can kinda deal with her.
Sounds like a good idea. I haven't played much marksman but it seems like the best option. thanks. I play casually so erron is all I play and enjoy.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Quan is shit. Play me on XBL I'm going to chip you to dead with A-list and Alien or mix you up to dead and won't let you get off the floor with Sonnya, A-list, Alien, Tremor, Takeda etc.

And yes I do know how to play all of them.
No one gives a shit.

More to the point:

Quan Chi is still very, very good. All three variations are extremely viable.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Rude

Directly quote anyone who said any of the stuff in that paragraph, or shut the fuck up

You're literally making shit up to push your shit-posting agenda.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I just don't understand why akro is talking to us like he's some God when he hasn't done anything in the game nor community.

Quick as shit to call literally all of TYM idiots after the reaction to that abysmal tier list, yet fails to see how's he's acting atm.

I don't get it

Rude

I just don't understand why akro is talking to us like he's some God when he hasn't done anything in the game nor community.

Quick as shit to call literally all of TYM idiots after the reaction to that abysmal tier list, yet fails to see how's he's acting atm.

I don't get it
What's worse is that he's trying to blow up the community based on talking points no one ever made.

This is all literally shit he made up.