YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
S: Alein, Kano, Mileena, Cage, D'Vorah, Ermac, Takeda, Sonya

A+: Kung Jin, Shinnok, Sub-Zero, Scorpion,
Quan Chi, Reptile, Jax, Cassie, Ferra/Torr, Tremor

A: Kitana, Jason, Kotal Kahn, Predator, Liu Kang, Jacqui, Leatherface, Raiden

B+: Triborg, Erron Black, Kung Lao, Goro

B: Kenshi, Tanya, BRC
The biggest thing I disagree is that I will never put Ermac in S tier. Spectral is strong but there's many things complicated about his 50/50. Its safety is based on read from both sides. Additionally his footsie is just decent with no mid and a 12f OH that can be low profiled

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The biggest thing I disagree is that I will never put Ermac in S tier. Spectral is strong but there's many things complicated about his 50/50. Its safety is based on read from both sides. Additionally his footsie is just decent with no mid and a 12f OH that can be low profiled
Not just how good Spectral is, Ermac is a complete character.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Is this your opinion? F/T should be A+ at least imo. Jin above Kang? Raiden lowest one? :(
its just my opinion, but also in my opinion, none of them are trash, and tier list's are near impossible to make correct, since they are off one persons idea of what every character sits based on there version of matchup numbers. i don't think any one person knows the true matchup numbers of each character for every matchup, so i don't think every tier list is 100% correct, but that list is my version of what i see based on how i play all characters and how ive seen others play them. and based on what tools ive seen used and what tools i know of on each character.

think of it a rough draft on my tier list, ready for a computer program to change the numbers and me add them accordingly.

and i think kung jin Shaolin is better than Liu kang Drgons fire. but thats just my viewpoint. you may play soemone who uses Liu better than the person who plays Kunj jin for me.

MadeOfMetal

i think stacked up against m,ost of the cast he does well in Zoning, Footsies, Neutral, Space control, Air to ground, Close up, and Corner damage is phenomenal. and because i feel he does this well against most of the cast in a similar way Mileena does with all her tools vs cast i place him top tier.

my placement with him was purely speculation and arbitrarily biased based on my view of him. i asked several others who are considered top level players and they agreed he was tyop tier, but i don't know if that was based on there hatred with someone who used them or what? so id say i would leave his positioning up for debate as for now.

well his safety is just like the other top tiers based on Read, but i get his placement need further review and im giving the community a chance to place him wherever and we shall see.

but remember with the community, its not always where they deserve to be it could be based on how the majority view that character from previous games, or previous patches. most member's vote on these tier placements on characters they don't even use. or because someone else voted yes/no. and that how we usually get our placements.

ive seen 99 members follow a comment a top player says once on this forum, without question. when i have seen that the top player has a biased reason to say what they said, because of a person they don't like who plays said character and beats them with that character, or other reasons. and TYM community as well as Youtube, Twitter, Twitch, all follow that statement like it is gold. without question or explanation. or proof.

i wont name names but this has happened many times on this forum. and that's why when a top player says something, i question it. it may make me look dumb or foolish, and certainly many people will ridicule me for doing so, but i do it for Logical reasons. i also want others to know i don't do it out of Disrespect.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

ill say it again, why is Triborg listed instead of all 4 characters? they are not variations they are Characters, and are different than the rest of the cast, and you can not single out each of them and state the best one. they should be placed in each of the tier lists appropriate to each. and two are spelled incorrectly, just a friendly tip.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X

Tremor seems a bit high. Strong mid tier, eh?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
ill say it again, why is Triborg listed instead of all 4 characters? they are not variations they are Characters, and are different than the rest of the cast, and you can not single out each of them and state the best one. they should be placed in each of the tier lists appropriate to each. and two are spelled incorrectly, just a friendly tip.
I worked a 12 hour day and typed with my phone, sorry. And they are listed as the same because Triborg is a character. Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, and CSZ are variations.
Edit: I also did in fact spell Kotal Kahn right.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

I worked a 12 hour day and typed with my phone, sorry. And they are listed as the same because Triborg is a character. Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, and CSZ are variations.
Edit: I also did in fact spell Kotal Kahn right.
one nothing against you, no need for either of us to argue or get mad. wich im not saying we are just don't wanna get there.

I 100% feel Triborg variations are not Variations they are Separate Characters that have complete different movesets and gameplans / strategys or ways of using them. they share very few moves because the way they play. and because of the difference in tier placement between each oif them i feel they should be listed individually if you can understand that.

i mean im a Cyrax main, i also use Cyber Sub Zero, Smoke and Sektor. and Sektor is the best and Smoke close behind. but Cyrax and CSZ are a tier apart from them at least. and because of the general publics lack of knowledge on each Variation as you call it of triborg, the best of 4 is not really known. many think Smoke is the best and then alot think Sektor, and even some think CSZ and Cyrax are good second options for best. for this i asy list them separate. as i did.

6-6-2016 MadeOfMetal's Tier List

S Alien, Johnny, Mileena, D'Vorah, Takeda
A+ Kotal Khan, Kano, Sonya, Jax, Ermac, Cassie, Kung Jin.
A Ferra/Tor, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Jacqui Briggs, Predator, Quan Chi.
B+ Scorpion, Tremor, Erron Black, Goro, Kung Lao, Jason, Leatherface, Kitana, Sektor, Smoke
B Raiden, Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Cyrax, Cyber Sub Zero

Even though i have differences in my list and yours, thats ok and natural. i don't condem you for having a different viewpoint.
all i cared was that the 4 charcaters from previous mk's got there spotlight like all other characters did.

ohh and in mine tier list it might be good to note, that A+ are subject to go one up or one down, and B+ and below are Top Mid to Bottom Mid no Bottom tier in mine, and B+ and B need or would be best to have a Pocket for placing top 8 in tournaments.

and yes my bad you did spell Kotal correct, my Alienware spell check wigged out on me. apologies comrade

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
one nothing against you, no need for either of us to argue or get mad. wich im not saying we are just don't wanna get there.

I 100% feel Triborg variations are not Variations they are Separate Characters that have complete different movesets and gameplans / strategys or ways of using them. they share very few moves because the way they play. and because of the difference in tier placement between each oif them i feel they should be listed individually if you can understand that.

i mean im a Cyrax main, i also use Cyber Sub Zero, Smoke and Sektor. and Sektor is the best and Smoke close behind. but Cyrax and CSZ are a tier apart from them at least. and because of the general publics lack of knowledge on each Variation as you call it of triborg, the best of 4 is not really known. many think Smoke is the best and then alot think Sektor, and even some think CSZ and Cyrax are good second options for best. for this i asy list them separate. as i did.

6-6-2016 MadeOfMetal's Tier List

S Alien, Johnny, Mileena, D'Vorah, Takeda
A+ Kotal Khan, Kano, Sonya, Jax, Ermac, Cassie, Kung Jin.
A Ferra/Tor, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Jacqui Briggs, Predator, Quan Chi.
B+ Scorpion, Tremor, Erron Black, Goro, Kung Lao, Jason, Leatherface, Kitana, Sektor, Smoke
B Raiden, Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Cyrax, Cyber Sub Zero

Even though i have differences in my list and yours, thats ok and natural. i don't condem you for having a different viewpoint.
all i cared was that the 4 charcaters from previous mk's got there spotlight like all other characters did.

ohh and in mine tier list it might be good to note, that A+ are subject to go one up or one down, and B+ and below are Top Mid to Bottom Mid no Bottom tier in mine, and B+ and B need or would be best to have a Pocket for placing top 8 in tournaments.

and yes my bad you did spell Kotal correct, my Alienware spell check wigged out on me. apologies comrade
Yeah that's fine, no apology necessary. I'm okay with a casual disagreement. I do however think the Triborgs are no more different than Ronin/SR, Grandmaster/Unbreakable, Inferno/Ninjutsu, etc...

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Now compare this to Kano, sub zero, shinnok, leatherface, Tanya, Takeda, Kotal Kahn, Liu Kang, etc. Pretty similar IMO. The only reason people obsess about this is because they're canonically different characters, which no one is denying. Btw I think smoke will become his best variation

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
If u did not already know, goro has 4 arms instead of the usual 2 has this been taken into consideration for tier placement....!!!

Tweedy

Noob
To be fair a lot of characters have drastically different variations.

Slasher to Relentless/Unstoppable, Shirai Ryu to Ronin, War God to Blood God, Cybernetic/Commando to Cutthroat, HQT to Warrior, Imposter to Boneshaper.

All of those variations are very different and all good. Tier lists just get messy when you try to do a mix of whole characters and variations. Either just stick to one or the other imo.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm gonna go ahead and post my current tier list. It's gonna be super bland because of my opinion on the current balance of the game lol. No B tier boys. Keep in mind that I use SS as the god tier, rather than S+, so when I put characters in S+, i'm not saying that they're Kabal, or whatever. This is of course going by the best variation. The best variation of Triborg imo is Smoke, if anyone was wondering. Sektor is good too.

Also, this isn't in order. I'm not saying that Mileena is #1(I do think that tho lol), Alien is #2, Kano is #3, etc. No order my friends. I'll put +s and -s by who I think could go up and down potentially.

S+: Mileena, Alien, Kano, Sonya(-)

S: Takeda(+), Ermac(+), D'vorah, Johnny Cage, Shinnok, Reptile(-)

A+: Jax(+), Scorpion(+), Liu Kang, Ferra/Torr, Jason, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Triborg, Predator, Cassie Cage, Quan Chi, Goro(-)

A: Kotal(+), Raiden(+), Sub Zero(+), Kitana, Kung Lao, Leatherface, Erron Black, Tremor, Kenshi, Tanya

B+: Bo Rai Cho

I'd like to clarify and say that I do believe that variations of characters like Kenshi, Tanya, Triborg, Kung Lao, etc, could all make B tier. I just don't believe that their BEST variations are any lower than where I put them.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'm gonna go ahead and post my current tier list. It's gonna be super bland because of my opinion on the current balance of the game lol. No B tier boys. Keep in mind that I use SS as the god tier, rather than S+, so when I put characters in S+, i'm not saying that they're Kabal, or whatever. This is of course going by the best variation. The best variation of Triborg imo is Smoke, if anyone was wondering. Sektor is good too.

Also, this isn't in order. I'm not saying that Mileena is #1(I do think that tho lol), Alien is #2, Kano is #3, etc. No order my friends. I'll put +s and -s by who I think could go up and down potentially.

S+: Mileena, Alien, Kano, Sonya(-)

S: Takeda(+), Ermac(+), D'vorah, Johnny Cage, Shinnok, Reptile(-)

A+: Jax(+), Scorpion(+), Liu Kang, Ferra/Torr, Jason, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Triborg, Predator, Cassie Cage, Quan Chi, Goro(-)

A: Kotal(+), Raiden(+), Sub Zero(+), Kitana, Kung Lao, Leatherface, Erron Black, Tremor, Kenshi, Tanya

B+: Bo Rai Cho

I'd like to clarify and say that I do believe that variations of characters like Kenshi, Tanya, Triborg, Kung Lao, etc, could all make B tier. I just don't believe that their BEST variations are any lower than where I put them.
not saying there kabal.. im out lmao

Tweedy

Noob
not saying there kabal.. im out lmao
Sorry, I never played MK9.

But I see people say all the time that there shouldn't be an S+ tier "because that's reserved for characters like Kabal, that don't exist in this game". You can probably find posts in this thread that say that. That's what i'm talking about.

I come from games where SS tier(like Smite for example) is used as the god tier by the community, and that makes more sense to me.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm starting to think Mileena is more rounded as a character than Alien is, and that she could be in a separate class above, don't know what you guys think.

For example, (from a Kenshi player perspective) Alien has at least one weakness: he can be zoned out at some extent, specially in tarkatan variation.

I can't see Mileena having any weaknesses or significantly bad matchups at this point in the game, it's hard to argue why she is not top 1 right now.
Speaking about piercing, of course.

Last edited:

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Sorry, I never played MK9.

But I see people say all the time that there shouldn't be an S+ tier "because that's reserved for characters like Kabal, that don't exist in this game". You can probably find posts in this thread that say that. That's what i'm talking about.

I come from games where SS tier(like Smite for example) is used as the god tier by the community, and that makes more sense to me.
this is exactly whats wrong though.. you and everyone else that didn't play mk9 or even play against a kabal /understand him think he was some unstoppable god lmao.. the characters in this game make kabal look like C tier

Tweedy

Noob
this is exactly whats wrong though.. you and everyone else that didn't play mk9 or even play against a kabal /understand him think he was some unstoppable god lmao.. the characters in this game make kabal look like C tier
Nothing is wrong. I'm just quoting other people to provide context to my tier list structure. I'm not making any statements about Kabal, you're just not being very smart tbh. Or maybe you're fishing for an argument. idk

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Are you even serious?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Nothing is wrong. I'm just quoting other people to provide context to my tier list structure. I'm not making any statements about Kabal, you're just not being very smart tbh. Or maybe you're fishing for an argument. idk
no i'm not it's just something that irks a bunch of people that see it often.

Tweedy

Noob
no i'm not it's just something that irks a bunch of people that see it often.
I'm trying to not be an asshole, but can you not read what I've posted?

People say all the time that S+ tier is for characters like Kabal and Martian Manhunter, that no character in MKX is god tier like them. This is what other people say, not me. I'm quoting other people. This does not reflect my opinion on Kabal or Martian. I didn't even play the games, and I have said that already.

I'm using this common statement, to add context to my tier list structure. Nothing more. I don't know how I could clarify anymore.

Edit: Like i'm really not trying to be an asshole. I just don't like when people try to dig at me on here, or even engage in a debate, and they don't give me anything, when I give them a lot. I feel like i'm wasting my time. If you don't even take the time to read my posts, don't respond.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'm trying to not be an asshole, but can you not read what I've posted?

People say all the time that S+ tier is for characters like Kabal and Martian Manhunter, that no character in MKX is god tier like them. This is what other people say, not me. I'm quoting other people. This does not reflect my opinion on Kabal or Martian. I didn't even play the games, and I have said that already.

I'm using this common statement, to add context to my tier list structure. Nothing more. I don't know how I could clarify anymore.

Edit: Like i'm really not trying to be an asshole. I just don't like when people try to dig at me on here, or even engage in a debate, and they don't give me anything, when I give them a lot. I feel like i'm wasting my time. If you don't even take the time to read my posts, don't respond.
wasn't only directed toward you.. was a general statement. am i yelling at you lol? dworry i'm not trying to shit on you or something. just made a statement about that part of the topic no worries.