What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
This thread is dumb...
its the community, not the thread, its a good idea to have a community tier list, but with the community unable to work together to achieve a desired outcome, its impossible to make a tier list, when everyone focuses on the negative. this character is way to low fire and torches be upon you mentality. instead of, this is why i think the character could be a little higher what do you think?

Drama Drama Drama, is what this community thrives on. arguments, putting others opinions down, and demeaning others viewpoints. or the ever favorable, im better than you ive gone to a major metality, none of your opinions matter therfor all of my opinions matter more than yours.

you can not reason with this community plain and simple.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Time to stop beating around the bush and get to it. Read it and weep. The tier list is made regarding the best variation of the character (READ EDIT AT BOTTOM), and it's in no particular order.

S Tier: Mileena, Kano, Johnny Cage, D'Vorah, Takeda, Ermac, Sonya, Alien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A+ Tier: Jax, Sub-Zero, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Kung Jin, Tremor, Ferra Torr(+), Liu Kang(-)

A Tier: Kotal, Scorpion, Jason, Jacqui, Erron Black, Predator, Kenshi, Triborg, Reptile(+), Cassie(+), Leatherface(?+), Jason(+)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B+ Tier: Kung Lao, Goro, Raiden(+), Kitana

B tier: Tanya(?)

IDK LOL: Bo Rai Cho

+ : Means a character can move up in the future
- : Means a character can move down in the future
? : Not sure, a good guesstimate. Either due to lack of players since a patch or a new Character.

What the tiers represent
S tier: These characters are the cream of the crop in this game and have many benefits to choosing them and very few negatives.

A+ Tier: These characters are very strong tourney characters, they have either have the same strengths as S tier character but with an extra weakness, or slightly less strength but same low amount of negatives

A Tier: These characters are strong tourney characters. A and A+ tier characters are pretty similar in terms of what they can do, but the A+ characters just feel like they have a tiny bit more Oomph compared to A tier. When people talk balanced and good they usually refer to this tier, but this is MKX so of course they're still plenty dirty.

B+ Tier: Okay now we're approaching characters that are "Decent tourney characters". They have good strengths but noticeable weaknesses or have average strengths with small weaknesses. Characters here can win a tourney but definitely have to put in more work and reads than A tier members. In a normal game these characters would be considered fair and balanced.

B Tier: If you win a tourney with a character here then we salute you.

List of Changes
- Moved Jacqui from being a character with a (+) in B+ tier to A tier.
- Moved Sonya from A+ tier to a character a (-) in S tier.

- Moving Kenshi to A tier, Kenjutsu is fine
- Sonya can stay S tier, I was wrong lol
- Triborg has the (?) removed from him, I think A tier is fine.
- Jason now has a (+), he's dumb
- Alien is now S tier without a (-)
- And all ya'll Sub-Zero downplayers can go home, A+ is fine.
EDIT: Actually slight edit, if you're lucky to have a character that can function like a Swiss pocket knife and have multiple useful variations that might cover an occasional bad MU then that's taken into consideration a bit. Not in the sense like Kung Jin's Ancestral is dogshit so he drops a tier, I mean like how Ferra Torr or Quan Chi can change up depending on the MU. It should better explain some placements on here, I don't really see anything changing since every character has a best/goto variation anyways.
Perfect. Put F/T at S tier though. That Ruthless damage though!

its the community, not the thread, its a good idea to have a community tier list, but with the community unable to work together to achieve a desired outcome, its impossible to make a tier list, when everyone focuses on the negative. this character is way to low fire and torches be upon you mentality. instead of, this is why i think the character could be a little higher what do you think?

Drama Drama Drama, is what this community thrives on. arguments, putting others opinions down, and demeaning others viewpoints. or the ever favorable, im better than you ive gone to a major metality, none of your opinions matter therfor all of my opinions matter more than yours.

you can not reason with this community plain and simple.
This thread isn't about a tier list. It's about a video with crying about a previous video with crying. It's dumb. These dudes are making themselves irrelevant and digging the hole deeper and deeper. This isn't how you "fix" a community.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Why did they merge threads again?
Guess you missed it even though it was right below one of your posts, or maybe you forgot so:
The threads were merged because the topic was the same: post-29/3/16-patch tier discussion. Akromaniac's list, as controversial as it may be, isn't doing anything worth closing a thread over. Why were people even crying that that thread should've been closed anyway? And for the record, no, I'm not the one that merged it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Guess you missed it even though it was right below one of your posts, or maybe you forgot so:
I was asking why Akro's thread about his explanation was merged, but thanks for answering in the most jackassy way possible. Truly, one of the legends among mods.

Given that it was a shit-thread that amounted to Akromaniac making a 30-minute video about how everyone but him is an idiot, doesn't seem fitting to go with Derp's thread, but whatever.

MadeOfMetal

This thread isn't about a tier list. It's about a video with crying about a previous video with crying. It's dumb. These dudes are making themselves irrelevant and digging the hole deeper and deeper. This isn't how you "fix" a community.
yeah i was out of it a while ago, like many threads it goes to far, honestly they should have never merged the threads. i see no reason why there could not be 2 separate threads with each one having there own opinions on placement.

Youphemism

I was asking why Akro's thread about his explanation was merged, but thanks for answering in the most jackassy way possible. Truly, one of the legends among mods.

Given that it was a shit-thread that amounted to Akromaniac making a 30-minute video about how everyone but him is an idiot, doesn't seem fitting to go with Derp's thread, but whatever.
Sorry, just seemed like you were ignoring my post on purpose considering all the other 'this thread should be closed'/'why was it merged?' posts. But thanks for being the bigger man about it.

"Shit" thread or not it wasn't doing anything worth being closed over and it was also a thread for discussion related to a tier list after the last patch so it was merged. That way it's not even the first post in the thread any more so people aren't likely to see it now and discussion can resume on the better tier list anyway.

MadeOfMetal

Sorry, just seemed like you were ignoring my post on purpose considering all the other 'this thread should be closed'/'why was it merged?' posts. But thanks for being the bigger man about it.

"Shit" thread or not it wasn't doing anything worth being closed over and it was also a thread for discussion related to a tier list after the last patch so it was merged. That way it's not even the first post in the thread any more so people aren't likely to see it now and discussion can resume on the better tier list anyway.
yes but i see there frustration, two threads that where in different debates, and one was newer while the other one was practically dead until recently revived makes for considerable confusion. both threads where having different conversations and different pace of attitudes going on, so when merged it cause wide spread confusion, not to mention endless pages of randomness.

haketh

Noob

That thread and video was so useless & poorly done it wasn't worth merging into this thread or continuing

Youphemism

That thread and video was so useless & poorly done it wasn't worth merging into this thread or continuing
And as I said, despite people's opinion of the thread/video there was nothing there worth closing it over and since they both were on the topic of post-3/29/16 tier discussion they were merged. Simple. The complaints are pointless now anyway since it can't be unmerged so instead of complaining about something that can easily be ignored since it's somewhere in the middle of the thread where noone's looking why not just, you know, ignore it and discuss Derptile's list instead?

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Hmm... so Goro is a bottom 5 character eh? That's weird considering he has the most fighting experience, the best win loss ratio, the reach advantage, height advantage, and the weight advantage, over every other mortal fighter in the franchise.

Hmm... so Goro is a bottom 5 character eh? That's weird considering he has the most fighting experience, the best win loss ratio, the reach advantage, height advantage, and the weight advantage, over every other mortal fighter in the franchise.
Or the fact that Tigrar Fury has meterless 50/50s, Reach, GREAT Pushback and overall great damage that leads to a restand.......

You tried it.....

:DOGE.

MadeOfMetal

Or the fact that Tigrar Fury has meterless 50/50s, Reach, GREAT Pushback and overall great damage that leads to a restand.......

You tried it.....

:DOGE.
not saying anything on his tier placement, but what character doesn't have those tools in this cast, and don't they have that plus more, think of cassie tremor, predator, kung jin, alien, the list goes on.

not saying anything on his tier placement, but what character doesn't have those tools in this cast, and don't they have that plus more, think of cassie tremor, predator, kung jin, alien, the list goes on.
\
You didn't get it? It was a joke, hint the dog face.

Tweedy

Noob
Thoughts on the video.

Comparing Scorpion's 21 and Jax's "50/50 staggers", whatever that means, to Mileena's B12, is pure insanity.

The one thing that Mileena is missing, that you just had to point out in the video, that isn't really a weakness, is that she can't launch safely with 50/50s, and needs meter to do so in the first place. Seeing as this is her only "weakness", how does Alien make the top tier that she's not qualified for? Alien shares this "weakness". How are characters without launching 50/50s even on the disk?

Right before I stopped the video, he kept mentioning how much damage characters get. I don't know if that's to show that Mileena's 35% damage midscreen for no bar is somehow below average. The only example presented that might outshine Mileena is Scorpion. Scorpion does more damage than Mileena with no resources spent. That's really a weakness. Her damage isn't top 1. A first world problem would be the whole #fistibuffs2016 craze. This is a first world problem within the video game, which is already a first world problem. Get what i'm saying?

Also, yes, variations do matter. Boneshaper and Imposter, War God and Sun God, Full Auto and Shotgun, etc etc, are not the same characters. Are you just hoping that TYM is full of idiots that will listen to you grasping at straws? Tier lists are fun, variations or not, but the specific variations do matter, when it comes down to it.

A problem with TYM is that people argue to be correct, rather than to find a solution. This Akro guy's agenda is so ridiculous, that next he's gonna tell us that variations aren't even in the game. It's just all an illusion. Sun God has a sword, Hellfire has swords, everybody HAS FUCKING SWORDS OKAY M8.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Also, I think Raiden could be in A. His Thunder God variation at least. I think he's above B+, and Thunder God is viable.

MadeOfMetal

S Alien, Johnny, Mileena, D'Vorah, Takeda

A+ Kano, Sonya, Jax, Ermac, Cassie, Kung Jin, Kotal Khan

A Ferra/Tor, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Jacqui Briggs, Predator, Quan Chi

B+ Scorpion, Tremor, Erron Black, Goro, Kung Lao, Jason, Leatherface, Kitana, Sektor, Smoke

B Raiden, Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Cyrax, Cyber Sub Zero

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
S Alien, Johnny, Mileena, D'Vorah, Takeda

A+ Kano, Sonya, Jax, Ermac, Cassie, Kung Jin, Kotal Khan

A Ferra/Tor, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Jacqui Briggs, Predator, Quan Chi

B+ Scorpion, Tremor, Erron Black, Goro, Kung Lao, Jason, Leatherface, Kitana, Sektor, Smoke

B Raiden, Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Cyrax, Cyber Sub Zero
Is this your opinion? F/T should be A+ at least imo. Jin above Kang? Raiden lowest one? :(

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I always wondered about tier lists for this game as technically a single character can shift around depending on what variation you pick. For example if Mileena is S tier (likely based of off piercing) then where would you classify her using Ethereal and Ravenous?
And Triborg for that matter since he's technically like 4 different characters in a way