What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Just watched 15mins you didn't do better than Brady, you basically repeated yourself over and over...

Where were you when even Sonicfox cried to the devs to get GM Subz nerfed to the ground?
(Just cause he couldn't handle he MU with his mains)

Where when Summoner witch hunting season happened?

Where when Lao isn't fair and has to get nerfed at least 7 different times....? Right. It's only when it happens to your main.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
that fact that people on this forum think their complaint threads have any effect on balance changes at NRS is so ridiculous. I mean it is just the hight of hubris and self importance.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
that fact that people on this forum think their complaint threads have any effect on balance changes at NRS is so ridiculous. I mean it is just the hight of hubris and self importance.
lol Summoner got nerfed cause countless TYM threads. LBSH Casuals dropped the game week one or two, Summoner didn't get nerfed because of casuals....

Meep8345

Noob
Right when you said Kung Lao's changes didn't change him as a character I turned off the video lmao. So your going to tell me that his ex hat spin nerf did not drastically change him. Now the other player has so many options to get out and all we are frame trapping is just a d4,f2 on most of the cast. (Some characters with an 8f poke we frame trap a b3) So there is nothing to really be scared of plus we don't even combo from the f2 after ex hat spin

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
lol Summoner got nerfed cause countless TYM threads. LBSH Casuals dropped the game week one or two, Summoner didn't get nerfed because of casuals....
your kidding yourself if you think that.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Summoner got nerfed because the design was stupid. If you think otherwise, then I don't really know what to say.
I agree, I don't think otherwise... But if you are going to take so much away from him wouldn't you compensate with idk giving him armor or something so he doesn't get pressured to dead? Why castrate him?

Again I'm talking about Summoner here, don't telll me "well warlock has armor blabla" because he does but we are talking about Summoner here, Warlock might have a decent armor move but he doesn't have crazy ambiguous mix ups like Summoner.

I'm honestly sick and tired of scrubs mixing up variations together as if you could pick and choose which tools from each variation to use all in one.

@Jynks

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Right when you said Kung Lao's changes didn't change him as a character I turned off the video lmao. So your going to tell me that his ex hat spin nerf did not drastically change him. Now the other player has so many options to get out and all we are frame trapping is just a d4,f2 on most of the cast. (Some characters with an 8f poke we frame trap a b3) So there is nothing to really be scared of plus we don't even combo from the f2 after ex hat spin
I wish I could quote this on every single post that likes to pretend that Tempest Laos nerfs didn't change him much!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Oh and quan is still alive,
play mine and youll see
Quan is shit. Play me on XBL I'm going to chip you to dead with A-list and Alien or mix you up to dead and won't let you get off the floor with Sonnya, A-list, Alien, Tremor, Takeda etc.

And yes I do know how to play all of them.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
This is amazing.

Lets imagine that you were a cage loyalist.

"F3 isn't a guess so its cool"

Space control can be far more devastating than a 50/50 because the opponent can feel like they have no options to attack; no ways to get in. Gunslinger is so underrated as a variation because of its space control.

Mileena is busted, as is Cage, Alien and D'vorah.

Lets just agree that they are too strong, understand that this is the way it is and move on.

Can't have characters in a fighting game that don't let their opponent play.

edit:

lets make a quick tier list.

S Tier: Alien, Mileena, cage, D'vorah
A tier: The rest of the cast except (see B tier)
B Tier: Kenshi, Tanya, Bo

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Is this the new Akromanikast? :)

Didn't watch the whole video because honestly at this point in the game I'm beginning to get tired about tier discussions that lead to nowhere. But I hope at no point in the video you tried to argue about Mileena not needing nerfs, because everybody knows that is not true. We all lab her, we all play vs her and we all know how overbuffed she was in march, putting her in a state where she has pretty much 0 weaknesses. But anyway, she's probably gonna stay like she is now.

About the commentary in more or less 17:47 about the variation system, about the "even changing variation is still the same character", this has been debated many times.
My opinion is that in practice, this is false. First of all, in tournaments you can't change variation when you win, so in practice they are considered like different characters, no matter if they share the name or some tools, and I think that's ok because their tools can be so different in most cases that they behave like different characters.

You can say they are the same character if you want, and it's true at some extent, but when "fight " appears in the screem, in most cases two different variations behave so differently that the only things that they share are the skin and the name. So for me, because they have different style, some different moves, even some different properties on common moves and different game plans, they can be considered "different characters".

Last edited:

Meep8345

Noob
This is amazing.

Space control can be far more devastating than a 50/50 because the opponent can feel like they have no options to attack; no ways to get in. Gunslinger is so underrated as a variation because of its space control.

Lets just agree that they are too strong, understand that this is the way it is and move on.

This sums up one of the problems with mileena very well and it would be fine if she wasn't getting staggers,50/50's, and tick throws from it. Also her 50/50's may be punishable but she is one of the best characters at conditioning the other player because of her strings giving her a low/oh option like f12b4. She's also safe from it and she has an absurd amount of mixups from it and it breaks armor. I'm sorry but no character should have access to something that strong.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
This is amazing.

edit:

lets make a quick tier list.

S Tier: Alien, Mileena, cage, D'vorah
A tier: The rest of the cast except (see B tier)
B Tier: Kenshi, Tanya, Bo
Agreed but I think it's healthy to discuss high level gameplay, in fact I find it extremely exciting and entertaining!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
This sums up one of the problems with mileena very well and it would be fine if she wasn't getting staggers,50/50's, and tick throws from it. Also her 50/50's may be punishable but she is one of the best characters at conditioning the other player because of her strings giving her a low/oh option like f12b4. She's also safe from it and she has an absurd amount of mixups from it and it breaks armor. I'm sorry but no character should have access to something that strong.
As a former Tempest Lao main I completely disagree, I think every char should have extremely strong tools and everything should be hard to deal with, that would not only be exciting but also very balanced all across the board.

Last edited:

Arzumis

Noob
Quan is shit. Play me on XBL I'm going to chip you to dead with A-list and Alien or mix you up to dead and won't let you get off the floor with Sonnya, A-list, Alien, Tremor, Takeda etc.

And yes I do know how to play all of them.
Lets play later today, cage will be an issue for me but a bad MU doesnt make the character shit

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I love all of it, being British, forum drama and stream drama are part of our ways of life.

This is absolutely batshit crazy though.
Yeah I woke up at 5am today and I'm off from work, saw this thread and was like great drama!