What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
How do you get dark Kang? Someone has to send me ten tower challenges and I have to complete them or just do any ten towers????
You have to create 10 challenge towers and complete them, not do a friends towers.

*EDIT*
I updated the unlock information for Dark Emperor Liu Kang to be more clear.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I just got Revenant Liu Kang after winning a player match online. I Have no idea what the trigger was.

25/4 in ranked and 12/2 in player matches. None of my progression rewards had just increased but I did complete a challenge. (Play 3 player matches)

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I just got Revenant Liu Kang after winning a player match online. I Have no idea what the trigger was.

25/4 in ranked and 12/2 in player matches. None of my progression rewards had just increased but I did complete a challenge. (Play 3 player matches)
Hmmm, this gives me reason to believe that it is perhaps tied to faction challenges with completing a certain number.
Someone reported I think yesterday that they unlocked it doing a tower (Though after they did some ranked matches).
so confusing.,

You have to create 10 challenge towers and complete them, not do a friends towers.

*EDIT*
I updated the unlock information for Dark Emperor Liu Kang to be more clear.
One more thing anyone have any luck getting injustice scorpion to unlock on mobile? I hit white lotus lv 50 on console and he never unlocked.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
One more thing anyone have any luck getting injustice scorpion to unlock on mobile? I hit white lotus lv 50 on console and he never unlocked.
It appears some of the mobile stuff isn't unlocking correctly for a lot of people.
I'm pretty sure its bugged if anything.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Hmmm, this gives me reason to believe that it is perhaps tied to faction challenges with completing a certain number.
Someone reported I think yesterday that they unlocked it doing a tower (Though after they did some ranked matches).
so confusing.,
According to my stats I have 14 challenges complete. But I have been having issues with my daily challenges counting. I've done every daily since launch but It will show 3/3 completed until the next day then it will say I completed 0/3 the previous day. So, I don't know!

Does anyone know if Revenant Liu actually pops up in Living Towers? Ain't no way I'm able to get it on ranked but I'd still love to have it. Thanx for any help.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
According to my stats I have 14 challenges complete. But I have been having issues with my daily challenges counting. I've done every daily since launch but It will show 3/3 completed until the next day then it will say I completed 0/3 the previous day. So, I don't know!
According to my pvp matches I have 9 matches played with Kano, which isn't even true.
It appears that the stats are not accurate at all.

so confusing.,
I remember someone saying it's from hitting rank(level?) 10 with Special Moves. ANYWAYS.... Am I seriously the only one who has beat the story and doesn't have Hanzo Hasashi skin? What the fuck ;_; I even want it...

How do you get dark Kang? Someone has to send me ten tower challenges and I have to complete them or just do any ten towers????
Just hit R1(on ps4) for towers...when it shows u the special limited time ones, hit back(circle-ps4) and just grind out those towers, they're not very hard and only 5 matches per tower. I wasn't even keeping count of my challenge towers, just kept hitting "new tower" after completion while watching a stream.

Over on GameFAQs they figured out the Revenant Kitana unlock. It's tied to giving respect points. Just keep giving 10s and you'll get it.
I can also confirm this. I was in AFK in a Survivor KOTH (since the matches are just one round) and just kept handing out 10s.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
oh and also the Coarse edition also comes with Kold War Scorpion, at least mine did and It was not from gamestop, but amazon.co.uk
I bought the Coarse Edition from Best Buy, and I did not get the Kold War Scorpion skin. I only got the Gold Scorpion and Kombat Pack.

DDustiNN

Sub Zero
  • Revenant
    (Complete Test Your Might Tower)
I don't think you have to actually complete the Test Your Might tower for this. I got my Sub-Zero Revenant skin after completing challenge #8 in this tower. I continued on anyway and completed the last two challenges to see if I got anything else, but nope... no additional unlocks.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I don't think you have to actually complete the Test Your Might tower for this. I got my Sub-Zero Revenant skin after completing challenge #8 in this tower. I continued on anyway and completed the last two challenges to see if I got anything else, but nope... no additional unlocks.
Hmm, he didn't unlock for me untill I completed the entire tower.
Did you do any TYM before that? perhaps in one of the daily towers?
Maybe it's completing 10 in total.

DDustiNN

Hmm, he didn't unlock for me untill I completed the entire tower.
Did you do any TYM before that? perhaps in one of the daily towers?
Maybe it's completing 10 in total.
Hmm... You might be right. I think I've done a total of two before that, just randomly in other towers on previous days. So my 10th was actually #8 in the TYM tower.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I bought the Coarse Edition from Best Buy, and I did not get the Kold War Scorpion skin. I only got the Gold Scorpion and Kombat Pack.
in the UK it came w/ Kold War Scorpion. I don't think they had an edition like the Gamestop Limited Edition, tho i could be wrong.