What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

d3v

SRK
For some reason, the Mobile App isn't available in this region of the world. So does that mean we're fucked when trying to get those costumes?

I unlocked revenant Liu Kang after my 25th ranked match victory. It was the 19th game in my streak (not trying to brag, they were mostly scrub day 1 Scorpion players), so I don't think the streak has anything to do with it.

If anyone can confirm that they have more than 25 ranked wins and no Revenant Liu Kang, I would appreciate it.

Rean

Noob
  • Kitana Dark Empress
    (Random drop Living Towers upon a full completion)
its not random, you have to beat 10 towers

Zebster

How's my volume?
For some reason, the Mobile App isn't available in this region of the world. So does that mean we're fucked when trying to get those costumes?
But of course. Just like everyone outside of the US playing the PS4 version is fucked out of getting the "Beat a developer" stuff because of region lock.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Damnit. I want the klassic Mileena skin but i dont do mobile games/apps. Thats really the only way?
It is for now, but there are plenty of hacks and such already available for the mobile app on iOS.
And when the android one hits the market, there will be custom APK's that don't require you to root your device.
I'm sure there are also people that made a global WBID account for people to copy and unlock everything like they did with Injustice.

Hey all,

For skins like Dark Empress, Kanhum, and Dark Emperor, I take it you need to do them as Kitana, Mileena, and Liu Kang respectively; or will it work with any character?

Nope. Any character will do.
Oh, awesome!

I'm mostly playing as Ravenous Mileena now, but doing a lot of Living Towers. I should be able to get Dark Empress after a few more towers than.

Any Living Towers will do, I take it, provided I haven't completed it yet?

Lone

KHAOTIC
Just unlocked Revenant And Dark Emperor Liu Kang using the information in this thread. Unlocked Revenant Kung Lao yesterday.

Did 10 challenge towers for DE, just kept selecting new tower and different characters after each completion.

Revenant, I won around 15-20 ranked matches. I think it was buggy or something since I thought I had enough wins and my stats wouldn't update. So I left and went back into online mode, did one more ranked and it popped up on my screen. I'm only 24-1 for my ranked matches according to the online kombat history. Didn't lose at all today so I was on a streak of at least 10 wins.

Revenant Lao was about 20-30 wins in a random KoTH in a random lobby room.

Could anyone confirm the requirements for Hotshot Johnny? Eager to unlock it.
Same guy as earlier, but I can confirm it. I tried it after I saw someone say that they got it at 20 wins with a 10 win streak in Survivor, I got it at 26 wins with a 10 win streak.

I mostly got it so easily because a guy literally fell asleep in the lobby, and everyone else left because his snoring was loud and obnoxious.

It also doesn't have to be as Johnny, unless Erron Black is him in disguise.

OP, you may want to consider updating the original post with my method for unlocking revenant Jax. It's guaranteed to work, and should avoid any confusion

Just unlocked Revenant And Dark Emperor Liu Kang using the information in this thread. Unlocked Revenant Kung Lao yesterday.

Did 10 challenge towers for DE, just kept selecting new tower and different characters after each completion.

Revenant, I won around 15-20 ranked matches. I think it was buggy or something since I thought I had enough wins and my stats wouldn't update. So I left and went back into online mode, did one more ranked and it popped up on my screen. I'm only 24-1 for my ranked matches according to the online kombat history. Didn't lose at all today so I was on a streak of at least 10 wins.

Revenant Lao was about 20-30 wins in a random KoTH in a random lobby room.
So just to be clear you don't need to have a winning streak to unlock Rev Liu?

EDIT: I just unlocked him. I only had a 5 win streak though. It might be total matches won.

Last edited:
Anyone else having this problem? I've beaten 'test your might" twice, both times with Sub-Zero, but have yet to unlock the "Revenant Sub-Zero" outfit. I even have the PSN trophy to show I completed it.

EDIT: I restarted my PS4, Signed in, launched MKX, Still no outfit. Went to "Test your might" again and beat level 1. I then got a notification saying I've unlocked "Revenant Sub-Zero". Must have been a glitch. I quit after level one and It was indeed unlocked. Very weird.

Last edited:

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Anyone else having this problem? I've beaten 'test your might" twice, both times with Sub-Zero, but have yet to unlock the "Revenant Sub-Zero" outfit. I even have the PSN trophy to show I completed it.

EDIT: I restarted my PS4, Signed in, launched MKX, Still no outfit. Went to "Test your might" again and beat level 1. I then got a notification saying I've unlocked "Revenant Sub-Zero". Must have been a glitch. I quit after level one and It was indeed unlocked. Very weird.
Sounds like it's bugged.
Perhaps try it with a different character?

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
15 Flawless in Kustom Kombat. If you have another controller put 2 players and you can get it easily.
I'm not really sure if this is correct. I unlocked the skin after having almost double flawlessed player 2 every time when I won the 15th time. Either double flawless doesn't count (counts as 1), or you don't need 15 flawless, maybe just 15 wins or win-streak.

But thanks to you, I did get the costume, whatever the right circumstances.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I just got Dark Empress Kitana after doing my 5th Living Tower, not my 10th...I was playing as Shotgun Jacqui so it's not character specific either. Maybe they changed it in the last patch?

I've beat the entire story (on normal/medium/whatevertheDefaultis) and didn't use a single cutscene skip or fight skip or whatever...and I don't have Hasashi skin for Skorpion??