What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

Um........that skin was announced for sale with all proceeds going to ESL's prize pots......

The Kombat Pack will only include these:

Everything else WILL cost more.
OH. well like, nevermind then.

Thanks for the tip on the screen setting. I couldnt see those options down there. Lol.

I also unlocked Dark Empress Kitana last night. No notification, I was just doing Living Towers and went to check my Kollection and it was there.

Rean

Noob
  • Kitana Revenant
    (Reported to be tied to respect points)
confirmed on other forum, you dont have to play even, just join KOTH lobby, sit afk and give everyone 10's
not sure what exact amount is, but keep spamming dem 10 and you'll get her eventually

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
  • Kitana Revenant
    (Reported to be tied to respect points)
confirmed on other forum, you dont have to play even, just join KOTH lobby, sit afk and give everyone 10's
not sure what exact amount is, but keep spamming dem 10 and you'll get her eventually
I would if I could actually join KOTH's.
Sadly it always gets stuck on connecting for me, and when I do make it in a room, the entire room gets disbanded.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Pretty sure UMK3 Scorpion is next with the compatibility pack for the 2nd DLC character.
I hope it looks more like the Klassic skins from MK9. I almost always used those. Sub-Zero's Klassic skin in MKX is fuuuuuuugly. I really hope the others aren't just a palette swap of that one.

So far, the Gold Scorpion and Blue Steel Sub-Zero are my most-used alternate skins. I like them quite a bit - much more than I expected.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Updated the main post.
Included all the upcoming skin packs (that we know of) with information on if they are released or not released yet highlighted in green and red.

I'll of course update it when these skins are released.

Last edited:

Tim Static

Adminerator
I hope it looks more like the Klassic skins from MK9. I almost always used those. Sub-Zero's Klassic skin in MKX is fuuuuuuugly. I really hope the others aren't just a palette swap of that one.
You are INSANNNNNNNNE. And a minority in that aspect I would bet. :coffee:
So far, the Gold Scorpion and Blue Steel Sub-Zero are my most-used alternate skins. I like them quite a bit - much more than I expected.
Ok maybe not thaaaaat insane. I love both those skins immensely. Even with the stupid Kold War skins, I still think Scorpion & Sub have the best overal skins along with Raiden, because Raiden. :coffee:

Just a heads up I unlocked Revenant Sub-Zero on Test Your Might Tower 6, so I completed 5 in the tower (the notification popped up).

However, I did a few test your might challenges in Living Towers and one in a Faction Tower. Not sure how many, but 10-ish would be about right, so confirmed it can be done with multiple towers.

Anyone have any advice on beating Test Your Might Tower 10 so I can unlock the Achievement?

Also, I've got 8 more skins to unlock to get them all (excluding the mobile skins, as I don't have an iOS or Android phone, and premium skins).

ScorpXL

Goro?
Anyone have any advice on beating Test Your Might Tower 10 so I can unlock the Achievement?
This method is kind of cheap, but just grab a pen and quickly roll it up and down repeatedly on the 4 buttons of your controller. ;)

Last edited:
This method is kind of cheap, but just grab a pen and quickly roll it up and down repeatedly on the 4 buttons of your controller. ;)
Nice, I'll try that later.

My fingers were crazy sore after trying conventionally last night, though I got the Achievement for seeing all the Test Your Might deaths :p.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Ok so it appears you unlock Rev Sub Zero simply by completing 10 TYM challenges.
If someone could fully confirm this? (Like do the first one in TYM tower and just redo it everytime by quitting and re-doing the tower x10)

Mirjitsu

Noob
I got Revenant Sub-Zero day 1 from doing the entire TYM tower. I didn't do any living towers, klassic towers, story, or anything before the TYM tower so I think it's confirmed.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I got Revenant Sub-Zero day 1 from doing the entire TYM tower. I didn't do any living towers, klassic towers, story, or anything before the TYM tower so I think it's confirmed.
Perhaps I worded it wrong.
I need confirmation on if it unlocks after 10 TYM challenges in total.
So I need someone to do the first mission of the TYM tower 10x over.

D

Deleted member 9158

I got Dark Empress Kitana from completing a random living tower.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
The only costume that is missing for me is Hotshot Johnny and i think i pass on it.

10 Public Survivor KotH Matches in a row is crazy. 10 normal KotH would be ok but Survivor?

Especially for a generic costume you should unlock in story mode. Too much work to gather 7 people so nobody can join.

Revenant Kitana is unlocked by PAYING respects a certain amount of times. Not by how many Respect Points you have. I have over 1200 respect points and just unlocked it today after going AFK and paying respects to more matches than I usually do. My issue was that I was winning too much and was always king so I never had many chances to pay respects to other players. Lol

Also there is no notification that the costume is unlocked. It just pops up in her costumes.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
The only costume that is missing for me is Hotshot Johnny and i think i pass on it.

10 Public Survivor KotH Matches in a row is crazy. 10 normal KotH would be ok but Survivor?

Especially for a generic costume you should unlock in story mode. Too much work to gather 7 people so nobody can join.
people are doing boosting rooms if you act fast shouldnt be a big deal.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Revenant Kitana is unlocked by PAYING respects a certain amount of times. Not by how many Respect Points you have. I have over 1200 respect points and just unlocked it today after going AFK and paying respects to more matches than I usually do. My issue was that I was winning too much and was always king so I never had many chances to pay respects to other players. Lol

Also there is no notification that the costume is unlocked. It just pops up in her costumes.
I edited the unlock information to make it more clear.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist

Can confirm. I main Kitana, so unlocking the Revenant costume was a high priority for me (because look at it). Numerous reports have tied it to KotH wins. But having played KotH for a couple days straight and racking up some hefty winning streaks, that simply wasn't the case. Then, yesterday, I was in a couple of KotH lobbies handing out numerous 10s, and it finally unlocked (no notification). Handing out respect points seems to be the definitive way of unlocking it. And if that's not convincing enough, think about her quote from MK9: "You will learn respect."

Now we just need to find out how much respect one needs to give out exactly before it unlocks.