What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

Can confirm. I main Kitana, so unlocking the Revenant costume was a high priority for me (because look at it). Numerous reports have tied it to KotH wins. But having played KotH for a couple days straight and racking up some hefty winning streaks, that simply wasn't the case. Then, yesterday, I was in a couple of KotH lobbies handing out numerous 10s, and it finally unlocked (no notification). Handing out respect points seems to be the definitive way of unlocking it. And if that's not convincing enough, think about her quote from MK9: "You will learn respect."

Now we just need to find out how much respect one needs to give out exactly before it unlocks.
Me too! All I need now is Klassic Kitana from the mobile app. Almost there. Need to reach level 40 and I'm at 31 now.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Because survivor sucks ass as a game mode let me know if any of you guys just want to beat on me to get the wins in a row, or at least help pad your streak the thought of some of you having to play that mode makes me sad as I know at some point i'm going to want to collect the Johnny skin and I would rather not waste time in that mode.

Does the Kung Lao unlock need to be a 25 streak win? Or 25 total?
I unlocked it after playing lots of KOTH matches, I was on a 5 game streak when I got it. I had obtained a much higher streak in other sessions prior to that one. So it's probably 25 wins total, which is also how many ranked wins I had when I unlocked revenant Liu Kang

Because survivor sucks ass as a game mode let me know if any of you guys just want to beat on me to get the wins in a row, or at least help pad your streak the thought of some of you having to play that mode makes me sad as I know at some point i'm going to want to collect the Johnny skin and I would rather not waste time in that mode.
If it makes you feel better, I don't think it requires a ten game STREAK after all, just ten wins total. I set out to unlock it today and unlocked it after my 8th win in a row, and I had dabbled in survivor mode a little bit on launch day. So it may be just ten wins as a survivor, no streak required.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
If it makes you feel better, I don't think it requires a ten game STREAK after all, just ten wins total. I set out to unlock it today and unlocked it after my 8th win in a row, and I had dabbled in survivor mode a little bit on launch day. So it may be just ten wins as a survivor, no streak required.
I got it after a 10 win streak, and it wasn't my 10th total win. Maybe around 20 wins possibly based off what you're saying.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
I had something awesome happen. Got into a Survivor room with a guy who was AFK for the longest time, but he wasn't SET as AFK. The few other people in the room weren't good so I beat them before they lost their patience and just quit. Got my 10 win streak that way and Hotshot! I can't say if it was at my tenth win though, but I actually don't think it was, though not sure. I thought I was sure it wasn't at my tenth win, but the post above me makes me doubt.

Now I still have a major problem: my ranked matches seem to reset every time I start up the game. Now that wouldn't be TOO much of a problem, but they also don't add up right. It goes up to about two matches and then stops counting. I'll never get the Revenant Liu Kang this way! I also didn't get any icons and stuff for a winning streak, but I did get the steam achievement as I should have. They really need to fix that damned scoreboard.

Last edited:

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Thanks for the info might try 20ish games of survivor to see if I somehow get the costume. If not i'll make a room with a friend and just get it done nice and quick.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
The only costume that is missing for me is Hotshot Johnny and i think i pass on it.

10 Public Survivor KotH Matches in a row is crazy. 10 normal KotH would be ok but Survivor?

Especially for a generic costume you should unlock in story mode. Too much work to gather 7 people so nobody can join.
lol so much for that. Got now all costumes with Hotshot Johnny.

Thought im gonna go in a public Survivor KotH and just try it without any help and i got it.

Feels good especially i almost fucked up in the 9th match :D

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Perhaps I worded it wrong.
I need confirmation on if it unlocks after 10 TYM challenges in total.
So I need someone to do the first mission of the TYM tower 10x over.
I did 9, then quit. Remapped some buttons, came back and did entire tower. After that I did receive rev Sub. That said, maybe the thing checks for unlock conditions upon leaving the tower, so I dunno.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Have a stick with the ability to turn on turbo buttons. You'll be able to do the entire Test Your Might tower in under a minute and get the best skin in the game, in my opinion.....Revenant Sub Zero.
Yea it's one of the best imo as well, and even tho Subbie & Scorp have the most overall skins, those 2 along w/ Raiden have the best skins in the game. Minus the Kold War skins. eww.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yea it's one of the best imo as well, and even tho Subbie & Scorp have the most overall skins, those 2 along w/ Raiden have the best skins in the game. Minus the Kold War skins. eww.
I was surprised how badass Future Raiden looks in game. The render they showed on the Kombat Kast looked awful, I thought. When I actually unlocked it and saw it in game....I loved it. I haven't actually seen Dark Raiden, yet.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
So I heard you unlock Dark Emperor Liu Kang by playing 10 challenge towers in a row, can anyone confirm? Cause I did that and didn't unlock anything. Or do you have to play with Liu Kang?

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
So I heard you unlock Dark Emperor Liu Kang by playing 10 challenge towers in a row, can anyone confirm? Cause I did that and didn't unlock anything. Or do you have to play with Liu Kang?
Are you making your own challenge towers?
Multiple people have confirmed including myself that it unlocked for them doing 10 challenge towers (though own created not by friends).

Tim Static

Adminerator
I was surprised how badass Future Raiden looks in game. The render they showed on the Kombat Kast looked awful, I thought. When I actually unlocked it and saw it in game....I loved it. I haven't actually seen Dark Raiden, yet.
As a Raiden guy/fan, I think MKX's Dark Raiden might be the worst of the Dark Raiden's yet, but its not terrible or anything. Tho I love more of the Dark Raiden fan art myself, and I think MK9's Dark Raiden is the best looking one of them all.

Dark Raiden vs alternate Dark Raiden

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Are you making your own challenge towers?
Multiple people have confirmed including myself that it unlocked for them doing 10 challenge towers (though own created not by friends).
I just played "new towers". Not created by myself, not by friends either though.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
As a Raiden guy/fan, I think MKX's Dark Raiden might be the worst of the Dark Raiden's yet, but its not terrible or anything. Tho I love more of the Dark Raiden fan art myself, and I think MK9's Dark Raiden is the best looking one of them all.

Dark Raiden vs alternate Dark Raiden
Ahh.....looks kinda cool. I agree, though....MK9's Dark Raiden was fucking amazing. Easily my favorite Raiden skin of all time. Then again, I am also probably the only human on the planet that loved his Deadly Alliance alt, as well.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ahh.....looks kinda cool. I agree, though....MK9's Dark Raiden was fucking amazing. Easily my favorite Raiden skin of all time. Then again, I am also probably the only human on the planet that loved his Deadly Alliance alt, as well.

Oh i loved that one too. Same w/ Lao's un-hatted alternate (same game i think)

Have a stick with the ability to turn on turbo buttons. You'll be able to do the entire Test Your Might tower in under a minute and get the best skin in the game, in my opinion.....Revenant Sub Zero.
Sadly I do not have any Controllers with Turbo buttons, so I have to do it the hard way. I have the skin though, and I agree it's amazing.

I'm simply looking to complete Test Your Might Tower 10 for the Achievement. Still need to try the pen trick someone suggested above.