What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
Exactly. The problem as I see it, is that Cyrax only shines if the opponent doesn't have the matchup knowledge (the decreased net timer and no net after bombs after makes setting things up on the fly a struggle). I almost always have to go with Takeda for higher level players. I still get to style on noobs every now and then though:

Like you said, he's pretty much only good for showing off against boobs. A real player wouldn't have fallen for that stuff

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
HTB setups that can not be back-dashed, armor-broken, or jumped out of. See both videos for proof.

The meterless combo ranges from 36-39%. Depends on if they try back-dashing, armor, or neither. (The first hit of an armor-break goes un-scaled, 2nd hit actually starts the combo.)

The 1-bar combo ranges from 49-52%. Same idea as above.

Rebourne07

HTB setups that can not be backdashed, armor-broken, or jumped out of. See both videos for proof.

The meterless combo ranges from 36-39%. Depends on if they try backdashing, armor, or neither. (The first hit of an armor-break goes un-scaled, 2nd hit actually starts the combo.)
Blocking low negates all of the reset portion of those combos. Let's just face it, Cyrax is dead :(

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Blocking low negates all of the reset portion of those combos. Let's just face it, Cyrax is dead :(
If they block low, they get hit by the B1 overhead first, and then the bomb pops them up.

EDIT: I just tested this and you are incorrect. They get blown up. They have about 1 or 2 frames to block correctly. There literally are no options besides blocking correctly extremely fast or doing an x-ray.

Last edited:

Rebourne07

If they block low, they get hit by the B1 overhead first, and then the bomb pops them up.

EDIT: I just tested this and you are incorrect. They get blown up. They have about 1 or 2 frames to block correctly. There literally are no options besides blocking correctly extremely fast or doing an x-ray.
K my bad, I assumed the bomb hit first. I'll test this out tonight, if it's not too execution heavily it may be my bnb. Thanks man. Btw are you UA Scar? Or is that a different guy?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
K my bad, I assumed the bomb hit first. I'll test this out tonight, if it's not too execution heavily it may be my bnb. Thanks man. Btw are you UA Scar? Or is that a different guy?
That's a different person. Also, I'm not a guy; and seriously, no worries. I get that all the time.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
That's a different person. Also, I'm not a guy; and seriously, no worries. I get that all the time.
hey you are a female right?

i was gonna ask if you have entered any tournaments?

i have entered and won many locals near me, but havent had the money to enter EVO . i just can't travel. and run the risk of paying for a tciket and then losing, which would probably happen. LMAO

Almost forgot:

you have some mad tech on here and wanted to say props, for contributing to the community like you have.

maybe we can swap vids sometime, i just hate the uploading from one drive part ;)

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
I completely agree @GhostTuna420 it's just that i'm more emo than anything about the damage scaling, i'm fine with everything else now. But i just don't see the reason to nerf his damage scaling.
The max 1 bar damage after f2 is now:
F21 xx EX DB1, Dash, 4 xx BF1, DD2, Run Cancel, 4 xx DB2, BackDash, 4 xx DD2, JBK, DB2, NJP, DD3, JBK, DF3, D2, DF3, F34, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 36% 1 bar.
This combo was made by @AirCheezy217 iirc so thanks to him for the combo above.
The above combo will be put in OP.
You see what i mean? That's terrible scaling man.
I completely disagree.. How can you be fine with everything else? I struggled before and now it is just improbable to beat a good player. Bomb loop was block able. The combos scaled and weren't Kung Jin difficulty. So they were actually hard to pull off, not only that but you needed to be aware of where you were on the map. Catching someone in a net full screen does nothing for you. Believe me I'm trying to hang in there but he's taken a hit. It's annoying to hear people say he's fine. You either obviously don't play him or you aren't fighting good opponents.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I completely disagree.. How can you be fine with everything else? I struggled before and now it is just improbable to beat a good player. Bomb loop was block able. The combos scaled and weren't Kung Jin difficulty. So they were actually hard to pull off, not only that but you needed to be aware of where you were on the map. Catching someone in a net full screen does nothing for you. Believe me I'm trying to hang in there but he's taken a hit. It's annoying to hear people say he's fine. You either obviously don't play him or you aren't fighting good opponents.
only thing i hate is no net after bomb.

but his Loopable HTB's where cheap as hell.

i can win without them, id rather say i worked for my victory.

the damage scaling hurt as well, and im not ok with it, after a bar we should get more damage.

id like to see what PND team says he should get

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
If you struggled before, it's safe to say you're just bad with the character. I main him. No offense.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
I want to personally thank all of you that contributed to this current state of our beautiful yellow cybernetic man. I'm not a pro, I'm not a noob, maybe I'm better than half the people by a few, idk. I quit Cyrax after the patch because my combos didn't work. It wasn't until I watched Mustard's tournament on Sunday and then came here to catch up on the new combos, that I learned most of them are still in, just tweaked a little. Never did I think running a little bit would make a difference in the net to bomb combos. Never did I think 111, BF1, DF2, F43... would work, while 11, BF1, DF2, F43... wouldn't. I've always been a lab rat, but it was mostly regurgitating what I see online. I usually can't think outside the box enough to add a 1 or a run here or there. I played all last night for the first time in a week and I honestly felt my entire strategy was still there since XL launch. Us less intelligent people depend on you all, so thank you again guys. I couldn't have done it without you. Your work is highly appreciated and respected.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
"Easy" my ass. You can get the run cancel into F43 to work but it's sure as hell not easy.
it is easy dude , if the net hits you immediately run cancel it into far hover then f43 , i literally get it even on reaction and anyway if you have mis-timed it then do a low bomb set up instead , thats what i do when i know ive missed the timing . are you on x box ? we can do the mirror or just play whoever
also if you find the timing finnicky then do net far hover RC f43 instead , the second f43 has to be done very late but its the same combo

fr stack

u
I want to personally thank all of you that contributed to this current state of our beautiful yellow cybernetic man. I'm not a pro, I'm not a noob, maybe I'm better than half the people by a few, idk. I quit Cyrax after the patch because my combos didn't work. It wasn't until I watched Mustard's tournament on Sunday and then came here to catch up on the new combos, that I learned most of them are still in, just tweaked a little. Never did I think running a little bit would make a difference in the net to bomb combos. Never did I think 111, BF1, DF2, F43... would work, while 11, BF1, DF2, F43... wouldn't. I've always been a lab rat, but it was mostly regurgitating what I see online. I usually can't think outside the box enough to add a 1 or a run here or there. I played all last night for the first time in a week and I honestly felt my entire strategy was still there since XL launch. Us less intelligent people depend on you all, so thank you again guys. I couldn't have done it without you. Your work is highly appreciated and respected.
on x box ?? we can get sets in if ya want :)

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
hey you are a female right?

i was gonna ask if you have entered any tournaments?

i have entered and won many locals near me, but havent had the money to enter EVO . i just can't travel. and run the risk of paying for a tciket and then losing, which would probably happen. LMAO

Almost forgot:

you have some mad tech on here and wanted to say props, for contributing to the community like you have.

maybe we can swap vids sometime, i just hate the uploading from one drive part ;)
Yup I'm a lady. I've done 4 local tournaments in New Jersey. I won a local like 2 weeks ago, but it was a very small tournament. Feel free to send me a PM to talk about tech.

fr stack

@scarsunseen is this a thing , from the low bomb b2 HTB do s4 , f1, f1, f13 , far hover ~ b1 ex tele (land in front) NJP combo i start messing with it today and would like a second opinion pls !

also another HTB set up off a grounded net , f13 net, mid low bomb, dash, ji1, NJP combo :) dunno if this is known or not?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
@scarsunseen is this a thing , from the low bomb b2 HTB do s4 , f1, f1, f13 , far hover ~ b1 ex tele (land in front) NJP combo i start messing with it today and would like a second opinion pls !

also another HTB set up off a grounded net , f13 net, mid low bomb, dash, ji1, NJP combo :) dunno if this is known or not?
I'll test the first one tonight. I'm not available right now to test. I don't think the second one will work because of the time restriction on the net. I like doing: F13-net, quick RC, dd3, 21, B1, **HTB pop-up**, NJP, B2, F43-DB4

fr stack

I'll test the first one tonight. I'm not available right now to test. I don't think the second one will work because of the time restriction on the net. I like doing: F13-net, quick RC, dd3, 21, B1, **HTB pop-up**, NJP, B2, F43-DB4
ive been meaning to do your one actually thanks for reminding me , the second one does work the combo resets !