What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
"Easy" my ass. You can get the run cancel into F43 to work but it's sure as hell not easy.
It actually is easy. Just gotta mess with it to figure it out. I prefer to just shoot my hover bomb (df2) from where I am right after I net and rc in my f43.

I literally land it 9/10 times or more. Even online.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
"Easy" my ass. You can get the run cancel into F43 to work but it's sure as hell not easy.
Just sit in the lab and practice it. I got it down in about ten minutes of practice and could pull it off maybe 80% of the time online. Most of the failures were me rushing it and getting a d2

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
@scarsunseen is this a thing , from the low bomb b2 HTB do s4 , f1, f1, f13 , far hover ~ b1 ex tele (land in front) NJP combo i start messing with it today and would like a second opinion pls !

also another HTB set up off a grounded net , f13 net, mid low bomb, dash, ji1, NJP combo :) dunno if this is known or not?
I dunno if it's me, but i cant get either of these to work well.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
It actually is easy. Just gotta mess with it to figure it out. I prefer to just shoot my hover bomb (df2) from where I am right after I net and rc in my f43.

I literally land it 9/10 times or more. Even online.
funny, i run cancel the hover bomb... the timing after net combo, is very tight.

so i either RC into hover, or Save with RC into D2 after i execute the Hover. sometimes i find that the F43 will get blocked, and ohh this is annoying.

but yeah, RC into hover fixes that every time for me.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
either i suck badly or you are right, because is definitel not what I'd call "easy" execution
Obviously degree of difficulty is relative to the person attempting the combo. Try to ignore it when other people say things are easy. I will say though as a person that hates Run Cancel combos, this is one of the MUCH "easier" ones. This one is the only one I can get off 99% of the time. Just practice it in the lab and when you finally start to get it, you'll have a much better understanding of run ins. Trust me, the follow up combos are much much harder to execute, at least the one that I do.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
if you're not landing the f43 after the run cancel then practice shortening your run because u only have to run for a split second to get in f43 range

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
I never posted links before, but here is my current BnB. No idea if this is pointless or not, so if it is let me know and I'll delete it.

I basically just watched Mustard at hypespotting and copied his tactics, so if anyone gets any credit it's him.

fr stack

I never posted links before, but here is my current BnB. No idea if this is pointless or not, so if it is let me know and I'll delete it.

I basically just watched Mustard at hypespotting and copied his tactics, so if anyone gets any credit it's him.
you can get that one to 33% by doing far bomb f43 far bomb f43 far bomb 114 mid bomb d2 close bomb NJP ,, the notes were incorrect 4 bombs per combo but keep in mind always leave one low bomb at the end for the follow up set up so all in all you can get 7 bomb combos and do meterless set ups :)

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
you can get that one to 33% by doing far bomb f43 far bomb f43 far bomb 114 mid bomb d2 close bomb NJP ,, the notes were incorrect 4 bombs per combo but keep in mind always leave one low bomb at the end for the follow up set up so all in all you can get 7 bomb combos and do meterless set ups :)
Good to know, thanks! I can't wait to try it when I get home. I'm basically sacrificing a little damage for consistency. Anything after 4 bombs started to stress me out pre-patch haha. Can you hit the 7 bomb one consistently enough for online? I hate dropping my only means of damage combos.

fr stack

Good to know, thanks! I can't wait to try it when I get home. I'm basically sacrificing a little damage for consistency. Anything after 4 bombs started to stress me out pre-patch haha. Can you hit the 7 bomb one consistently enough for online? I hate dropping my only means of damage combos.
my personal one is: starter net ,RC far bomb f43 far bomb f43 far bomb 114 mid bomb d2 close low bomb , walk back ,21 mid low bomb ,NJP walk back b2 into set up
its consistent i rarely drop it

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
my personal one is: starter net ,RC far bomb f43 far bomb f43 far bomb 114 mid bomb d2 close low bomb , walk back ,21 mid low bomb ,NJP walk back b2 into set up
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out! Today is only my day 3 of post patch Cyrax, so I still have a lot to learn. I can definitely say though, I got all confident in practice mode, then went to online and got slaughtered lol.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
This is what I've been using since the nerfs hit. After the b2 I walk up in standing 4 into ground bomb. I land it 9/10 times easy online and it's still swaggy as hell.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Been using that bnb since the patch. It's pretty good, it's sad you can't get more swag from the combo.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I got this idea from @UsedForGlue when watching his CSZ practice stream.

The following is a block string: NJK, F131-saw. There shouldn't be a gap in between NJK and F131-saw if you time it correctly. You can do this with NJP also but the timing is MUCH more strict. Reptile is the only character who can punish a blocked chest saw with his ex-slippery slide reversal. This block string does 5.35% chip. Against Reptile, you can technically end with ex-saw to be safe, but it won't be worth it unless you're really trying to chip him out to win a round or bait a reversal. Ending with ex-saw instead does 5.6% chip. I realize this isn't HUGE damage or anything, but I think it will help with Cyrax's corner game especially. (ie: end a corner combo with bomb oki setup and then follow with the aforementioned block string.)

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
What I've been doing in the corner:

starter~bf1, db3, f121, (bomb hits them), njp, b2, 4~db3
starter~EX db1, njp, b2, 4, 111~bf1 into a HTB setup

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

The following is a block string: NJK, F131-saw. There shouldn't be a gap in between NJK and F131-saw if you time it correctly. You can do this with NJP also but the timing is MUCH more strict. Reptile is the only character who can punish a blocked chest saw with his ex-slippery slide reversal. This block string does 5.35% chip. Against Reptile, you can technically end with ex-saw to be safe, but it won't be worth it unless you're really trying to chip him out to win a round or bait a reversal. Ending with ex-saw instead does 5.6% chip. I realize this isn't HUGE damage or anything, but I think it will help with Cyrax's corner game especially. (ie: end a corner combo with bomb oki setup and then follow with the aforementioned block string.)

Glad I could help.

NariTuba

disMember

Great stuff!

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Some new combos I came up with inspired by stuff in the thread. Sorry if these have already been posted.
Midscreen Meterless
njp, b2, 4 xx bf1, rc xx df2, 114 xx dd2, d2, dd3, wb 21 xx db2, db1, 4 xx db4 (33%)

Corner Meterless
starter xx bf1, db2, f43, njp, b2, 4, f131, db1 (27%)

Corner 1-bar
starter xx exdb1, njp, b2, 4, 114 xx bf1 (30% htb that can loop into the above combo or into 4, 21, 114 xx db1 30%)

soooo starter into net, RC (no run cancel needed if you start with 4 Net), DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DD2, D2, DB2, DB1, 4 ~ DB4.

mid 30s meterless. tons of time chewed up as well. Can end with JK DB4, 4 saw, 4 dd3 for bomb setup, 4 EX DB1, or 4 EX DB4, to extend it.

You can do a lot of the same stuff you could before but it just does less damage now by a few percent.