What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
my personal one is: starter net ,RC far bomb f43 far bomb f43 far bomb 114 mid bomb d2 close low bomb , walk back ,21 mid low bomb ,NJP walk back b2 into set up
its consistent i rarely drop it
Duuuuude, started doing this last night and I love it. Not only do I have the timing down perfectly on the first 3 bombs now, if I start to screw up halfway through the 4th/5th, I have like 8 ways to bail into an alternate in sacrifice of like 1% damage lol. So thanks again. Can I ask what your favorite follow up to a Starter ==> EX buzzsaw ==> ??? I saw Mustard drop the B2 once at hypespotting, and I can see why because that timing blows. Right now I'm only comfortable with, Walk forward 4, net, then follow up with whatever.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Been using this now:
F21 xx BF1, Dash, DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DF2, 114 xx DB2, Walk Back, 21 xx DD3, NJP, DF3, D2, DF3, F34, B2, 4 xx DB1 = 33% meterless, will add to OP.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Duuuuude, started doing this last night and I love it. Not only do I have the timing down perfectly on the first 3 bombs now, if I start to screw up halfway through the 4th/5th, I have like 8 ways to bail into an alternate in sacrifice of like 1% damage lol. So thanks again. Can I ask what your favorite follow up to a Starter ==> EX buzzsaw ==> ??? I saw Mustard drop the B2 once at hypespotting, and I can see why because that timing blows. Right now I'm only comfortable with, Walk forward 4, net, then follow up with whatever.
id do ex saw RC 4 net, mid hover, walk forwards, 4 close hover, jump back 3, mid hover, d2, mid low bomb, NJP into ender
or
ex saw RC 4 net, mid hover, 3 close hover, NJP, mid hover, d2, close low bomb, 21 into bomb or finish combo
also if the saw is close enough you can do a NJP combo after

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
id do ex saw RC 4 net, mid hover, walk forwards, 4 close hover, jump back 3, mid hover, d2, mid low bomb, NJP into ender
or
ex saw RC 4 net, mid hover, 3 close hover, NJP, mid hover, d2, close low bomb, 21 into bomb or finish combo
also if the saw is close enough you can do a NJP combo after
WHAT, you can get a jump back 3 into bombs still? God I missed so much, and know so little. Idk how you guys figure out these crazy combos lol. Either way thank you.

xxFalcon Loverxx

You didn't know that? LOL, check the OP you can still do it a million times. ^ E.g F21 xx EX DB1, Dash, 4 xx BF1, DD2, Run cancel, 4 xx DB2, Jump Back Kick, DD2, 4 xx DB2, Jump Back Kick, DD3, 21 xx DB3, NJP, DF3, D2, B2, 4 xx DB4.

Last edited:

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
You didn't know that? LOL, check the OP you can still do it a million times. ^ E.g F21 xx EX DB1, Dash, 4 xx BF1, DD2, Run cancel, 4 xx DB2, Jump Back Kick, DD2, 4 xx DB2, Jump Back Kick, DD3, 21 xx DB3, NJP, DF4, D2, B2, 4 xx DB4.
Ohhhh I havent gotten to the one bar combos yet. Haha bear with me I'm new here! 4 days ago I thought there was no way to combo into a bomb after a net anymore. My mind has been blown. Thank you for the example though! Hope I'm not bringing down the thread by not knowing this stuff. I appreciate the help though and I've already learned so much.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ohhhh I havent gotten to the one bar combos yet. Haha bear with me I'm new here! 4 days ago I thought there was no way to combo into a bomb after a net anymore. My mind has been blown. Thank you for the example though! Hope I'm not bringing down the thread by not knowing this stuff. I appreciate the help though and I've already learned so much.
No man, that's what the thread is for: Figuring out the max damaging combos and sharing it with people who don't know about them. :)

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
If you don't feel like doing a million bombs for some damage I found a 1 bomb, 1 bar 34% combo that is pretty simple to pull off and a little bit swaggy too. Maybe you guys can come up with a better ender or get some other ideas off this. If you are right next to the opponent when you b2 you will have to step back just a bit before db2ex..
b2,4,net, db2ex, f4,3,db4, walk in b1,2+4

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
If you don't feel like doing a million bombs for some damage I found a 1 bomb, 1 bar 34% combo that is pretty simple to pull off and a little bit swaggy too. Maybe you guys can come up with a better ender or get some other ideas off this. If you are right next to the opponent when you b2 you will have to step back just a bit before db2ex..
That was actually cool. Give us a day or so and we can add more swag to it lol

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
The B2 starter wont really work in a match, but I'm intrigued by the use of ex bomb after catching an air net. Only way to land that in a match would be to make it be a 2 bar and use mixup -> ex saw -> net as your starter for a more reliable opener with the same spacing. Still very cool find though. Cyrax is basically only good for playing with in practice mode now anyway so it's cool to see how much we can come up with.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
The B2 starter wont really work in a match, but I'm intrigued by the use of ex bomb after catching an air net. Only way to land that in a match would be to make it be a 2 bar and use mixup -> ex saw -> net as your starter for a more reliable opener with the same spacing. Still very cool find though. Cyrax is basically only good for playing with in practice mode now anyway so it's cool to see how much we can come up with.
You can do it off a blocked htb. Do low bomb b2, delay the b2 enough so it would be the second hit. If they block the low bomb they get hit by b2 and it could create this combo.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Please, can we get the "Cyrax is only good in practice mode and not good in a real match bruh" comments to stop? He has what he has. It's best to work with what he have.

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
Please, can we get the "Cyrax is only good in practice mode and not good in a real match bruh" comments to stop? He has what he has. It's best to work with what he have.
Hell no they'll never stop. It's true. They ruined him, he's garbage now. NRS screwed up, they rushed a patch to make it in time for ESL/EVO and now we all have to live with their mistake until after tournament season. It sucks, but the last thing I'd want is for them to get a sense from general chatter on TYM that Cyrax is fine. He's not fine, he's the worst character in the game and needs to be revisited extensively to make him good again.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Hell no they'll never stop. It's true. They ruined him, he's garbage now. NRS screwed up, they rushed a patch to make it in time for ESL/EVO and now we all have to live with their mistake until after tournament season. It sucks, but the last thing I'd want is for them to get a sense from general chatter on TYM that Cyrax is fine. He's not fine, he's the worst character in the game and needs to be revisited extensively to make him good again.
You just did the exact thing i asked you not to.....

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
you can get that one to 33% by doing far bomb f43 far bomb f43 far bomb 114 mid bomb d2 close bomb NJP ,, the notes were incorrect 4 bombs per combo but keep in mind always leave one low bomb at the end for the follow up set up so all in all you can get 7 bomb combos and do meterless set ups :)
wait a second. isnt the patch notes correct, 3 high bombs and 3 low bombs per combo. and i have been landing 5 bomb combos just fine?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
wait a second. isnt the patch notes correct, 3 high bombs and 3 low bombs per combo. and i have been landing 5 bomb combos just fine?
ive only gotten 4 hovers max then 2 low bombs cause i keep the last one for a set up ,, i havent seen a 5 since the patch

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
I can make enough players turtle if I hit them with a few f3,4's.. F1,3 and f2,1 will also condition players to block low. Back2 is quite safe on block also. Not many are gonna block it on reaction online. To say it's not viable at all is pretty silly

huh

Noob
What are you guys doing when you catch someone with f21~net, and you are close towards the corner?
The usual bnb with far hover does not work there. I got a combo moving backwards, that can be used in this situation, but the max damage I've got is 27%, not quite good enough.

Anyone got a better combo moving backwards, or a moving forwards that works 1/4 screen from the corner?

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
What do you guys are doing when you catch someone with f21~net, and you are close towards the corner?
The usual bnb with far hover does not work there. I got a combo moving backwards, that can be used in this situation, but the max damage I've got is 27%, not quite good enough.

Anyone got a better combo moving backwards, or a moving forwards that works 1/4 screen from the corner?
Tbh in the corner your meterless damage isn't fantastic but it does allow for really good setups. I've got a 27% combo but if you go back a few pages @scarsunseen has probably come up with some good ones.