What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
This is difficult to say as I am a character loyalist, but I'm dropping Cyrax as my main. He has decent combos and resets in practice mode, but using him in actual matches is a different story. Back to Sonya...
He's only good as a theory fighting character. Once you actually have to implement shit they realized he sucks lol.
Exactly. The problem as I see it, is that Cyrax only shines if the opponent doesn't have the matchup knowledge (the decreased net timer and no net after bombs after makes setting things up on the fly a struggle). I almost always have to go with Takeda for higher level players. I still get to style on noobs every now and then though:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
He's only good as a theory fighting character. Once you actually have to implement shit they realized he sucks lol.
According to you, smoke must be the worst character in the game, right? Because he doesn't have pseudo unblockables, and he has bad damage too. Smoke is considered "fine" yet cyrax is considered "bottom tier" according to you people. God, it's like you people don't even know what mid tier means, just get outta here since you're giving the cyrax community (5 people) a bad name.
I understand cyrax's neutral is garbage, but he does have a really good fast advancing mid. He has mixups mate. Use them.

Also, garbage does not equal mid tier.

JDM

Noob
Practice mode and actual matches are two different things. I was in denial, but I've seen the light.
Yeah. I might try to struggle with him a bit more after this week of ESL, but I been playing SFV lately and don't feel like relearning all his stuff. :/

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
F21xxNet, mb, rc 3, b1 (htb), nj2, b2, rc 4, f4xxanti-airgrab (hkd) - 37% meterless

My personal tactics with Cyrax: meterless damage. Use all ex specials for ground/air control. And end all bnb's with air grabs for hkd oki.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
F21xxNet, mb, rc 3, b1 (htb), nj2, b2, rc 4, f4xxanti-airgrab (hkd) - 37% meterless

My personal tactics with Cyrax: meterless damage. Use all ex specials for ground/air control. And end all bnb's with air grabs for hkd oki.
I use at the end of a combo: b2, close bomb and just do nothing and block, the opponent thinks he has to respect whatever you do. But when the bomb finally explodes, the opponent goes offensive, i just use f4 right when he goes offensive. It catches them off-guard every time lol.

Levaranoia

War God
According to you, smoke must be the worst character in the game, right? Because he doesn't have pseudo unblockables, and he has bad damage too. Smoke is considered "fine" yet cyrax is considered "bottom tier" according to you people. God, it's like you people don't even know what mid tier means, just get outta here since you're giving the cyrax community (5 people) a bad name.
I understand cyrax's neutral is garbage, but he does have a really good fast advancing mid. He has mixups mate. Use them.

Also, garbage does not equal mid tier.
First of all I've been playing fighting games before you were even a sperm in your dad's nut sack. So you can shut your trap on trying to tell me what mid tier means or doesn't mean. Why would I comment on smoke? I don't know anything about that character. Since when did I say that a character needs pseudo unblockables to be good? There are lots of good characters in the game who don't have that stuff. You'll eventually come to the realization that the character isn't as great as you believe he is.

Reactions: JDM

Harlequin969

Always press buttons

What is mb?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

with the reduced hit advantage of standing 3 would of thought the bomb/b1 htb from ground net was no longer possible?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
3 and D3 still work.
hmmm...

but both are +12 and b1 18 frames? that shouldnt get a guaranteed b1 at all?
i was suprized to see the +17 21 can cause a b1 that hit still hit opponent grounded if they try jump (pretty tight though) so i dunno how its going to work with normals with less hit advantage

frame data why have you forsaken me :(

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
yo dawg i heard you like hard to blockables so i did some hard to blockables after my hard to blockables
combo into low bomb b2 ender if it hits , 4, RC 21, f13 far low bomb, RC b2 rinse and repeat dawg.... or
4, RC f1, f13 far low bomb, slight step forward ji1 close hover bomb, d2, mid hover, walk back, 3 close hover , NJP, close ground bomb, walk back b2 into set ups
4, RC f1, f13 far bomb , step forward ji1 b1, f1, f13 far bomb
lots of sneaky shit can be done from a close f13
prob should of mentioned these are all tech roll set ups but you get the idea