What's new

Discussion MKXL Character Learning Curve Rating System

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
LMAO @ False God Confirmed(btw real original name change HA)
from God Confirm, to False God Confirmed? ... okay...

lol another idiot tooting a shitty site who trashes everyone here, the fact that you're using that as a source of an argument is rather pathetic. You're probably the dumbass creep who runs it hiding under a different name.
1.) it doesnt trash everyone here

2.) only thing I "tooted" was the poll and the poll alone, that got a bunch of votes from people who DONT run the site, that you came first in

3.) I started fighting games in 2015 and joined this site at the end of the year. That site has posts on it from 2008. Bit of a reach to say that I'm the guy who made it.

4.) heres what I said about the site itself in literally my last post

"i think ridiculous is right, honestly imo that site is pretty lame its got good people listed up there like Juggs and THTB the people making it do seem pretty salty, I also think its pretty lame to hunt and post personal info of people up like that"

This was literally all out there well before you made this post. But once again, you've outdone yourself, and managed to deliberately ignore all of that, and still make another completely moronic post, where you go on a narrative based on speculation that you should easily have the capability to deduce as inaccurate on your own. But doing that would hurt your argument, right. The fact that you post and argue like this are why you are up there to begin with and why a bunch of people NOT running that site voted for you.

Also, that's like the third time you've messed up the tag. Life ain't this hard bro

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm on my phone. Probably just looks bigger than it is. Still a wall though lol
Oh lol yeah I hear ya then haha. Everything looks HUGE on a phone then you read it on your desktop or laptop and it seems so much smaller:D

Sektor not having that setups means jack and shit. Sektor is not a setup heavy character so he doesn't need that to play his game. I fail to see how a setup that if you lab it for about 5 minutes is absurdly easy to escape makes Cyrax and easier to win with. He is 100% based upon making the correct read and literally nothing is guaranteed. Your opponent is basically making the decision on whether or not your setups work (whether they know it or now) And the 64% setup you show us here in the video is not only escapable but it also just isn't good. In theory yea it'll hit em and boom you get tons of damage and everyone's happy yay. But in reality you try that shit against someone who has played the Cyrax matchup they will get out of it every time. I'm pretty much done with this conversation about Cyrax and Sektor because it's clear you aren't getting this shit through your head.
Or you're not getting my point.....

Not sure what you hope to accomplish with that update question, if it was to gain support from TYM's Sektor player you failed as even Cossner told you he's NOT top 5 lol...like I said, he's not that OP, not THAT good. He's not bad but he's not a top tier, too many flaws that Sektor sadly has that prevents him from such. But hey you wanna believe Sektor is the shit cause Sonic says so be my guest. And no it does mean jack shit, set ups are essentially free damage/pressure traps in the game, Sektor doesn't have that you have to actually either fight up close or zone which requires greater skill than a few easy reset set ups with nets, bombs etc. If anything the damage balances things out but we all know how that went in MK 9 lol...while I personally enjoyed playing Cyrax in that game, he was super broken. Nuff said, while Sektor was good overall. Similar gig in this game except Cyrax doesn't have broken damage, braindead resets and Sektor's moves are noticably faster but again unlike his triborg counterparts, Sektor is also the one borg who doesn't have a valid stun move...ie freeze ball, spear or net. IF he did I'd agree with you but he doesn't so...

I never said 5 mins I said few hours....if you read my prior post. Point being it would not take me weeks or something like you're making it out to be. Again I never said guaranteed I said he has unblockable/tough to escape set ups, nothing is ever guaranteed from assuming who'll win a tourney to crossing the street and hopefully not getting hit by a crazy driver...point is though, Cyrax has MORE tools at his disposal than Sektor, Sektor has less damage, no easy resets, he whiffs certain moves, doesn't have the best up close game. He can hold his own but it's nothing to write home about. At any rate, I'm sure there are better and more vids regarding what Cyrax can do my point was he can do CRAZY easy damage on just a few set ups and 1 bar, something Sektor can NOT do. If you can find me a video of Sektor doing 70%+damage on one bar anywhere/mid, post it please. At any rate, I think it's just best to agree to disagree. You've made your points, I've made mine. Neither of us are changing, end of story.

God Confirm

forgetting for a second that he thinks Cyrax is a stronger character than Sektor, why is MKF30 arguing "difficulty to win with" at all anyway? how is that any different to how strong a character is in the game, which is what he's clearly debating everyone about, when the thread is unmistakably not about that at all and is only about difficulty in execution?

he just sees something positive said about sektor and comes in foaming at the mouth with downplay dribbling down his chin lmfao

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
im on PC in 4k resolution. And its a fuckin wall
You are a funny dude. I like it.

Oh lol yeah I hear ya then haha. Everything looks HUGE on a phone then you read it on your desktop or laptop and it seems so much smaller:D

Not sure what you hope to accomplish with that update question, if it was to gain support from TYM's Sektor player you failed as even Cossner told you he's NOT top 5 lol...like I said, he's not that OP, not THAT good. He's not bad but he's not a top tier, too many flaws that Sektor sadly has that prevents him from such. But hey you wanna believe Sektor is the shit cause Sonic says so be my guest. And no it does mean jack shit, set ups are essentially free damage/pressure traps in the game, Sektor doesn't have that you have to actually either fight up close or zone which requires greater skill than a few easy reset set ups with nets, bombs etc. If anything the damage balances things out but we all know how that went in MK 9 lol...while I personally enjoyed playing Cyrax in that game, he was super broken. Nuff said, while Sektor was good overall. Similar gig in this game except Cyrax doesn't have broken damage, braindead resets and Sektor's moves are noticably faster but again unlike his triborg counterparts, Sektor is also the one borg who doesn't have a valid stun move...ie freeze ball, spear or net. IF he did I'd agree with you but he doesn't so...

I never said 5 mins I said few hours....if you read my prior post. Point being it would not take me weeks or something like you're making it out to be. Again I never said guaranteed I said he has unblockable/tough to escape set ups, nothing is ever guaranteed from assuming who'll win a tourney to crossing the street and hopefully not getting hit by a crazy driver...point is though, Cyrax has MORE tools at his disposal than Sektor, Sektor has less damage, no easy resets, he whiffs certain moves, doesn't have the best up close game. He can hold his own but it's nothing to write home about. At any rate, I'm sure there are better and more vids regarding what Cyrax can do my point was he can do CRAZY easy damage on just a few set ups and 1 bar, something Sektor can NOT do. If you can find me a video of Sektor doing 70%+damage on one bar anywhere/mid, post it please. At any rate, I think it's just best to agree to disagree. You've made your points, I've made mine. Neither of us are changing, end of story.
I feel like... ya ever seen that episode of South park where they try to explain the fishsticks joke to Kanye? That's what this is like.

MKF30

You are a funny dude. I like it.

I feel like... ya ever seen that episode of South park where they try to explain the fishsticks joke to Kanye? That's what this is like.
I actually am quite funny and nice once you get to know me, probably not the same kind you're thinking though. At any rate, look at this way if you read the first original poster I'm pretty sure he states and welcomes all opinions welcome and to be civil. This is one reason why I hardly post on here anymore, aside from the same one person stalking me on here I run into new elitists and bandwangoners who go by their favorite pro players opinion as fact for said character while dismissing everyone else who disagrees with them. I don't believe in that philosophy, I prefer to examine something myself and form my own opinion. If you agree, great if not well nothing I can do it's your right. Cheers.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

So wait it's ok for you to name drop to help your argument but when other people do it it's because they have no real argument? You're free to your opinion (even if i think it's outrageous considering you just said Cyrax has better tools than Sektor because of 70% not guaranteed what so ever setups) but keep consistent with your morales dude. I respectfully disagree with Cossner, end of discussion. He has his points which are good but I still think Sektor is probably up there in the top 5 (which btw he said top 6-10 which is still very strong while Cyrax is touted as one of the worse characters this game has to offer and you're saying Cyrax is better?). However. WE STILL KNOW NOTHING. The patch isn't that old we've had one major and a couple of smaller online tournaments. That's it. That's not enough to make solidified tier lists. Hell even after NEC we probably won't have enough info to make solidified tier lists. So stop getting your panties in a wad. Stop name dropping people out of context and incorrectly to try and support your shitty argument. and just for the love of god stop posting stuff about how good a character is in a DIFFICULTY TO USE TIER LIST! Those two things have LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.

CrazyFingers

Also to assume that I have my opinion on Sektor is because Sonic says so shows that you don't even remotely know how I think about balance. I don't blindly follow pros. There's a difference between agreement and blindly following.

MKF30

So wait it's ok for you to name drop to help your argument but when other people do it it's because they have no real argument? You're free to your opinion (even if i think it's outrageous considering you just said Cyrax has better tools than Sektor because of 70% not guaranteed what so ever setups) but keep consistent with your morales dude. I respectfully disagree with Cossner, end of discussion. He has his points which are good but I still think Sektor is probably up there in the top 5 (which btw he said top 6-10 which is still very strong while Cyrax is touted as one of the worse characters this game has to offer and you're saying Cyrax is better?). However. WE STILL KNOW NOTHING. The patch isn't that old we've had one major and a couple of smaller online tournaments. That's it. That's not enough to make solidified tier lists. Hell even after NEC we probably won't have enough info to make solidified tier lists. So stop getting your panties in a wad. Stop name dropping people out of context and incorrectly to try and support your shitty argument. and just for the love of god stop posting stuff about how good a character is in a DIFFICULTY TO USE TIER LIST! Those two things have LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.
Wait who did I name drop? Cossner? If you're referring to him....The difference is I've disagreed with him on several occassions but I do agree with him that Sektor is NOT a top guy just because Sonic says so, you do realize even tourney guys disagree with each other often right? But at least I'll say this much, at least with Cossner it's his main guy currently, he's used him in tourneys. I haven't seen sonic use Sektor that much, in fact last few tourneys he used Alien, he's used Black, Kitana etc so....yeah. Is it cause he wins so much that you feel his view is above others or something? You however named dropped Sonic first and seem to be one of those people that go by the philosophy "because this guys says it, it's fact!" I don't agree with that elitist mentality nor worship any one player. Cause as good as he is, he's as human as you an I and has even lost some tourneys. Who cares.....

You seem to be putting words in my mouth, I never said you DON'T have an argument I said I disagree with your opinion and won't change my viewpoint. What I do have issues with are elitists, pro player riders and bandwagoners trying to lowball my opinions or thinking I'm some kind of noob....not the case. While I'm not a tourney player, I have years of experience with fighting games and MK in particular. My favorite tactic is zoning and a more defensive style not to mention my own experience in this game. It's not like I'm just picking this shit up lol.

Right well you can keep denying the fact that Cyrax can do that much damage off 1 bar than Sektor can(so I'll take that as a NO for my question regarding such) and try to come at me with moral nonsense and nothing is guaranteed, when that's not even my point. I know nothing is guaranteed but it's a lot more higher of of executing than any Sektor reset. That being my point and even if someone does it once, that's 64%+damage lost. You're just selecting what you want from the facts of the video while not accepting all of them regarding why I posted that it. lol so you can respectfully disagree with Cossner but not with me meanwhile accuse me of getting my panties in a wad, yet you named dropped a big name first? lol I would take your own advice there dude. I'm not even that upset, the only thing that remotes annoys me are when people come at me with elitist bs and lowball others or my opinion. Otherwise I don't care what you want to believe or feel free to post your opinions, like I just said. The OP welcomes various viewpoints, does he not? Am I not allowed to share mine or is that only for people you think are "cool" , certain pro players and arguments you agree with? I'm not the one with a shitty argument, I already know other known and unknown Sektor players agree with me nuff said. I don't care if you disagree, accept others opinions and move on and I used the tier list as an analogy again, you people don't understand what I'm saying do you? For the blindly following pros, well I only go by what I see, you namedropped Sonic before I did....

Kroaken

@MKF30 the point is that even if cyrax combos did 70% (I feel the need to stress that they do not. At all.) That would be entirely irrelevant to how easy they are or or are not to perform.

Does that clarify things? If you want to converse as to Sektor's position in a tier list, this is not the thread.

It does not matter how much damage sektor does in this thread. Nor does it matter whether or not he gets a setup following his bnb. All that matters is strictly how physically difficult it is to do said bnb. And how hard that bnb and other character specific tools are to apply in a match.

To which I (not some mystery pro player) believe Sektor has an easier time doing than Cyrax.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Mkf30, you're ruining this thread. and while I agree with everyone else that you're incredibly dense and attempting to argue a point that has nothing to with the topic at hand, it's on everyone else just to ignore this guy.

This guy is clearly an egg or two short, yet you guys are going back and forth with him like a rational argument is going to hold sway with him.

This is a cool thread idea, and now over half the posts are dealing with this utter nonsense. I hope a mod comes in and just deletes these posts because this shit was redundant after the first back and forth.

It's painfully obvious that Mkf30 is blinded by his own agenda and some misplaced character loyalty, bending over backwards to construe "easy to pick up and play at a basic level" as "this character is op". everyone knows that sektor is incredibly easy to play at a low level, particularly compared with cyrax, so why debate these guy for 3 pages?

Honestly, this Mkf30 dude might as well be jagged/madeofmetal or that guy who used to go by primbloodghost and plays kano. there's no debating people like them, just ignore this dude and let's get this thread back on track.

Kitana: easy to pickup and learn/medium to play at highest level.

Ninjutsu: easy/medium-hard

MKF30

@Cashual:
I think you're the one an egg or two short there kid, and really making new accounts because i've blocked your other names? So sad....I seem to recall you addressing me before in a topic for no reason.

You're obviously one of those stalkers, a troll or someone in here previously blocked which is what I will do to you now since your posts has zero contribution to this topic.

I'm not ruining anything it's my opinion, if you don't like it please block me. I'm no more dense than you are and those who have issues with me, for the record I don't give a shit what posts like this think. If the mods felt that way someone would step in, otherwise I'm as entitled as you are. Misplaced loyalty are you on drugs? lol No it's logical opinion based off my experience. You're obviously another troll hiding under a new account or something. You have nothing credible nor authority or anything worth reading so kindly get lost.

I think you should just ignore me since clearly my line of thinking is too deep for your mind to handle. Or better yet I'll ignore you, have fun trolling now.

If you want to talk about Sektor not being top 5 how about you go to that SonicFox tier list where he says the character is top 5 so that you're at least you're on topic.
Because I personally don't care for it and would most likely be wasting my time, and to be honest I don't have that much time to waste. To be honest, I think articles like that are just front paged due to slower actual news updates ie Injustice 2 news, MK changes etc

@MKF30 the point is that even if cyrax combos did 70% (I feel the need to stress that they do not. At all.) That would be entirely irrelevant to how easy they are or or are not to perform.

Does that clarify things? If you want to converse as to Sektor's position in a tier list, this is not the thread.

It does not matter how much damage sektor does in this thread. Nor does it matter whether or not he gets a setup following his bnb. All that matters is strictly how physically difficult it is to do said bnb. And how hard that bnb and other character specific tools are to apply in a match.

To which I (not some mystery pro player) believe Sektor has an easier time doing than Cyrax.
Well, trolls do typically amuse me as well. No worries, not talking about you.

That video was just to prove a small point regarding one reason why I feel Cyrax is easier to play due to higher damage(it's not exactly a combo that would take weeks and months assuming the player has a decent skill level), I'm sure there's more damaging combos and less both more/less practical. Depends on what you're discussing as to how relevant, for easier higher combo damage as apart of who's easier/harder obviously Cyrax is easier. For basics of picking up said characters maybe Sektor is easier. But since we've been through that already, I'll just respectfully disagree with you there. To me I'm thinking of combo damage, set ups, zoning, footsies, rushdown, and special moves playing a role as well as execution when I think "how hard/easy is this character to play" Maybe others are just limiting to certain aspects, I don't know what you and Crazy are thinking but that's my thought process. I try to consider everything.

I would have to disagree, if we're breaking down characters why are we limiting certain things then? The OP doesn't say anything about "don't talk damage, don't talk moves, this that etc" pretty sure he just states if you feel differently have different opinions to be nice. Ok well that is your opinion and you're entitled, I happen to disagree.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

Wait who did I name drop? Cossner? If you're referring to him....The difference is I've disagreed with him on several occassions but I do agree with him that Sektor is NOT a top guy just because Sonic says so, you do realize even tourney guys disagree with each other often right? But at least I'll say this much, at least with Cossner it's his main guy currently, he's used him in tourneys. I haven't seen sonic use Sektor that much, in fact last few tourneys he used Alien, he's used Black, Kitana etc so....yeah. Is it cause he wins so much that you feel his view is above others or something? You however named dropped Sonic first and seem to be one of those people that go by the philosophy "because this guys says it, it's fact!" I don't agree with that elitist mentality nor worship any one player. Cause as good as he is, he's as human as you an I and has even lost some tourneys. Who cares.....

You seem to be putting words in my mouth, I never said you DON'T have an argument I said I disagree with your opinion and won't change my viewpoint. What I do have issues with are elitists, pro player riders and bandwagoners trying to lowball my opinions or thinking I'm some kind of noob....not the case. While I'm not a tourney player, I have years of experience with fighting games and MK in particular. My favorite tactic is zoning and a more defensive style not to mention my own experience in this game. It's not like I'm just picking this shit up lol.

Right well you can keep denying the fact that Cyrax can do that much damage off 1 bar than Sektor can(so I'll take that as a NO for my question regarding such) and try to come at me with moral nonsense and nothing is guaranteed, when that's not even my point. I know nothing is guaranteed but it's a lot more higher of of executing than any Sektor reset. That being my point and even if someone does it once, that's 64%+damage lost. You're just selecting what you want from the facts of the video while not accepting all of them regarding why I posted that it. lol so you can respectfully disagree with Cossner but not with me meanwhile accuse me of getting my panties in a wad, yet you named dropped a big name first? lol I would take your own advice there dude. I'm not even that upset, the only thing that remotes annoys me are when people come at me with elitist bs and lowball others or my opinion. Otherwise I don't care what you want to believe or feel free to post your opinions, like I just said. The OP welcomes various viewpoints, does he not? Am I not allowed to share mine or is that only for people you think are "cool" , certain pro players and arguments you agree with? I'm not the one with a shitty argument, I already know other known and unknown Sektor players agree with me nuff said. I don't care if you disagree, accept others opinions and move on and I used the tier list as an analogy again, you people don't understand what I'm saying do you? For the blindly following pros, well I only go by what I see, you namedropped Sonic before I did....
Ok let me try a calmer approach. Cyrax doing that much damage with one bar is nice and all but it doesn't make the character any better than Sektor. Perfect example of this is Blood God kotak Kahn who right now is a raging pile of shit. He has the single best damage to meter consumption ratio in the entire game. However it is hard to get that damage onto your opponent. Same with Cyrax. Yes, you will get that reset sometimes, but it's hard to get your opponent to that point where they are getting hit by that stuff consistently. Meanwhile Sektor gets high 30's mid 40's for one bar minimum which is something a lot of characters wish they had. The amount of damage isn't the issue here it is the consistency of getting it. Cyrax needs to land the hit then not drop his above average execution combo and then make the read that you won't react to the knockdown in the correct way. Many people can armor out of his setups with no way of him breaking the armor. Meanwhile Sektor doesn't need any of that. He just does his fairly easy combo and gets a healthy chunk of damage from it. Next we have the idea of Cyrax having better tools than Sektor. This just isn't true. Cyrax poor defensive options (he has to hold a ton of stuff because of this) crappy setups (they do a lot of damage yea but they aren't great still) easily low profiled mids. A terrible NJP. And no really great frames (he has to use saw as a mid do you know how frustratingly bad that is?) while sektor has better projectiles, better frames, a fantastic njp, good space control with B2 and his projectiles along with the normal triborg goodness. Sektor can just play MKX better than Cyrax can. And to end this little discussion I'd just like to say, don't ever assume I'm blindly following players because they're pros. As I mentioned before I make my own opinions. For example I don't think Shinnok is number one, I think Sub zero is being slightly overrated (only slightly the character is still dumb) and that Smoke is possible top 8 but not top 5. I base things upon what *I* think. I look at other evaluations and if it doesn't make sense to me, I say so. If your argument is solid I will usually hear you out (just ask anyone else on here I'm sure they'll confirm this) anyway that's what i have to say.

CrazyFingers

And as far as the actual topic of this thread

Butcher- Medium (Possibly Hard)

Killer- Medium (Possibly Hard)

Slasher- Medium

Drunken Master- Actually impossible

Kroaken

Predator:
HQT: medium to pick up and hard to master
Hunter: easy to pick up and hard to master

Shinnok:
Imposter: medium to pick up and very hard to master?

Kroaken

And as far as the actual topic of this thread

Butcher- Medium (Possibly Hard)

Killer- Medium (Possibly Hard)

Slasher- Medium

Drunken Master- Actually impossible
I had heard slasher was up there with ninjitsu and bojitsu? Not the case?

CrazyFingers

I had heard slasher was up there with ninjitsu and bojitsu? Not the case?
His combos are brain dead sure but he is super unsafe if you play him wrong. His spacing, staggers and mixups are just harder versions of what Ninjitsu does. F2 has a huge hitbox aka easier to space while B1 while it has a big hitbox isn't nearly as easy to space out properly. Slasher's armor IS better than Ninjitsu's but by a smaller than you'd expect margin. All in all I think he's a little harder than Ninjitsu to play effectively.

MKF30

Ok let me try a calmer approach. Cyrax doing that much damage with one bar is nice and all but it doesn't make the character any better than Sektor. Perfect example of this is Blood God kotak Kahn who right now is a raging pile of shit. He has the single best damage to meter consumption ratio in the entire game. However it is hard to get that damage onto your opponent. Same with Cyrax. Yes, you will get that reset sometimes, but it's hard to get your opponent to that point where they are getting hit by that stuff consistently. Meanwhile Sektor gets high 30's mid 40's for one bar minimum which is something a lot of characters wish they had.

The amount of damage isn't the issue here it is the consistency of getting it. Cyrax needs to land the hit then not drop his above average execution combo and then make the read that you won't react to the knockdown in the correct way. Many people can armor out of his setups with no way of him breaking the armor. Meanwhile Sektor doesn't need any of that. He just does his fairly easy combo and gets a healthy chunk of damage from it. Next we have the idea of Cyrax having better tools than Sektor. This just isn't true. Cyrax poor defensive options (he has to hold a ton of stuff because of this) crappy setups (they do a lot of damage yea but they aren't great still) easily low profiled mids. A terrible NJP. And no really great frames (he has to use saw as a mid do you know how frustratingly bad that is?) while sektor has better projectiles, better frames, a fantastic njp, good space control with B2 and his projectiles along with the normal triborg goodness.

Sektor can just play MKX better than Cyrax can. And to end this little discussion I'd just like to say, don't ever assume I'm blindly following players because they're pros. As I mentioned before I make my own opinions. For example I don't think Shinnok is number one, I think Sub zero is being slightly overrated (only slightly the character is still dumb) and that Smoke is possible top 8 but not top 5. I base things upon what *I* think. I look at other evaluations and if it doesn't make sense to me, I say so. If your argument is solid I will usually hear you out (just ask anyone else on here I'm sure they'll confirm this) anyway that's what i have to say.
Ok, but to be fair it's a hell of a lot easier to win and set up with Cyrax over Blood God lol I mean come on now, KK may as well be shit compared to Cyrax namely BG. I also prefer not to get other characters involved here because we're discussing Sektor/Cyrax per-se. While I see what you're saying there are other characters in the game with not exactly the best combo damage. The not guaranteed, not getting consistent, making mistakes I get all that trust me I do but I'm just listing one of my reasons why I feel Cyrax is easier and in some ways better than Sektor because of the resets, set ups and damage. Like things Sektor can do that Cyrax lacks, Cyrax has things that Sektor lacks...True, but I'm also sure a lot of characters wish they could do 50%-70% damage on sets ups or get anywhere near that level, that's a big deal in this game since they toned down the damage output know what I mean? combos, resets etc too like Cyrax as well or have a good teleport like his.

Sektor being part of triborg like the others also has some fo the less desirable basics to blah mids too remember they all share the same basic moveset(except for a few exceptions given by variation) a few Cyrax has that Sektor doesn't, Sektor and Smoke that Cyrax doesn't etc The thing with sektor regarding combos while his basic ones and even more damaging may be relatively easy they're not super easy, example I've seen ketchup at times drop the 212,bb combo as have I you have to realize the tricky thing about that combo is you have to buffer it really fast and timed perfectly otherwise he does it too late and they can block the port and punish or it doesn't come out at all...just saying, like you said to me earlier nothing is guaranteed that applies to everyone. While I agree and see your points with Cyrax's other flaws I don't believe he's THAT weak defensively or more so with set ups, the bombs are there in a way to shield him while pressing people to move around when he's doing the bomb set ups, mid to far screen shooting out bombs as setting up opponents while doing teleports can set up foes to even accidentally move near one of them, Sektor got too nerfed after that first fix which is why they gave him more pushback recently on blocked flames which he needed to be honest because that move everyone who plays Sektor would tell you was weaker than MK 9 Sektor flame which has safeness and good pushback on block, so he could keep up the pressure. This game honestly, his normal version is essentially almost useless. His EX is way more relevant. That and he's got moves like his port that whiff...which is really quite annoying at times I won't lie. He already gets punished on block unless you have meter and can do ex air dash.

Ok, well fair enough and I'm sorry to accuse you of being a pro player fanboy I was just getting that vibe initially because you had mentioned Sonic and I figured "oh because the new thread with him touting Sektor as top 5, so now everyone thinks Sektor is so great" I mean I'm sure you know what I mean, we've seen so many topics like that and people just riding what player X tourney guy says as oppose to just form their own viewpoint, but I respect that and you explaining yourself. I hope I didn't offend you. I didn't mean to get hostile with you or anything I just feel like you i have my own viewpoints, and to be honest this one guy posting on different names on here always follows me in topics I post in, but he'll only jump in if he sees a few people arguing or debating with me if many agree he's no where to be seen....but anyway. But that being said I see what you're saying I just feel personally between overall preferences i'm seeing from the community online, at tourneys and my own experience etc I feel Cyrax is the more logical choice to go with over Sektor in this game, not saying Sektor sucks but I definitely don't think he's nearly as good as some people making him out to be either. I agree with you regarding Shinnok, Sub etc. Sub has gone through a load of changes I dont even know what to think about him at this point. Shinnok always seems good not sure I'd say top guy but he's rather annoying lol.

God Confirm

So apparently the higher damage a combo is = the easier it is to execute?
because if that's not what you are saying then you've come in here with a narrative and it's completely off topic. And if it is what you are saying, then... I dunno, life must be a challenge for you.

also its a really bad narrative even if it was on topic

feel free to link one of these mythical 70% combos, with a reset that works on both regular AND delayed wake up

Because if not, you are only talking about 50/50 setplay. Something Sektor has plenty of.

Kroaken

Also I think Bojutsu is actually a lot harder than both Slasher and Ninjitsu. I can go into more detail if need be.
No need. Those are just things I've heard. I only know of ninjitsu from my own experience. It's the only scorpion I play. Because I had to invest so little into execution. He's fun though because that allows you to focus more on spacing and footsies.