What's new

Discussion MKXL Character Buffs & Changes General Discussion

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Correct me if im wrong but block strings have been nerfed. So lius f213 fbrc string will now do less then 11% chip because chip on normals was nerfed and the meter burn fk leaves you at 0 advantage and it doesn't build meter. Seems to me df got the nerf bat bad.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Seriously Tremor has no friends.

He gets turned down by Kitana, his idol Johnny Cage makes fun of him and his boss Kano tried killing him.

Then they took away his mids and now they took away his only answer to address that question. They also took away something that a lot of players don't do until the end of a round. The even hurt his universal best tool.

Tremor gets no love. Tremor, I'm sorry for what they did to you, hopefully you get the justice you deserve in another patch.

Rest up sweet prince.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
Ermac broke? Lol. He has some dirt now, but definitely not broken
safe overhead
better pressure
better space control
still has vortex
and the damage
he's broke lol jk not broke but he's disgusting might go back to him again
Ermac broke? Lol. He has some dirt now, but definitely not broken
safe overhead
better pressure
better space control
still has vortex
and the damage
he's broke lol jk
In reference to "cyber" I'm referring to a change to his projectile in some positive way (dmg, frames, new properties, something...?!?) and maybe less dmg scaling off of his mb string launchers. He's far from broke, even with these buffs, he's just a well rounded character but doesn't have anything that makes him OP, even with these new buffs.
cyber's not broke but i wouldn't say he needs anything especially with the buff to his pressure. he's fine. i use him for fun and other than a b1 buff i didn't want anything. definitely not top tier though. when i said broke i meant commando
U forgot to say that they took Tremor out of the game
imma edit it in. that man got destroyed. sooooo far below abysmal. i already accepted it a while ago. basically dug up graves for tanya and tremorr

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Do folks even realize that there are OTHER strings you can link into a command grab? FFS just explore a bit and you'll realize you can still do the same BS as before.
I'll see on March 1st. Let's hope so. Dem cmd grabs pressure was sexy without using meter.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'll see on March 1st. Let's hope so. Dem cmd grabs pressure was sexy without using meter.
It happens to me all the time in beta. Instead of b1 cmd grab, you can d4 into cmd grab.

Here's another, d1 / s1 cmd grab.

Folks only use what they see others do instead of finding their own options.

Same goes for erron. He can still cmd grab using alternate strings. NRS just got rid of the most obvious ones.

Nereus

Noob
Do u play him I play all 3 and yes they did over nerf him. The 13 percent is where he got his damage from
Let me explain as to why IMO the 13% nerf was justified:

Let's say you're fighting someone and you land a combo. You end a combo that does like... 30+ percent. After the combo, you do a guaranteed EX Ground Pulse. In the opponent's mind, they're going to want to break after every time you hit them due to them being worried about the guaranteed 13%. And that's the thing: You never have to worry about using meter for your routes, only for your opponent to break it, when you spend the meter at the end of the combo. He has routes that are like 35% and when you add the 13% that's almost half health for a bar. Now, the damage that he gets off of EX Ground Pulse in this latest patch may just be a 3-4% reduction or more.. but it still doesn't change the fact that the move is still really good, not to mention that it's simple to land.

Due to this, they probably figured he was doing too much with this move. IIRC, Scorpion's EX Hellfire does around 9% (someone correct me if im wrong) so EX Ground Pulse might do the same amount of damage which, honestly isn't that bad.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
B1 grab is hard to do anyways. I hardly get it to work. So I usually do 3,3 grab once I knock them down.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
safe overhead
better pressure
better space control
still has vortex
and the damage
he's broke lol jk not broke but he's disgusting might go back to him again

safe overhead
better pressure
better space control
still has vortex
and the damage
he's broke lol jk

cyber's not broke but i wouldn't say he needs anything especially with the buff to his pressure. he's fine. i use him for fun and other than a b1 buff i didn't want anything. definitely not top tier though. when i said broke i meant commando

imma edit it in. that man got destroyed. sooooo far below abysmal. i already accepted it a while ago. basically dug up graves for tanya and tremorr
I didn't think they would do all that. They could have done one or the other but damn. He was good but not broke

CAM THE SAGE

Let me explain as to why IMO the 13% nerf was justified:

Let's say you're fighting someone and you land a combo. You end a combo that does like... 30+ percent. After the combo, you do a guaranteed EX Ground Pulse. In the opponent's mind, they're going to want to break after every time you hit them due to them being worried about the guaranteed 13%. And that's the thing: You never have to worry about using meter for your routes, only for your opponent to break it, when you spend the meter at the end of the combo. He has routes that are like 35% and when you add the 13% that's almost half health for a bar. Now, the damage that he gets off of EX Ground Pulse in this latest patch may just be a 3-4% reduction or more.. but it still doesn't change the fact that the move is still really good, not to mention that it's simple to land.

Due to this, they probably figured he was doing too much with this move. IIRC, Scorpion's EX Hellfire does around 9% (someone correct me if im wrong) so EX Ground Pulse might do the same amount of damage which, honestly isn't that bad.
The way u get 35 is with the overhead rock setup but that's nerf ed he only has 1 safe string that matters and it's a high

CAM THE SAGE

The way u get 35 is with the overhead rock setup but that's nerf ed he only has 1 safe string that matters and it's a high
I'm going to play him anyways we'll see but I think it's to much. If they would have done just the ground pulse I would have been okay with it

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Some of you guys are overreacting, the patch notes wasn't even that detailed at all, wait for the patch notes, and if your character really didn't got nothing then you're allowed to go apeshit if you feel like it.

I for once, will stay away of character changes until I see the patch notes for more detail, right now I'm really excited about the general changes Mk XL will bring to us.

The fact that normals do less chip and build way less meter it's already a win, this in combination with new breaker mechanic, will pay back to who preserves his meter mostly for other uses, so thank god, and Paulo there are no longer huge meter builds, random breaks and people building up meter like water.

This also means, dumb characters that could continuously apply pressure and get refills won't be doing that for a while, which gives you more room to breath and turns the game less on a one sided game.

Either you preserve your meter for better use, or break but play carefully to not get caught onto something.

Jump attacks are MORE negative on whiff, this makes trip guards far more evident than they already are, air games are far more a risk and now ppl that likes to avoid attacks and punish won't be taken lightly.
NjP and NjK are all very punishable on they way up, makes perfect sense, it's a panic button so you reading that SHOULD reward you with a clean punishment.

There is a punish indicator in game, if you hit someone on their recovery frames the hit spark flashes red instead of the usually white, this will help to identify what can be punished by what in a single glare, and we will see a who among us has a very clean game, or if is just a masher.

Is the game still a 50-50 fest? I'm not sure, we will have to play to find out.

Otg now scales damage, this one I didn't got that right, but I'm assuming it has to do with characters that can continuously hit you with 50-50s in the corner as sonya, so her hitting you in the corner with her bullshit will scale more damage, not sure, but that is the only sense I can come up with now.

Hitbox on characters have been expanded, hopefully this means no longer hat trick will have to struggle to apply pressure to anyone I the cast that is not kotal Kahn.

I'm just salty because it seems the gravity issue of hcb having different heights making it inconsistent has a possibility of still be in the game, which is surely unacceptable, but also touched cause I can now combo and use away trap at will because a right read will give me an extendable combo. That you Paulo, game looks amazing and this week is to me just like the final week of 2015 when MKX was no the final countdown to launch, is taking forever.

And the tip of the cake, online will be better, Mk has finally sparked my interest to pay for online, and will do exactly that so I can finally play my fellow tym brethren, hopefully get to play some pros and devs as well.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I'm just sitting here watching people say their mains are dead, when really, the characters are fine.

I have a secondary as crystalline tremor, but just because his ex shatter doesn't give you braindead pressure on wakeup doesn't mean you don't have wakeup expunch cancel.And liu kang is still top 3 btw.Not his other variations, RIP Dualist 2016 Never allowed to live.Hopefully dualist players figure out stuff to make him survive.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'm just sitting here watching people say their mains are dead, when really, the characters are fine.

I have a secondary as crystalline tremor, but just because his ex shatter doesn't give you braindead pressure on wakeup doesn't mean you don't have wakeup expunch cancel.And liu kang is still top 3 btw.Not his other variations, RIP Dualist 2016 Never allowed to live.Hopefully dualist players figure out stuff to make him survive.
It's because they want the character to do all the work instead of them playing skillfully.

Liu is still OP in FF and DF. I cannot stand that character. Once his offense gets going, good luck stopping it.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
It's because they want the character to do all the work instead of them playing skillfully.

LIU IS STILL OP IN FF and DF. I cannot stand that character. Once his offense gets going, good luck stopping it.
Now that, my dear friends, is the pure essence of salt.So much of it that variation that isn't even considered top tier is called OP.