What's new

Discussion MKXL Character Buffs & Changes General Discussion

REO

Undead
For anyone who missed out on the stream earlier, here are changes to the general system mechanics and many characters that were displayed:

General System Changes:

Jason Buffs and Changes:

Kenshi Buffs and Changes:

Character Nerfs, Buffs, and Changes Part 1

Character Nerfs, Buffs, and Changes Part 2

What do you guys think about all the character changes? I personally liked just about every change and can't wait for MKXL to hit so we can see how the game and the balance plays out. Discuss.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Fisticuffs buffs are cool (still hope they come with a surprise in frames for speedbag also...).
They didn't mention it, but I wonder if they fixed speedbag whiffing issues too...

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I like most of this but it's kinda disappointing about unbreakable. That's nice but idk they gave way more stuff to cutthroat who was already way better than unbreakable but whatever.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
But real talk looks like this MKXL pack and patch really buffed this games defence and Neutral focus... So we are hopefully going to see more variant ways of winning than just block pressuring your opponent to death.

Both Kang and Cage dodged the bullet it seems.
We'll see

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
mileena got away pretty good if the sai changes from beta stayed and they just made b12 -1
be interested to check out b1 and b12 on whiff come the patch

how hard tremor got hit is hard to say fully atm, with not knowing how ex dd4 will scale and how the uprock changes effect his oki setups

omooba

fear the moobs
jason's broke, pred still slightly broke, sonya stillbroke,cassie still broke, quan still broke, ermac broke, reptile broke, kano soooooooooo broke, jacqui? well she's my new main
liu is dead (not really but damn)
cage is THE NUMBER ONE DODGER basically flew threw a room of 'summoner/vanila hunter' level traps unscathed. soooo much props to cage mains everywhere
shinnok meh, erron meh, kitana meh, d'vorah slightly above meh, mileena slightly below meh
tanya i am crying for. i mean i wanted her dead but damn they held nothing back. usually there's a corpse but nope. this is what kabal would look like if nrs ever patched mk9
unbreakable still ass. ninjutsu ....meh, inferno broke,
jason got nooooooo type of love. sorry bro. and i think cage still option selects his wake ups.(again props to cage mains, @Dja_Homies respect)
raiden got trolled cus we all know they didn't fix the b1,1 hitbox. it's never gonna be fixed
kenshi's parry is stupid because he didn't need this, kotal needed this and watch kenshi still be ass. yeah he seems aight but we all know they didn't fix 80% of what we wated but eh
jax i feel bad for but eh i got jacqui as my new profile pic
again cage mains i can't overexaggerate my respect
oh and umm tremor ssssssssss my condolensces @General M2Dave

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
jason's broke, pred still slightly broke, sonya stillbroke,cassie still broke, quan still broke, ermac broke, reptile broke, kano soooooooooo broke, jacqui? well she's my new main
liu is dead (not really but damn)
cage is THE NUMBER ONE DODGER basically flew threw a room of 'summoner/vanila hunter' level traps unscathed. soooo much props to cage mains everywhere
shinnok meh, erron meh, kitana meh, d'vorah slightly above meh, mileena slightly below meh
tanya i am crying for. i mean i wanted her dead but damn they held nothing back. usually there's a corpse but nope. this is what kabal would look like if nrs ever patched mk9
unbreakable still ass. ninjutsu ....meh, inferno broke,
jason got nooooooo type of love. sorry bro. and i think cage still option selects his wake ups.(again props to cage mains, @Dja_Homies respect) I
raiden got trolled cus we all know they didn't fix the b1,1 hitbox. it's never gonna be fixed
kenshi's parry is stupid because he didn't need this, kotal needed this and watch kenshi still be ass. yeah he seems aight but we all know they didn't fix 80% of what we wated but eh
jax i feel bad for but eh i got jacqui as my new profile pic
again cage mains i can't overexaggerate my respect
oh and umm tremor ssssssssss my condolensces @General M2Dave
Yeah that mu will still be pretty bad for Jason only difference is less d4ingd4ing since cages d4 still seems to have the same low profiling properties ATM.

omooba

fear the moobs
And I honestly wouldn't mind a list nerfs
nooooo wtf y'all have been doing so well come on man no nerfs
if they take out his jailing dragon's fire will be destroyed. come on man liu's just trying to stay afloat beside you. not like this

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
do command grabs still work on hit? or is it only ex
You have to EX now. BS! I have to commit a bar of meter just to tick throw if they blocking. according to the Kano footage, you have to EX just to connect the combo ender into grab. That really suck, cause I play Commando and tend to use meter for quick parties. Now I have to do it just to tick throw! That garbage son. Tick grabs are different for everyone. Kotal and Erron tick throw are different also.

Where's this "Tanya's dead" coming from? But it's an overreaction of course. We still remember that she still has EX drill and EX flip, which both have armor, right? So if you think about it, if you're pressuring her, you now have to be aware of the fact that she can hit you with an overhead or a low if she has meter. EX Tonfa change just changes the property of how you should use the move, it doesn't destroy her. Now you're gonna have to use it to make unsafe strings safe, and if the opponent tries to like poke or punish, block and punish accordingly. All this really does is change the way players do things, now she has to make actual reads instead of just yolo EX rekka. If I'm to note, they didn't change the third EX rekka on block, so even if they block and you use it, its still safe. 1 frame off of B1 isn't really that bad either, they could've put on like 4 or 5, they could've made it a high, mid, or they could've made B12+4 like -10 on block, but they didn't. Tanya's most likely not Top 5 anymore, but she's still gonna be top tier. Lol this is gonna get flamed so hard but oh well, that's just my opinion.