What's new

Discussion MKXL Character Buffs & Changes General Discussion

E

Eldriken

Y'know, if all the characters received the Jason treatment, this patch may have been a bit better. Not saying that every character should have only received a ton of buffs and no nerfs or anything. But I think every character should have had at least close to if not the same amount of changes that Jason received. All three of his variations got touched and he's likely an overall better character in every regard now.

Then you have other characters and they were essentially like "We have nothing to show you, so we'll just give you a few notes instead." Then the "notes" are "f4 is more advantageous on block now. Moving on..." *five characters later who received the same treatment*

I'm not a developer, designer, etc, so what I have to say is probably irrelevant to 99% of the people who read it. But I just want to know how they determine what does/doesn't need to be changed and who does/doesn't get many, if any of said changes. Seeing your character(s) get one piddly ass change (f4 being more plus) when they needed SO much more is kinda disappointing.

But maybe they were blowing smoke up our asses and there are a lot more changes to each character than they let on and they're gonna let us be surprised when the notes get released. Here's hoping, y'know? But I doubt that's the case at all.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Y'know, if all the characters received the Jason treatment, this patch may have been a bit better. Not saying that every character should have only received a ton of buffs and no nerfs or anything. But I think every character should have had at least close to if not the same amount of changes that Jason received. All three of his variations got touched and he's likely an overall better character in every regard now.

Then you have other characters and they were essentially like "We have nothing to show you, so we'll just give you a few notes instead." Then the "notes" are "f4 is more advantageous on block now. Moving on..." *five characters later who received the same treatment*

I'm not a developer, designer, etc, so what I have to say is probably irrelevant to 99% of the people who read it. But I just want to know how they determine what does/doesn't need to be changed and who does/doesn't get many, if any of said changes. Seeing your character(s) get one piddly ass change (f4 being more plus) when they needed SO much more is kinda disappointing.

But maybe they were blowing smoke up our asses and there are a lot more changes to each character than they let on and they're gonna let us be surprised when the notes get released. Here's hoping, y'know? But I doubt that's the case at all.
Agree, Jason got the kind and amount of changes all the low tiers should also have got, and haven't.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to pocket KL from now on although I have a feeling the Cyborgs are going to cover the whole cast for me, I'll try all 4 of them :)

Somea2V

Thread Referee
FUCK THIS GAME, I DONT WANT TO BYE XBOX ONE ANYMORE, RIP XBOX ONE FOR ME, RIP MKX FOR ME UNTILL THE NEXT PATCH COMES OUT OR WAIT I STILL HAS JOHNNY AND JAX, BUT I STILL HOPE ITS NOT THE LAST PATCH, IF ITS THE LAST PATCH ITS FUCKING STUPID LAME AND MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE WHEN RAIDEN THE GOD OF THUNDER LOSING TO ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS FUCKING GAME, HE IS FREAKING GOD MAN, EVEN WITHOUTH GODS POWERS HE SHOULD BEAT EVERYONE EXCEPT SUB AND KENSHI FOR BALANCE. ATLEAST BUFF RAIDEN PROPERLY FOR GODS SAKE, NRS...
Buy

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I'm a very honest person lol :p
trust me i feel you man .. FF not as bad as DF but flame fists activated > windmill punch is retarded .. both on hit and block... feels like satan is drinking my life away

so all this time I though the "soap bar in my mouth" was like something like "bullshit" or "fucking" but it turns out it's been "R E T A R D E D" ??? lmao .. really ?

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I cant believe the got rid of 2 F2s in a combo for FT as their way of controlling the damage Ruthless got. Fucking braindead change. The fact that Lackey D1 was the ONLY move that would work after two F2s was the most unique aspect to their combo system to me. Was being able to change the side they end up on that OP NRS? They get rid of that in favor of keeping EX overhead and low tosses in Ruthless? Fuck you NRS, got rid of my favorite part of the character in favor of 50-50 launchers. Nice. I dont care about the other changes at all, less plus on overhead toss and being able to backdash it dont mean shit to me those are fair, all I want is to constantly switch sides with Lackey so I could choose exactly where to end my combo for screen control but not anymore. They could have made overhead toss mid and I wouldnt give a single fuck just let me F2 twice.

Also Lol at Paulo saying Lackey D1 used to be plus 2 on block so now its getting nerfed too. Do these fucking retards know nothing about their own game? Im moving on to SFV

Do u play him I play all 3 and yes they did over nerf him. The 13 percent is where he got his damage from
You must really want your 2 bar 50% EX low Crystal bnbs huh. Btw Meterless tremor's damage output is better than a lot of the cast.

We don't know how much scaling this is going to do yet, and it's not just tremor who's affected by this. It's Goro and Jax too.