What's new

Discussion MKXL Character Buffs & Changes General Discussion

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
No ancestral changes?
Noxious didn't get changed - didn't mention puddle fix.
Master of Storms got longer lasting orbs... so it's still irrelevant.
Mystic is still irrelevant.
Kung Lao got light balance changes.
Lui Kang is still Lui Kang.
Unbreakable is still nothing compared to cryo/GM
QUAN BUFFS
No shown new brutalities

This stream was just alot of disappointment. The only changes that I felt were well done was Jax's and Tanya's. We waited 5-6 months for this?.... why?

Hope it plays better than it sounds.

Top tiers got nerfed, meanwhile, the only changes Kung Jin got were a buff to his big leg and strings becoming more plus.

Alright Jin mains, we back in the top 10.
#S H A O L I N B O Y Z

:DOGE
Could have misheard but 90% sure he said less plus.

i find jip after teleport very questionable, free 50/50 combo starter whenever you want... except it would be easier to anti-air which i dont know. and quan got out way too good again... other than that changes seem reasonable.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Could have misheard but 90% sure he said less plus.

Oh crap, Paulo did say a couple of strings that were +2 are now +1/neutral (u1, spin kick, j1 and j2 are the only moves +2 on block, IIRC), but he did also say that he fixed some of Jin's whiffing issues.

Last edited:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Oh crap, Paulo did say a couple of strings that were +2 are now +1/neutral, but he did also say that he fixed some of Jin's whiffing issues.
Still his stagger pressure taking a hit is uncalled for atleast in Ancestrals case.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Seriously Tremor has no friends.

He gets turned down by Kitana, his idol Johnny Cage makes fun of him and his boss Kano tried killing him.

Then they took away his mids and now they took away his only answer to address that question. They also took away something that a lot of players don't do until the end of a round. The even hurt his universal best tool.

Tremor gets no love. Tremor, I'm sorry for what they did to you, hopefully you get the justice you deserve in another patch.

Rest up sweet prince.
Sooo we're just ignoring the other buffs Tremor got the first time he had patch changes? In any case you're saying it like Tremor just lost his job, even though he's probably still a really good character.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Df got nerfed ff got the meter build nerf.
But with the eo netcode i can finaly do the sf cancels online so i dont realy care.
The only thing that hurt ff was not building meter on wp without flame on but that aint that bad

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Why is no one talking about the fact that MB throw resets at the end of the fight will now continue combos for grounded brutalities and more brutal combo possibilities.

That shit cray. Can't wait to see the possibilities.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Cause it doesn't effect the gameplay its just for swag. Dont get me wrong i love swag shit but that is all it is

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Sooo we're just ignoring the other buffs Tremor got the first time he had patch changes? In any case you're saying it like Tremor just lost his job, even though he's probably still a really good character.
He might be, we'll find out.

Any small buffs Tremor had since after he was released seem sorta invalid atm, I mean they did take his mids, causing him to get low-profiled.

Crystalline addressed that weakness with the ex low shatter. Now that it's gone, I dunno what to think. The -10 was overkill considering Quan and Lao still technically are dumb

N00B

Noob
FUCK THIS GAME, I DONT WANT TO BYE XBOX ONE ANYMORE, RIP XBOX ONE FOR ME, RIP MKX FOR ME UNTILL THE NEXT PATCH COMES OUT OR WAIT I STILL HAS JOHNNY AND JAX, BUT I STILL HOPE ITS NOT THE LAST PATCH, IF ITS THE LAST PATCH ITS FUCKING STUPID LAME AND MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE WHEN RAIDEN THE GOD OF THUNDER LOSING TO ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS FUCKING GAME, HE IS FREAKING GOD MAN, EVEN WITHOUTH GODS POWERS HE SHOULD BEAT EVERYONE EXCEPT SUB AND KENSHI FOR BALANCE. ATLEAST BUFF RAIDEN PROPERLY FOR GODS SAKE, NRS...

Last edited:

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
FUCK THIS GAME, I DONT WANT TO BYE XBOX ONE ANYMORE, RIP XBOX ONE FOR ME, RIP MKX FOR ME UNTILL THE NEXT PATCH COMES OUT OR WAIT I STILL HAS JOHNNY AND JAX, OKAY, BUT I STILL HOPE ITS NOT THE LAST PATCH, IF ITS THE LAST PATCH ITS FUCKING STUPID LAME AND MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE WHEN RAIDEN THE GOD OF THUNDER LOSING TO ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS FUCKING GAME, HE IS FREAKING GOD MAN, EVEN WITHOUTH GODS POWERS HE SHOULD BEAT EVERYONE EXCEPT SUB AND KENSHI FOR BALANCE. ATLEAST BUFF RAIDEN PROPERLY FOR GODS SAKE, NRS...
Didn't you complain the last time and say you were done, yet you're still here?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I also don't get why they nerfed NJPs but left jump punches untouched.... which isn't a bad thing, some NJPs are just pure fucking cheese, but jump punches are still the ultimate cheese. Most autopilot moves in the game, DOORH on block I'm +15 and on hit I get a full combo. You don't even have to convert like with anti airs.. nope, you just practice that same combo you watched off of a combo montage hardcorez video.
I don't think people would've been happy if Kotal's B1 was +15 on block, so why are people okay with this shit?

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
He might be, we'll find out.

Any small buffs Tremor had since after he was released seem sorta invalid atm, I mean they did take his mids, causing him to get low-profiled.

Crystalline addressed that weakness with the ex low shatter. Now that it's gone, I dunno what to think. The -10 was overkill considering Quan and Lao still technically are dumb
I agree those were his strengths they took away. He was good but not op but he got Raiden treatment