What's new

Discussion MKXL Character Buffs & Changes General Discussion

Somea2V

Thread Referee
And I honestly wouldn't mind a list nerfs such as getting rid of his jails and turning to +6. A 7 frame poke is so good. If he had a 7f s1 he'd be super dumb.
As long as he still had positive pressure to work with, it wouldn't really be an issue aside from reducing his chip damage.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Good changes but I expected some buffs for Ancestral, High Tech. Too bad they didn't get something.

Also, fisticuff buffs are very bad he is basically the same as in Beta. Not viable

Gofer_MK_

Banned
You have to EX now. BS! I have to commit a bar of meter just to tick throw if they blocking. according to the Kano footage, you have to EX just to connect the combo ender into grab. That really suck, cause I play Commando and tend to use meter for quick parties. Now I have to do it just to tick throw! That garbage son. Tick grabs are different for everyone. Kotal and Erron tick throw are different also.
Isnt it like on block you tick like you used to but on hit you have to EX Cmd?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Good changes but I expected some buffs for Ancestral, High Tech. Too bad they didn't get something.

Also, fisticuff buffs are very bad he is basically the same as in Beta. Not viable
I'm happy they didn't ignore FC completely, as I expected. But yeah, he needed a lot more to be viable. No ex fistbump, no (at least not mentioned) frame changes for speedbag...

Let's see what happens in monday. The whiffing issues of speedbag NEED to be solved. If not, that damage buff he is getting on it will be quite pointless.

Last edited:
You have to EX now. BS! I have to commit a bar of meter just to tick throw if they blocking. according to the Kano footage, you have to EX just to connect the combo ender into grab. That really suck, cause I play Commando and tend to use meter for quick parties. Now I have to do it just to tick throw! That garbage son. Tick grabs are different for everyone. Kotal and Erron tick throw are different also.
the beta grappling system is total braindead, its just like 50/50 but worse

Noob
Didn't they say from command grabs, it will connect on hit only if you ex hit and on block it will connect normally? Did I hear it wrong? Do you have to spend a bar for it to connect on block to?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Didn't they say from command grabs, it will connect on hit only if you ex hit and on block it will connect normally? Did I hear it wrong? Do you have to spend a bar for it to connect on block to?
I'm more upset about hit confrim then I'm forced to EX my grabs. I like where its currently at if I hitting you then why I'm force to EX? I hope tick throws are still in cause B1 had its own mind game. Will I grab you or choke you? If you jump my choke will catch you, if you backdash my kanoball will hit you. Stuff like that!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I like how they nerfed Mileena's B12. Honestly I was expecting B1 to become a high or some other stuff.

Also the fact that Ronin barely got touched is music to my ears. I called it! People were too busy crying about Mileena and F/T.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I like how they nerfed Mileena's B12. Honestly I was expecting B1 to become a high or some other stuff.

Also the fact that Ronin barely got touched is music to my ears. I called it! People were too busy crying about Mileena and F/T.
Yeah she be still able to use it like she did before but hopefully can't abuse as much in touching distance.

Yep Ronins OH nerf doesn't mean shit I barely use it in neutral

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I've pretty much mained Kotal since the last couple weeks of the ESL, I just don't want to put War God or Sun God as my tag since I play both equally.

But yeah, i'm dropping Lao for Ronin. Plus frame boyz.
Yeah I picked him up just to show people how dumb he is but ended up liking him enough to pocket him he's still dumb

I play him a very weird way though lol