What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
well lets get straight to the point, 212 just became EB 21122 string... except they now got to guess command grab or overhead.

the ex command grabs / ex overhead tackle do crazy dmg ... 18%

2 is a high, the rest are mids

my game plan is just to hold up forward and do 2 xx command grab, 21 xx command grab, 212 xx command grab, 2 xx overhead, 21 xx overhead, 212 xx overhead, 33 xx overhead, 331, 1 xx command grab, 1 xx overhead, 12b4, 12 xx overhead, f33 or f3 xx overhead
But did they fix her oki and the terrible risk/reward ratio?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Lmfao why are people acting like Brawler's tick throws off of 212 are some new hot tech? Armoured grabs are fine to replace EX Flip but Spec Ops better get some love too.
Yeah if Spec Ops lacks any defense option, she atleast now become the powerhouse.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
well lets get straight to the point, 212 just became EB 21122 string... except they now got to guess command grab or overhead.

my game plan is just to hold up forward and do 2 xx command grab, 21 xx command grab, 212 xx command grab, 2 xx overhead, 21 xx overhead, 212 xx overhead, 33 xx overhead, 331, 1 xx command grab, 1 xx overhead, 12b4, 12 xx overhead, f33 or f3 xx overhead
Doesn't holding jump beat both grabs? I

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

I'm not sold. Unless some frames have changed, she still has the same millions of gaps with new if worse armor to replace armor taken way exclusive to 1 variation. The universal command grab buff doesn't change much for her imo.

Cassie as a whole is a worse character from a balance persepective imo and in that way this handling of her is a failure to me.

I guess we being seeing more Ex Flying kick wake ups huh :p
Ya the one guy who happens to be the best nrs player doing anything with her as a side character in tournament will probably do this if he still plays her as much.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
And I don't wanna hear the whole "but you can link 242 from a spaced EX glow kick!" nonsense, that shit is as laughable as the whole "teleports only have armor on wake-up" mechanic, which isn't even a mechanic I might add.
I really think the first hit of ex glow kick shouldn't launch and be more like an extender/opener now, with less corner carry, damage scaling etc

Schuyler

Noob
She was broken because she never had to take any risks. Everything was safe. Don't think she deserved everything everyone is saying though
Her flip kick was full combo punishable and so was ex in the corner. Between using meter for safe 50/50s and ex nut punch she was very meter dependent. No meter ( And she builds an average amount) and everything she does it a risk.

Arzumis

Noob
Hey it's me the last hollywood player
I have run into this issue where about a third of the time, the second hit of ex Nut punch is whiffing.
Pls send help

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Her flip kick was full combo punishable and so was ex in the corner. Between using meter for safe 50/50s and ex nut punch she was very meter dependent. No meter ( And she builds an average amount) and everything she does it a risk.
Cassie should only hitconfirm flipkick anyway. And they don't really use ex in corner unless it's AA. And even without meter she doesn't have to take much risk. She is good everywhere.

SE1Z3

Noob
Just curious, where is all this info coming from? I am in the beta on Xbox and PS4 and Cassie is not playable.. I'd love to be able to test this stuff too!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Just curious, where is all this info coming from? I am in the beta on Xbox and PS4 and Cassie is not playable.. I'd love to be able to test this stuff too!
Im literally playing the beta on ps4 right now with Cassie.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
She had others but it's irritating that both her main strings now have gaps
which strings have gaps now?

*sigh* looks like another character ill no longer be using, no decent armor moves now, AND more gaps? all we got left is nutpunch, good move but......eh :/.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Wait, armored ex command grabs?? Holy sh*t, I'm so glad I made the switch to Brawler a while ago!
So she lost an armored wakeup option, but in exchange she got two more? I'll be honest, even though those options are punishable (unlike old PowerFlip), I'm totally ok with this.

Schuyler

Noob
Cassie should only hitconfirm flipkick anyway. And they don't really use ex in corner unless it's AA. And even without meter she doesn't have to take much risk. She is good everywhere.
I dont see how you cn hit confirm from her overhead but okay. And most people use ex in the corner so you can switch sides. And shes not good from long range. shes a 50/50 character with no damage mid screen without meter she does nothing but risk.