What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
On paper i think she got hit too hard

Making flip -7 would of done the trick

they should at least reduced the scaling on Spec Ops so she hits you hard if she now has trouble with defence

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
How many other characters have armor that doesn't give them a lot like cassie does in beta.

Multiple characters can wakeup for damage to get right back in to the game.

Knock you away and then they have ranged moves.

Or if it's a knockdown they got amazing pressure.

Sure cassie's pressure is nice but it's nothing like what the others do and her thing was she had a quick and safe wakeup for below average damage. Am I wrong in thinking the loss of flip armor screws with hollywood on a fundamental level and really screws brawler and more spec ops? Like cassie's armor was a special case and it actually fit her, like goro's.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So... Did she keep her nut punch invincibility? Was her b12 range nerfed and her damage? Is her vortex still intact?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
so i just picked up brawler cassie... THIS VARIATION IS STUPID GOOD WTF
What, like the beta version of Brawler?

Because otherwise, I mean unless you invented some new tech it's "ok." As long as you try not to think about risk/reward.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@16 Bit came in like an angel and delivered the brawler saving scripture. Now I can wakeup and switch sides!

@Compbros sorry to hear about what happened to spec ops, unless 16 has a verse for that too.

@16 Bit how come properties of specials like armor or low profiling aren't in the game?

Spencer

Always Training
I already knew she was going to get nerf lol. I knew this for awhile.

I Guess NRS agreed with me.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Oh someone check brawler F22+4 (it might be F21+2) for changes please. And can someone confirm brawler can combo into DBF2?

What, like the beta version of Brawler?

Because otherwise, I mean unless you invented some new tech it's "ok." As long as you try not to think about risk/reward.
come on guys put 2 and 2 together...

brawler can now COMBO into command grab vs STANDING opponents...

she can TICK throw off of 2, 21, and 212.

she has an OVERHEAD tackle

her overhead tackle and command throw are ex-able and have ARMOR

The Highlander

There can be only one

Does that string still whiff on ducking opponents. Also none of that is new apart from the EX...

Wait. You can ex them now ? Omg yessssss. I don't see a problem.

well lets get straight to the point, 212 just became EB 21122 string... except they now got to guess command grab or overhead.

the ex command grabs / ex overhead tackle do crazy dmg ... 18%

2 is a high, the rest are mids

my game plan is just to hold up forward and do 2 xx command grab, 21 xx command grab, 212 xx command grab, 2 xx overhead, 21 xx overhead, 212 xx overhead, 33 xx overhead, 331, 1 xx command grab, 1 xx overhead, 12b4, 12 xx overhead, f33 or f3 xx overhead

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So now she has no armored launchers in any variation?

Ehhh... I dunno about that. If they really wanted to appease the fuckbois they could've just made EX flipkick universally punishable with a better hitbox as compensation..

And I don't wanna hear the whole "but you can link 242 from a spaced EX glow kick!" nonsense, that shit is as laughable as the whole "teleports only have armor on wake-up" mechanic, which isn't even a mechanic I might add.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
So now she has no armored launchers in any variation?

Ehhh... I dunno about that. If they really wanted to appease the fuckbois they could've just made EX flipkick universally punishable with a better hitbox as compensation..

And I don't wanna hear the whole "but you can link 242 from a spaced EX glow kick!" nonsense, that shit is as laughable as the whole "teleports only have armor on wake-up" mechanic, which isn't even a mechanic I might add.
Yeah or even made it 7 start up instead, she got hit the hardest, i never believed she was S+ tier but now im sure, well atleast on paper

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

Time to go to Brawler from Hollywood now.

Reactions: GQJ