What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The reward isn't worth the risk.
That's true. If you guess right, you're maybe +4 on hit. But if you guess wrong you're something like -50. You might as well guess your opponents mixup or something because you'll get a better reward for guessing right either way most of the time lol.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
What the... Wtf are these people thinking

Rip Cassandra Cage, April 2015 - February 2016. Spec Ops and Brawler did not deserve this shit.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Beta Cassie's pretty average now assuming all the changes are permanent. Props to Paulo for managing to nerf her other two average variations while simulataneously ruining her only really good one.

The reward isn't worth the risk.
Come on, Compbros, we all know the real nerf for spec-ops was netcode buff.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Why did they have to touch the character at all. She wasn't the least bit broken or OP. It looks like they basically took away her vortex. And she gets NO damage mid screen. The best shes doing mid screen is around 20% I think her being a vortex character is fair because just about every other character can do 35 and above with a bar while she does about 25 with one.
She was broken because she never had to take any risks. Everything was safe. Don't think she deserved everything everyone is saying though

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Are you fucking kidding me. The fact they hit brawler.....wow. Still going to play her, but once KP2 comes out she may become a pocket and not a main.
Man, I really love Cassie. Gameplay wise and character wise.
Flipkick is 7 frames now also
RIP

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I'm more upset about B212 string having a gap, and slower flipkick. Hurts my soul

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Guys, in all seriousness, lets just chill. We dont know whats permanent and whats not. Or how other characters will also be affected
I asked paulo about changed and he responded to me on twitter. Some stuff is behind and other things are way ahead, take that as you will.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Guys, in all seriousness, lets just chill. We dont know whats permanent and whats not. Or how other characters will also be affected
This is true. I'm sure we'll adapt if they are permanent but hopefully NRS is using this beta to beta test the changes as well, they're applying hardcore changes to see what happens then they'll reduce it for the final release. 6 frame reversal for low damage output was Cassies thing, I'm sure they know that.