What's new

Discussion MKXL Buffs And Nerfs That We Need

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
CT don't need nerfs. He is good up close but can be beat. His safe strings just makes it so he can block or backdash afterward. EX buff better be plus, since I have to waste a meter. Leave Kano alone please.

Buff Cyber knive damage and make Commando grab on strings without meter like the beta. Thats all Kano needs to make him perfect.
yeah kano is finally fun, we should leave him alone and make other characters better. and focus more on the shit variations. and shit characters like Triborg and Bo rai cho

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
CT don't need nerfs. He is good up close but can be beat. His safe strings just makes it so he can block or backdash afterward. EX buff better be plus, since I have to waste a meter. Leave Kano alone please.

Buff Cyber knive damage and make Commando grab on strings without meter like the beta. Thats all Kano needs to make him perfect.
Do you actually realise the downplay in this post? Do you? HE SHOULD NOT HAVE SAFE OR FUCKING PLUS 50/50s, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH METER IS USED. Plus 50/50s are the worst thing in mkx, and kanos safe strings are his 50/50s that he gets 30+ meterless and 40+ for a bar in the corner. Does that actually genuinely sound fair to you? At all? He doesn't need to get mauled like kobu tanya or I guess lao, but he needs a real big nerf to his 50/50s asap.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Pounce and flip should be worse on whiff too.

Best Alien nerf list I've seen.

Edit: Making max delayed rekkas -1 instead of +3 would be fair.
Thanks, yeah I tried to be as fair as possible. We would go nowhere if we just castrate the top tiers.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Do you actually realise the downplay in this post? Do you? HE SHOULD NOT HAVE SAFE OR FUCKING PLUS 50/50s, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH METER IS USED. Plus 50/50s are the worst thing in mkx, and kanos safe strings are his 50/50s that he gets 30+ meterless and 40+ for a bar in the corner. Does that actually genuinely sound fair to you? At all? He doesn't need to get mauled like kobu tanya or I guess lao, but he needs a real big nerf to his 50/50s asap.
You can't just change a characters meta, never said it was fair, but by getting rid of ex pump up being plus it's much harder for him to do a 50 50 on block and running up doing another one. Ex knives are easier to escape and he can't combo off of them if I get hit.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Jacqui

Make her f3/f4 strings easier to cancel into specials. As it stands, f3b4 is very finnicky, and trying to cancel it into a special is even worse. For a character who already suffers in the neutral, this is a small fix that would enhance her playability without actually making her more powerful.

I'd also take armor on her MB air drop, though that would just be a bonus, and not something necessary to make her viable.
Jacqui doesn't need buffs. She is viable, I main her. She needs nothing.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Lol, so many people missed the point of this thread. I wasnt going to through every fucking variation that people want buffed. If you nerf the other characters (the ones I listed) then others will become more viable, sure ancestral needs some help here and there. Also enough of the 'game fixes' nrs can't change the whole fucking meta of the game fools. Think realistically

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
I'd like an honorable mention of Inferno Scorp. I see wayyyy too much demon abuse that some have a hard time escaping, even when they know the match.

Either give more recovery frames on block for easier punish, or give a higher damage scaling for follow ups off of them.

And people wanna complain about Mileena's B12. As a Mileena main, Ican tell you it's not THAT OP. Scorpion is absolutely ridiculous sometimes with Inferno demon shenanigans at times.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
I'd like an honorable mention of Inferno Scorp. I see wayyyy too much demon abuse that some have a hard time escaping, even when they know the match.

Either give more recovery frames on block for easier punish, or give a higher damage scaling for follow ups off of them.

And people wanna complain about Mileena's B12. As a Mileena main, Ican tell you it's not THAT OP. Scorpion is absolutely ridiculous sometimes with Inferno demon shenanigans at times.
The main purpose of this thread isn't necessarily for people to just dump their nerfs and buffs, I was hoping that people would see that these nerfs of the top tiers will make everyone viable minus 3 or 4 characters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Inferno Scorpion is garbage

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

No, Kano is stupid as hell in Cutthroat. If you don't think plus on block 50/50s are an issue than idk. This character has no weaknesses.

I have no clue how Cutthroat is still the most underrated variation in the game, when it's unlikely that he is worse than top 3. I think Kano is the best character in MKX but maybe that's just me.

Meep8345

Noob

Umm what lol. So nerf inferno and make him get punished harder for a low demon. Inferno is literally one of the worst characters in the game if anything he needs buffs and lots of them.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Umm what lol. So nerf inferno and make him get punished harder for a low demon. Inferno is literally one of the worst characters in the game if anything he needs buffs and lots of them.
Ummmm no. I refuse to believe that, because he has too many escape options (namely his teleport).

We differ on opinions there, but why is every Scorpion I see Inferno or Ninjutsu? Ninjutsu is fine. I take issue with the fact that Inferno exploits a lot of spacing property with that demon. He's rarely able to be truly punished unless he's close by. I've seen blocks of low demon and STILL can't punish because they weren't close enough. Then have to eat a teleport.

No ma'am, it's far from a trashy variation for him.

Meep8345

Noob
Ummmm no. I refuse to believe that, because he has too many escape options (namely his teleport).

We differ on opinions there, but why is every Scorpion I see Inferno or Ninjutsu? Ninjutsu is fine. I take issue with the fact that Inferno exploits a lot of spacing property with that demon. He's rarely able to be truly punished unless he's close by. I've seen blocks of low demon and STILL can't punish because they weren't close enough. Then have to eat a teleport.

You can at least make him hold his negative frames at a distance if you block low demon with the million advancing mids in the game that he lacks in... Also you can literally run through his "zoning" it doesn't track that well tbh and whoever does low demon on block and mashes a teleport is a maniac

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

With mo disrespect, if you're actually getting blown up by this, it's solely your fault. You haven't mentioned anything relevant to lag, only that the character is "hard to punish" despite the fact that every single minion is ridiculously unsafe. Besides if you really got hit by a teleport after that, you aren't playing good players. Sorry to say, but its a you problem, not an inferno problem.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Jacqui doesn't need buffs. She is viable, I main her. She needs nothing.
Oh, well if you main her I guess that makes you the authority on all things Jacqui. Case closed. Except the f3/f4 thing isn't a buff, it's a fix. There's a difference.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
With mo disrespect, if you're actually getting blown up by this, it's solely your fault. You haven't mentioned anything relevant to lag, only that the character is "hard to punish" despite the fact that every single minion is ridiculously unsafe. Besides if you really got hit by a teleport after that, you aren't playing good players. Sorry to say, but its a you problem, not an inferno problem.
Not so much myself. I've faced enough of them to be pretty self aware. The problem really rests with those who don't have a decent way to cover ground in order to punish.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky

While I can understand that you don't want your main's best variation nerfed, it's hard to justify Cutthroat having safe 50/50s, a flash parry, double safe 50/50s for a bar, excellent corner damage and excellent footsie tools. As for EX-buff better being plus because you're spending a bar, let's not forget that EX-buff is a damage buff and thus already has its uses.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Not so much myself. I've faced enough of them to be pretty self aware. The problem really rests with those who don't have a decent way to cover ground in order to punish.
Patience is all you need. Literally nearly everyone can punish a low minion from half screen, and any closer shouldn't even be remotely difficult. Literally there should be absolutely no reason why he needs nerfs. You saying you have problems punishing him is a you problem, because halfscreen or more everything he does is death, and no one should be to punish zoning tools from 3/4 or more lengths of the screen. I don't understand how you could possibly have a problem with inferno when hes utter trash to the point he needs nerfs, considering that every single special of his in that variation except ex spear is over -20. Seriously.

MadeOfMetal

i don't know what patch your stuck on, but as of forever, Inferno is garbage compared to his other two variations, and if you getting beat by specials alone being spammed thats your bad. not trying to be an ass but this had to be top 10 most unfounded nerf request to hit TYM

MadeOfMetal

While I can understand that you don't want your main's best variation nerfed, it's hard to justify Cutthroat having safe 50/50s, a flash parry, double safe 50/50s for a bar, excellent corner damage and excellent footsie tools. As for EX-buff better being plus because you're spending a bar, let's not forget that EX-buff is a damage buff and thus already has its uses.
i personally think its what makes that variation cool, one many characters have safe 50's, and him having plus on his 50/50 is not as big a deal as many make it, you can respect the pressur like many on this game, when Liu kang did it i simplky respected and then took my turn, or when any character that has done anything remotely close to it you can simply armor through.(just to note yeah kano can break armor but he has to choose to do that before hand on a read and wont be able to do the double mixup that we can be paitent and armor) i generlally have no probs against kano. i know many on here don't like his pressure but some of us need to understand that is what makes CT fun for the kano players. I know i for one am sick of seeing a character finally becomming usefull and loads of people who are just frustrated with a matchup ruin a fun character.

just coming in from a different view point

if you look at TYM and step back you will notice the general thought process on this site is NERF NERF NERF instead of buff the under vars.

Sadly i havent seen a thread soley about buff X * Y characters its always nerf these 3-5 characters and they wonder why it never fixes anything. bring the others up and i bet you will find these characters will be easier to deal with. especially when you add 20 more characters with different toolsets into the mix

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
i personally think its what makes that variation cool, one many characters have safe 50's, and him having plus on his 50/50 is not as big a deal as many make it, you can respect the pressur like many on this game, when Liu kang did it i simplky respected and then took my turn, or when any character that has done anything remotely close to it you can simply armor through.(just to note yeah kano can break armor but he has to choose to do that before hand on a read and wont be able to do the double mixup that we can be paitent and armor) i generlally have no probs against kano. i know many on here don't like his pressure but some of us need to understand that is what makes CT fun for the kano players. I know i for one am sick of seeing a character finally becomming usefull and loads of people who are just frustrated with a matchup ruin a fun character.

just coming in from a different view point

if you look at TYM and step back you will notice the general thought process on this site is NERF NERF NERF instead of buff the under vars.

Sadly i havent seen a thread soley about buff X * Y characters its always nerf these 3-5 characters and they wonder why it never fixes anything. bring the others up and i bet you will find these characters will be easier to deal with. especially when you add 20 more characters with different toolsets into the mix
Respecting pressure then taking your turn is nowhere near the same as being forced to guess all the time. All this armour through this, armour through that, doesn't make it any less retarded. Literally making his 50/50s unsafe will not ruin the character, it'll actually make sense because it's necessary. Not one goddamn character should be excused for these shenanigans at all. Yes there are characters that need buffing, but whats the point if we still have broken stuff, it just creates more broken stuff. The game needs balancing which means the top tiers need toning down before any buffs happen. Kano is retarded, and if you seriously cannot see that, you're a serial downplayer.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Oh, well if you main her I guess that makes you the authority on all things Jacqui. Case closed. Except the f3/f4 thing isn't a buff, it's a fix. There's a difference.
I never said I was the end all be all...but way to be a narcissistic asshole lmao. Learn how to talk to be people without being a cunt lol