What's new

Discussion MKXL Buffs And Nerfs That We Need

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Quick question, as a former balanced main. How exactly would having all 3 hits of telefury come out on block help him other than getting a little more chip damage. Which tbh isn't really his string suit accurate

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kitana DEMANDS
General:
-0 recovery frames on landing after iaf.
-Can now ex fan toss in the air.
-Throat Slice now leaves the opponent standing on hit.
-Iaf hits mid if thrown during the first 13 frames of a neutral jump only.
-Overhead float now +6 on block
-F1 is now 11f start up, down from 14f, and now uses both fans for 2 hitting hurt boxes.
-F22 is now +2 on block, up from -6.
-b2 is now 23f start up and now has a taller vertical hurtbox and now also a hurt box behind Kitana.
-b14 is now -3 on block, up from -4.
Are you trying to recreate Kabal's instant aerial gas blasts or Zod's instant aerial balls or a combination of both?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Your A-List nerfs touch universal tools and do collateral damage (again) to fisticuffs...noooopeee!

At this point, mainly only nerfs to specific variation tools should be done, or we will send many variations to the trash bin.

Last edited:
Any news on this new patch? I havnt heard anything in a long time, I heard we where going to get some MKX news at EVO finals, but we got none.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Tanya demands:
Undo at least a few knee jerk nerfs and raise her from the "dead". Been nerfing her since day one and she's got serious problems now. Find some kind of in between balance like they did with hellfire scorpion. He's dirty but not too dirty. Right in between vanilla pre patch and post patch.

Tweedy

Noob
Cage's EX shadow kick is bad.

You waste a bar, it can be ducked and punished, at most you get 12% and not even guaranteed pressure.

I got your back JC community. You guys aren't just downplaying here.

Tell me, @Hara-Killer , what is wrong with strong zoning? Who do you main? Cutthroat kano? I bet you like safe 50/50's into more 50/50's and safe armor and 3/4 screen normals/ advancing armor. You can't handle strong zoning? With a run mechanic? With all of the above? I'd that too hard for you? I suggest you git gud

Tanya
Universal:
F4 is now special cancellable
D1 is -4 on block
Air split Dive now has a 15 frame start up and is -2 on block
2U3 is now -2 on block
Low drill is now fixed and pops up opponents consistently
F43 gap removed
Standing 4 is now a mid

Pyromancer :
Air fireballs are now an overhead, they do the same damage as ground fireballs, and they now have an increased hitbox.
5% added to her combos.
B31 dust jails
All fireball have 6 frames removed off of their startup.
All fireballs have 3 frames removed off recovery

Kobu Jutsu:
B12+4 now has less scaling
EX Tonfa toss now has a 2% damage increase and scales less in combo
Old damage reverted back to her combos + an additional 1%
EX Tonfa toss reverted back to pre patch ON HIT

Dragon Naginata:
Staff Stance is -10 on block
Staff stance 4 and EX staff stance 4 now jail
Staff stance 1 startup decrease
B2 hit advantage is now +10
B1 startup decreased by 5 frames
F42 is now -5 on block

Mileena
EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD what Saltface suggested.
Screw your changes.

Tell me, @Hara-Killer , what is wrong with strong zoning? Who do you main? Cutthroat kano? I bet you like safe 50/50's into more 50/50's and safe armor and 3/4 screen normals/ advancing armor. You can't handle strong zoning? With a run mechanic? With all of the above? I'd that too hard for you? I suggest you git gud
I think what your suggesting is way too much.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
don't agree with mileena roll being slower on startup. would affect some of her punishes so startup shouldn't be changed. agree with making it unable to low profile mids tho. that's fair.

omooba

fear the moobs
After these nerfs I think a list would still be more than viable and fisticuffs would make sense to use now.
bullshit there will never be a reason to use fisticuffs if he doesn't get buffed
that said i agree with most of these however one thing i hope nrs remembers is
1)if you buff a character make sure they still have weaknesses. we don't want someone who has stupid offense and no jaring weaknesses like kano mileena demo etc
2) if you nerf a character make sure they're still viable
through the little i read in your post i think these work in fact this might be the buff/nerf list i agree with the most
edit: now i've read through everything and this is for sure the list i agree most with other than the fact that you left out a lot of characters that need buffs

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I think what your suggesting is way too much.
Tanya
Universal:
F4 is now special cancellable
D1 is -4 on block
Air split Dive now has a 15 frame start up and is -2 on block
2U3 is now -2 on block
Low drill is now fixed and pops up opponents consistently
F43 gap removed
Standing 4 is now a mid

Pyromancer :
Air fireballs are now an overhead, they do the same damage as ground fireballs, and they now have an increased hitbox.
5% added to her combos.
B31 dust jails
All fireball have 6 frames removed off of their startup.
All fireballs have 3 frames removed off recovery

Kobu Jutsu:
B12+4 now has less scaling
EX Tonfa toss now has a 2% damage increase and scales less in combo
Old damage reverted back to her combos + an additional 1%
EX Tonfa toss reverted back to pre patch ON HIT

Dragon Naginata:
Staff Stance is -10 on block
Staff stance 4 and EX staff stance 4 now jail
Staff stance 1 startup decrease
B2 hit advantage is now +10
B1 startup decreased by 5 frames
F42 is now -5 on block
LMAO

Meep8345

Noob
Calm down you maniac just because he thinks what you're suggesting is a little crazy doesn't mean you get to be an asshole. With the buffs you suggested she would be crazy and she has decent staggers and her throws like that would make it damn near impossible to do much against her in theory. Because any second you are trying to inch forward she can run up throw with her usain bolt level run and send you full-screen