What's new

Discussion MKXL Buffs And Nerfs That We Need

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Yo, It's KHTC Jink and I've been thinking of how they could make this game balanced with the supposed rumor of a new patch coming out and here are my thoughts.
Obviously there will always be worse and better characters but there shouldn't be an alien or cutthroat level character ever in a game and there should never be a unbreakable/kenshi level character either.

So, let's think. We have Alien..a dumb character I think we can all agree so here are my nerfs for him/her/it.

Tarkatan: You can't really F with his rekkas too too much or else he'll become awful so I'm more gonna focus on how to make it harder for Tarkatan and less I'll play whIle you block.

Make his tail flip minus 9 on block, shits ridiculous, when we wanted dlc we didn't mean make Kotal with 30 times more range and a safe overhead.

Make ex tail flip not catch you from behind. Literally all of aliens wakeups will catch you if you try to back up so jumping over should be an option especially since I'm already guessing on his wakeup!!!! Which brings me to my next point.

Remove armor from ex low tail...don't think we need to discuss why, the range is so godlike anyways just leave it as a footsie tool and from max range most cant even punish so chill nrs I don't need to guess on my opponents wakeup.

Remove the armor on the ex air tail flip. You already can't anti air the bitch so at least let me trip guard the mf. Watch the murk vs dab set and it happened about 10 times.

Decrease the range on back 3 like cmon....really bro?

Nerf J4 range...gtfo, doesn't need to go that far fam...stop.

Make crawl worse on whiff. He has back 3, he has jump 4, he doesn't need to go half way through the screen on every zoner for no effort, that's insane.

Nerf jump 2..you legitimately cannot anti air him!!! Watch Sanix vs Tweedy..every breaker Tweedy jumped in and Sanix just looked at the and sighed. Doesn't need to be that fast and have that much range and priority.

These nerfs will fix acidic/alien as a whole I believe. Naturally some of you will disagree with me and I would want to know why, so please tell me. I'm up for criticism.

Next character

Mileena: The infamous mileena...man..where do I start.
Now we have to be careful, if we nerf her too hard she will not be good and although it's easy to just say "good let her be bottom tier" we would go nowhere as a community and all games would be unbalanced.

Make mileenas regular ball roll 10 frames/or don't let it low profile mids.
The problem with regular roll is that it's just as good if not better than most of the wakeups in the game because she goes under literally everything. By making it slower it gives you more time to meaty it.
By fixing the hit box it will allow you to actually meaty it with a Takeda f1, Lao f2 etc.

Make her sais (sai?) Have worse whiff recovery. She outzones the zoners because she can throw 2 before they can shoot 1, or she can throw one and tele. She doesn't need that and it allows her to not only beat you close up with her godlike buttons but from fullscreen as well, which no character should have to the extent mileena has.

Remove canceling into sai from her tele...I'm tired of fu**ing guessing man. She outzones me, outfootsies me and she can get in faster than you can say Sr Takeda.

Honestly that's it for mileena. She's not a alien/cutthroat type of mixup character, she thrives off of her neutral so you can't make it too awful.

Cutthroat: you gotta be fu**ing kidding me man. So you guess right right? You're like oh boy, buuuut kano has a bit of a seizure and he's all of a sudden plus 9/ plus 14 and you're guessing again.
He doesn't need to be Quan, let him rest in peace. But seriously, the whole oh string inot ex buff is plus 14!?!? Get out now. Here's my nerf.

Make the buff 0 on block after every single string. He still has ex knives that jail into d4 BTW...he doesnt need that bull shit.

Make ex up ball minus 7. You block his wakeup and he's jumping/backdashing before you know it, he should be forced to block after that, sorry.

Remove the low from air ball when the first part whiffs. It's impossible to tell what it will be sometimes especially since its so fast.

That's it for kano, I don't think his other variations need buffs and I don't think cutthroat needs more nerds than what I listed.

A-List Cage: A weird character to nerf/buff. I personally think A list is almost fine except for a few small things.

Make the second ball of ex force balls have a gap. He doesn't need an infinite if u have no meter fam.

Make ex shadow kick minus 6. He shouldn't be able to poke after that.

Nerf his damage. Now some of you might be scratching your heads right now, but think. He hits you for 32 percent for no bar in the corner into a restand with guarantee pressure using f3 cancel 333 cancel 114 ex ball which does a shit ton of chip.

After these nerfs I think a list would still be more than viable and fisticuffs would make sense to use now.

Unbreakable/sub zero buffs

So sub zero is a great character, I think we can all agree...but outside of grandmaster...??? He's ass.

Give sub zero a 7 F d1, and a 7 F d3. Sub gets mopped by everything that is even remotely 0 or plus 1 on block. Every character should be able to poke out of zero/have options on low plus frames.

That's it, I think once other characters get nerfed and sub gets those poke buffs, unbreakable and cryo will be viable.

Kenshi: Now we all know why the only blind guy in the game is arguable the worst character in the game. He can't see Paulo's Vision. So listen to how I can help him see the light.

Make Kenshis (balanced) ex overhead either have armor/ be plus on block or launch.

Balanced: Make all three hits of tele flurry come out on block.

Kenjutsu: make bf3 less ass on whiff..cmon.

Possessed: Make any string after blocking the tele jump on jail ANY STRING, not fast ones, any string.

I think these buffs will make Kenshi viable especially if the nerfs I made for the top tier are put in place.

Demo Sonya: the guess right and guess again character. I have a few simple fixes that wont totally butcher her.

Make grenades go away on hit. If Im Lao and I do ex spin to punish you throwing the grenade cuz you don't blown it up instantly, I shouldn't waste the bar. Same if poke you too.

She should not be able to do more than 3 grenades per combo. Allow her to do mid combo reloads, but have her have to end the combo without using abother grenade.

I think these buffs are completely fair and they wouldnt make Sonya ass.

Kung lao: Tempest is fine imo except for one thinf, but the others need some love.

Hattrick: If you put out the hat and I let you and then I block the callback, you should be at least plus 4, I let you get the hat out I should pay for it, just like ronin.

Buzzsaw: Make the hat come back faster after its whiffed and blocked, also give him a damage buff dammit.

Tempest: If I do 112124 ex hat and I catch you poking out, I should get hat back faster so I can actually punish you for trying to poke out of my plus frames instead of just getting a down 4

Honestly thats it, there are other variations here and there but I think we would have o wait to see how viable they become when the top tier get nerfed.

If you disagree/have questions please tell me, I'm up for criticism and others opinions.

-KHTC Jink

Last edited:

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
If there are any characters you think would still need buffs after these nerfs and buffs, comment please!

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Your Kano nerfs are interesting.

For starters, let's discuss the easy one, the Air Kano Ball. He needs the low in that attack. Cybernetic and Commando shouldn't get screwed out of a good quality of life buff that's wholly punishable on block and takes ages to recover on whiff. The low and Overhead is a bit of a mindgame, and I say let that one rock. It's tricky to block, but you're guaranteed a punish when you do read the ball correctly.

As for B121xxEX Buff and the latter moves plus frames, I wouldn't mind a reduction. EX Knives are +9, so making it fall in line with that EX move is a valid nerf.

Making EX Up Kano Ball -7 isn't too bad, although I don't understand how one doesn't realize it's his turn when Kano throws that out on WU. If he wakes up in the corner, and you do an advancing string, it'll beat out whatever Kano tries to do. As for Jumping, I have no idea how you would let a Kano jump out on you after EX whiff. The pushback is decent, but it doesn't mean it's going to be his turn when he throws it out. As of now, that move is -5... soooo, yeah.

EDIT: -5, not -6. So a -7 would make sense.

Last edited:

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Your Kano nerfs are interesting.

For starters, let's discuss the easy one, the Air Kano Ball. He needs the low in that attack. Cybernetic and Commando shouldn't get screwed out of a good quality of life buff that's wholly punishable on block and takes ages to recover on whiff. The low and Overhead is a bit of a mindgame, and I say let that one rock. It's tricky to block, but you're guaranteed a punish when you do read the ball correctly.

As for B121xxEX Buff and the latter moves plus frames, I wouldn't mind a reduction. EX Knives are +7, so making it fall in line with that EX move is a valid nerf.

Making EX Up Kano Ball -7 isn't too bad, although I don't understand how one doesn't realize it's his turn when Kano throws that out on WU. If he wakes up in the corner, and you do an advancing string, it'll beat out whatever Kano tries to do. As for Jumping, I have no idea how you would let a Kano jump out on you after EX whiff. The pushback is decent, but it doesn't mean it's going to be his turn when he throws it out. As of now, that move is -6... soooo, yeah.
Allright, yeah I thought it was minus 5 and Its because the recovery is a lot less than one would expect

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
You tried your best but all I can see is still a "tl, dr" wall of text....
I said before, don't make the next patch mere tier shifting. Adjust universal game mechanics first (anti airs, bugs, hitbox inconsistencies) then we may think about adding character buffs/nerfs

KHAOTIC_SWIFT

Ohh SNAP!!!!!
OK bro I won't totally crucify u for this lol jk...
The alien needs are fair...kano nerfs I agree with...
Sonya can keep her 400 grenade combo but I agree with the going away on hit..she has to immediately blow them up to make a a true string and if she delays it, it can be slightly plus, yes I said plus if u haven't reacted by time the bomb hits the ground u deserve whatever comes next

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
You tried your best but all I can see is still a "tl, dr" wall of text....
I said before, don't make the next patch mere tier shifting. Adjust universal game mechanics first (anti airs, bugs, hitbox inconsistencies) then we may think about adding character buffs/nerfs
You can't do that. Be realistic and be in the now.

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
Sonya can keep her 400 grenade combo but I agree with the going away on hit..she has to immediately blow them up to make a a true string and if she delays it, it can be slightly plus, yes I said plus if u haven't reacted by time the bomb hits the ground u deserve whatever comes next
I agree, with that.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Idk about cage damage nerf but he shouldn't be able to cancel whiffed f3s IMO.
I think Sonya only needs for grenades to not be detonated on hit and for her divekick to be more punishable.
Aliens tail should have a hurtbox
Raiden's shocker should be a mid
I agree with Mileena changes
I'd fix Kung Lao's whiffing issues and give him a bit better start up on his back walk speed
In buzzsaw I'd make it so ex spin doesn't launch until the last hit for less gravity scaling, helping for better combos.

Unbreakable sub needs iceball run cancels :DOGE

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Yo why do ppl think I'm you 80% of the time?

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
EZ nerf all crazy jump ins - Sonya mileena alien sub Jins jump 2 kotals jump is fine. Errons jump 2 slasher Jason bo rai cho predator balanced kenshi FERRA TOER JAX Kano

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
A list? Ez no cancel on whiff make ex shadow kik unsafe make nut punch eZier to Punish. Make it so alist can't ex his nut punch on block only on hit. Make stunt double be able to connect f3 mimic shoulder on hit. One of his main problems is he can't hit confirm f3 that EZ into dmg so by making f3 mimic into shoulder connect he will now turn a list tier :)

Kitana DEMANDS
General:
-0 recovery frames on landing after iaf.
-Can now ex fan toss in the air.
-Throat Slice now leaves the opponent standing on hit.
-Iaf hits mid if thrown during the first 13 frames of a neutral jump only.
-Overhead float now +6 on block
-F1 is now 11f start up, down from 14f, and now uses both fans for 2 hitting hurt boxes.
-F22 is now +2 on block, up from -6.
-b2 is now 23f start up and now has a taller vertical hurtbox and now also a hurt box behind Kitana.
-b14 is now -3 on block, up from -4

Assasin:
-Assasin strike/ impale now hits overhead

Royal storm:
-Fan Nado is now multi hitting and has significant increase in pushback on block.
-Reflect is now 13f start up, down from 15f and some projectiles that couldn't be reflected can now be reflected.

Mournful:
- Ex glaIves now has no gap

Tweedy

Noob
Pounce and flip should be worse on whiff too.

Best Alien nerf list I've seen.

Edit: Making max delayed rekkas -1 instead of +3 would be fair.