What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

90% subzero's online : ice clone -> ice ball, ice ball, throw the clone -> instantly set new clone. I Doubt this patch hit has hard as mk9 sub patch.

The problem with nerfing sub zero is pretty much that it wasn't needed because every character could already punish him for clone cancels besides F4 clone. He didn't deserve what he got, but the result is now that the options you have after a clone cancel aren't static across the board. You actually have to do different things in different matchups. Not everyone can jump kick over the clone. Not everyone can jip over it. Not everyone can poke through it. Sub Zero mains just have to know matchup specifics now just like everyone else does.

While I don't feel like he should be forced to play defensive for knocking someone down and clone cancelling, I also feel like this change just means he has to do different things against different characters and actually respecting each character's options.

The nerf wasn't warranted, but neither is the whining about it.

The problem with nerfing sub zero is pretty much that it wasn't needed because every character could already punish him for clone cancels besides F4 clone.
Point blank yeah but mid to fullscreen u have (had) to be waiting and waiting and instant ice clone nerf WAS needed just like quan instant batman summoning.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Thanks. So I'm guessing the summoning fiend hand thing is still as bad as it is? What about the flick?
DF4 and BF2 are still unchanged, which sucks because I'd say flick needs changed more than the unblockable needs to be controllable.
B3 is an overhead launcher. Congrats!
That's 18f, -11 and not special cancellable lol. It's a start :)

I would like for NRS to do a small write up on why did they made those changes (heartstone style).

I want to know if they believe Sub Zero Klone was OP, Quan,.. Jin etc,...or if this was a fix to something that was intended on the first place.

So unless you can punish everything at all times always on reaction it needs to be nerfed?
If its easily abusable then yes. Are u really saying Subzero's : Ice clone -> hide behind clone > ice ball > ice ball -> throw clone or if the clone fades aways INSTANTLY set a new clone tactic is a fair strategy?

If its easily abusable then yes. Are u really saying Subzero's : Ice clone -> hide behind clone > ice ball > ice ball -> throw clone or if the clone fades aways INSTANTLY set a new clone tactic is a fair strategy?
Yes.

Look at your scenario anyway. What about the changes makes it so he can't still do that? if he throws the clone at you and just doesn't let it fade away he'll be employing the exact same strategy.

Last edited:
I would like for NRS to do a small write up on why did they made those changes (heartstone style).

I want to know if they believe Sub Zero Klone was OP, Quan,.. Jin etc,...or if this was a fix to something that was intended on the first place.
Kung Jins "nerfs" dont need a write up. Those nerfs were the biproduct of a universal bug fix. He was only safe from his overhead string because of a bug. They already explained that.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Clone going away on block means that some characters get a blocked jump in punch into pressure or a 50/50 after certain clone cancels. Normally the jump in would be blocked and the clone freezes them, not anymore. It's a BIG nerf because some characters will get free 50/50 attempts and will never need to use bar. This also allows them to save meter for combos, to get up, or breaker.

Sub gets a BIG nerf and Quan Chi gets a ONE second cool down on bat so he is literally the same.

In this community crying gets better results then learning.
I don't get why so many likes, because this post is bullshit. Why do you think that needing a bar to get around a non-bar move is fair? Why do you think that Sub-Zero is entitled to be safe from jump-ins when the opponent is literally stuck in place in the corner? The opponent is now allowed to have a combo opportunity or breaker when playing against Grandmaster Sub-Zero?! Blasphemy! #sarcasm
Brady, actually you shut up and #gitgud. Grandmaster needs one more adjustment - his own iceball to destroy the clone.
Also Quan's safest option up close is his bat, he needs his bat.

I don't get why so many likes, because this post is bullshit. Why do you think that needing a bar to get around a non-bar move is fair? Why do you think that Sub-Zero is entitled to be safe from jump-ins when the opponent is literally stuck in place in the corner? The opponent is now allowed to have a combo opportunity or breaker when playing against Grandmaster Sub-Zero?! Blasphemy! #sarcasm
Brady, actually you shut up and #gitgud. Grandmaster needs one more adjustment - his own iceball to destroy the clone.
He could already be hit out of the recovery of clone cancel by everyone from anything cancelled into it besides F4. He didn't need a nerf, but the change also doesn't make him bad.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If you think SZ's clone going away on block isn't bad, imagine the scenario of someone JKing you and then not falling on the clone.

People with far reaching JIP/JIK can literally jump at you all the time without fear of the clone catching them upon landing.
Soo, bait and punish...

When it comes to the online side of this patch, i like how we can back out if opponents ping is low...yet now everyone magically has green ping and lag like all hell. Good job, netkode is saved.

These changes sound pretty reasonable. especially the necro shinnok zoning placement is what i was wishing for. sadly didnt happen for the flick.

Yes.

Look at your scenario anyway. What about the changes makes it so he can't still do that? if he throws the clone at you and just doesn't let it fade away he'll be employing the exact same strategy.
I can armor through the clone throw on reaction and full combo punish it (some charachters like jax) but trying to armor through the clone will result in a getting ur ass frozen, unless the clone is point blank cuz the armor is only on the first few frames and if subzero Baits it ill eat a full combo.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
lol what a scrub you are. What will you cry about next? Hard knockdowns? You also need a bar to beat a NORMAL after a hard knockdown. How is that any different than beating the Klone. What will you cry for now? Wake up invincebility for Quan you scrub?!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
lol what a scrub you are. What will you cry about next? Hard knockdowns? You also need a bar to beat a NORMAL after a hard knockdown. How is that any different than beating the Klone. What will you cry for now? Wake up invincebility for Quan you scrub?!
Who the fuck are you?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Learn to WALK forward. Ice ball does no chip and can be ducked and clone toss can also be ducked/low profiled at the right distance. But God forbid NRS players to use fundamentals when they can jump.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Dont tag me in a post as irrelevant as this again of you will be my first blocked tym member.
Oh acting mature now? You don't get to do that when it was your tweets that started this. There was actually no reason to nerf sub zero. Zero zilch nada, he wasn't dominating anything except people's inexperience and unwillingness to learn the matchup.

If you noticed my previous posts directed at you I always praised you, but I was horrified at your tweet.

You need to face the fact that you are a part of this unwarranted nerf and own up to it.