What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

Zebster

How's my volume?
Is this a settable Player option? Not seeing it anywhere :(
If it isn't a 3 bar connection (green bar), then you can choose to back out, which would be cool...................

EXCEPT, the game now detects what would have been 1 bar connections before the patch as 3 bar connections, so now Ranked is more fucked up than it was before.

Thanks NRS, salt, etc.

Lokheit

Noob
When is this comming to PC? The company making the port should be already familiarized with the process...

Then a PC patch worth 2 console ones? Not getting my hopes up considering how the last one went xD

At least I hope PC is now playable online at something more than 5 frames per second :/
That's what I expect, which is what the last one (Jason patch) did; it was a few patches in one to bring the PC version to same general status as consoles.

For many, the last patch did a lot of good stability wise (slightly decreased performance for me) once they fixed the save game deletion issue. For me, I'm going to not patch right away and wait to see if others are having issues.

I've also heard WBIE is heavily involved with this patch, so hopefully things will go smoother. With two more DLC characters to come afterwards, there's a few more patches we'll likely get (PC) as well.

@Juxtapose thanks for the info, I think I will wait too before patching. Last one's fiasco happened on a moment I couldn't use my PC luckily for me :p
Yeah, I was at work (and will be tomorrow), so I have hours to see what's happening before I even get home. Gives me a buffer, but still horrible to read how many people lost their saves last time.

qspec

Noob
Yeah, I was at work (and will be tomorrow), so I have hours to see what's happening before I even get home. Gives me a buffer, but still horrible to read how many people lost their saves last time.
Haha, I'm in the same boat.

I had meant to start uploading the old patch before I left for work, but I forgot to do it. Went to work started reading the reports and was glad for my own forgetfulness.

Haha, I'm in the same boat.

I had meant to start uploading the old patch before I left for work, but I forgot to do it. Went to work started reading the reports and was glad for my own forgetfulness.
Yeah, so for this patch, I recommend waiting several hours too. It's not going to kill you, and it'll be safer.

Still, overall, I'm hoping for a solid patch that further stabilizes, improves, fixes, and adds in the console balance fixes.

qspec

Noob
Yeah, so for this patch, I recommend waiting several hours too. It's not going to kill you, and it'll be safer.

Still, overall, I'm hoping for a solid patch that further stabilizes, improves, fixes, and adds in the console balance fixes.
Here's to hoping. I'm about at wit's end with the netcode. I hop into a room and nothing but red bars... everywhere.

Here's to hoping. I'm about at wit's end with the netcode. I hop into a room and nothing but red bars... everywhere.
Ah, see, for the "netcode," I honestly don't expect that to improve. I mean, look at the past games: Mortal Kombat (2011) was horribly online at launch on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and a patch NRS released later improved it to sub-horrible.

NRS did the Vita version, and it's online was better than the console's, but still not great. HVS did the PC version, and it's online was as bad as the first party console versions.

I didn't play Injustice: Gods Among Us, but I heard it was only slightly improved.

So knowing this, and knowing that NRS fighters consistantly have poor online regardless if it's developed by NRS or ported by HVS, I simply assumed the Mortal Kombat X's online would also be horrible and that it'll always be bad.

If they're able to improve it, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I've been expecting since pre-launch for it to be bad.