What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Anybody losing to Kano on the regular and getting salty honestly need to just up their footsie game.

I can armor through the clone throw on reaction and full combo punish it (some charachters like jax) but trying to armor through the clone will result in a getting ur ass frozen, unless the clone is point blank cuz the armor is only on the first few frames and if subzero Baits it ill eat a full combo.
These things are true regardless of the change. The only difference is that you can anticipate that he'll probably be throwing the clone moreso than he would have before.

It's seriously not that much different from range. So he just throws a couple ice balls if the clone disappears. boom. timer reset. The nerf you are so in favor of doesn't even change the scenario you're complaining about that much.

Oh acting mature now? You don't get to do that when it was your tweets that started this. There was actually no reason to nerf sub zero. Zero zilch nada, he wasn't dominating anything except people's inexperience and unwillingness to learn the matchup.

If you noticed my previous posts directed at you I always praised you, but I was horrified at your tweet.

You need to face the fact that you are a part of this unwarranted nerf and own up to it.
He's like 8. Blame his parents.

Audit

Falls down too much
if you could have blocked this theoretical jumpin it also means you could have backdashed it and kicked them back into the clone, or taken some damage and used db1x and knocked them back into the clone and depending on height gotten a juggle combo probly long enough to to drop another clone. but plz continue to flip the fuck out about some text and not actually playing things out.
You have absolutely no idea on what you talking about.
:eek: Someone just went full retard. It's soo hard to look away from a train wreck.

Yo where the hell is the xbox1 patch, I'm becoming restless
When they say soon they mean days. The MS approval process delays the patches by days.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Oh acting mature now? You don't get to do that when it was your tweets that started this. There was actually no reason to nerf sub zero. Zero zilch nada, he wasn't dominating anything except people's inexperience and unwillingness to learn the matchup.

If you noticed my previous posts directed at you I always praised you, but I was horrified at your tweet.

You need to face the fact that you are a part of this unwarranted nerf and own up to it.
Ok so when you go find all the tweets where I am asking ed boon for nerfs, talk to me. Other than that as far as I am concerned, ive only said in what seemed like a private conversation was "ice clone is stupid." So when you find proper information rather than be an offensive jackass, hit me up! :)

Ok so when you go find all the tweets where I am asking ed boon for nerfs, talk to me. Other than that as far as I am concerned, ive only said in what seemed like a private conversation was "ice clone is stupid." So when you find proper information rather than be an offensive jackass, hit me up! :)
you're an online celebrity to these kids. You don't get to have a private conversation anymore without a million kids over analyzing and twisting every single word of everything you ever say. Yay internet.

Ojpaxton

Noob
That's bs I pay the same amount for my console and the same amount for my game and I have to wait longer for a patch? Yo that shit dumb as fuck

JDM

Noob
But prepatch there was absolutely 0 point for subzero to retreat when clone was up, that's the entire use of it.

What if he ducks?
Oh hey remember when i said he'd be nerfed and you tried to say i didn't know what i was talking about??
:^)

Ya how dare you try and act mature. You're supposed to be acting just as immature as he is.

I thought we already established these nerfs were made so scrubs like you didn't have to struggle too much to learn the matchup.
sub zero main that used the same setups without giving two fucks about which character the opponent was using now has to know and respect his opponent's tools calling someone else a scrub for not "learning the matchup."

LOL.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
sub zero main that used the same setups without giving two fucks about which character the opponent was using now has to know and respect his opponent's tools calling someone else a scrub for not "learning the matchup."

LOL.
Did you really just compare a post-knockdown setup to learning a matchup?

"Scorpion main set up the vortex without giving 2 fucks about which char the opp was using"

See how dumb that sounds now?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I'm not sure if this has been noticed, but Erron has been also touched in this patch.
For example, when you do the combo f13 db4, b32u1, it's harder now to continue it with his njp sword than it was before.
I think they changed the way b32u1 sends the enemy into the air, because it's also harder now to change sides with the enemy with a run after this combo...
If I was cornered and i landed a b32u1 i liked to run to change side and use 11 to keep the enemy in the air. Now is a bit risky :(
I've noticed this as well. Its something that can be worked around, though.

Did you really just compare a post-knockdown setup to learning a matchup?

"Scorpion main set up the vortex without giving 2 fucks about which char the opp was using"

See how dumb that sounds now?
No. He shouldnt be able to set it up exactly the same way regardless of who hes fighting against. If he could still do it but his means of doing it actually depended on matchup knowledge, likevsub zeros do now, it would be less retarded.

Only difference is that i think scorpion deserves that. Sub zero didnt deserve this.

Would it make you feel better if the peopel that already knew how to handle it just punished your setups the same way they could before the change?

Levaranoia

War God
People need to chill out on the patch. I bet there will be another patch when Tanya comes out with a bunch more balance changes. There are a bunch of characters and variations. It will take time to look at every character and variation of them to fix things and or make major changes.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i'm hoping the netcode stuff really does make a diff on xbox as well.

I've only been hearing good things for ps4 people..... well as far as I can tell.

how is it over there now?

i'm hoping the netcode stuff really does make a diff on xbox as well.

I've only been hearing good things for ps4 people..... well as far as I can tell.

how is it over there now?
From what I understand they just gave everyone green bars without actually changing the netcode at all or actual ping accuracy.

It's like a placebo effect where people are gnna be all, "oh yeah... it's better for sure" even though t only thing they changes was the color of the bars next to most peoples' names.

I have never seen green bars. Ever. Not once.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
From what I understand they just gave everyone green bars without actually changing the netcode at all or actual ping accuracy.

It's like a placebo effect where people are gnna be all, "oh yeah... it's better for sure" even though t only thing they changes was the color of the bars next to most peoples' names.

I have never seen green bars. Ever. Not once.
Kinda, Pako said in the Avoiding the Puddle chat that they improved the algorithm and fixed the ping bars. He stated that if people have low bars then the connection will only be worse. So, apparently they did something. Also, I never seen green bars until I wired my xbox.