What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
I know right? Just makes absolutely no sense at all. AT ALL.
Just a question about this gm sub zero thing. From what I understand you guys still have the same set play, just perhaps now have a weakness against characters with long disjointed hitboxes. However, if that's the main issue, why not just switch characters for that particular matchup? Or if a character loyalist why not switch to unbreakable or cryo? On paper I think unbreakable poops on Takeda and D'vorah and with the new frame data adjustments cryo may actually be 50/50 against Kung Jin.

People keep talking about how a character is top tier or top ten and yet there is no definitive tier list. Why? It would help clear up the confusion. You can't make the excuse that it's too early if you keep mentioning tiers to support your argument. At least a list of characters who are top tier would suffice.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
People keep talking about how a character is top tier or top ten and yet there is no definitive tier list. Why? It would help clear up the confusion. You can't make the excuse that it's too early if you keep mentioning tiers to support your argument. At least a list of characters who are top tier would suffice.
Constant tier discussion and obsessiveness over who is better than who was a cancer for MK9. Shortly before Injustice started leaving the mainstage, a lot of MK players quietly agreed to avoid tiers for a while to prevent knee jerk reactions from the newer members of the community. If it was official that character X is the best in the game, then a shit ton of people that don't know any better will be complaining about character X being broken tomorrow, and it will dictate the conversation around the game until it's death. Quite frankly, I'm loving the lack of tier lists.

Constant tier discussion and obsessiveness over who is better than who was a cancer for MK9. Shortly before Injustice started leaving the mainstage, a lot of MK players quietly agreed to avoid tiers for a while to prevent knee jerk reactions from the newer members of the community. If it was official that character X is the best in the game, then a shit ton of people that don't know any better will be complaining about character X being broken tomorrow, and it will dictate the conversation around the game until it's death. Quite frankly, I'm loving the lack of tier lists.
Fair enough. I'm really interested in a tier list to get a general idea of the characters so I would appreciate if someone messaged me a tier list.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Fair enough. I'm really interested in a tier list to get a general idea of the characters so I would appreciate if someone messaged me a tier list.
Even now, with the game being figured out fairly quickly compared to past titles, a tier list wouldn't be anywhere close what the final list will be. To get an accurate tier list together, every character (including every variation, mind you) has to have a fairly accurate match up chart for every other character (and variation) in the game. The addition of variations alone will be a deciding factor in how long it takes to get an accurate list together.

At this point, when people call a character top tier or top whatever, it's either because they have tools that people haven't effectively figured out how to counter yet, or a certain character that's making a lot of top 8 appearances in tournaments.

D4G

Win At All Cost
Look more uninformed nobody's claiming "Kotal Khan is fine". No Kotal buffs or changes, Sub Zero nerfed, Scorpion left untouched and Sonic Fox is giggling to himself like he just won the lottery.

Can't say I'm at all pleased with this patch outside of the general fixes and improvements. Why is mileena allowed to do her X-Ray in the air? So I'm forced to block and take every jump in in fear of getting derped out if she has full meter? C'mon man.

coolwhip

Noob
SZ clone goes away on block now? Nerfed to the ground.. and wtf if the cooldown on clone now? 2 seconds AFTER it goes away on its own?

Cry > Level up.. its the best way to win.
"Cry > level up" right after crying about patch notes before letting things develop. The sweet irony.

By the way didn't you assure me thst Sub's f4 option select will be removed and that we needed to learn the game?

PS: you can avoid the cooldown by smashing the clone yourself instead of waiting it out.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Reduced damage scaling for Kung Jin? Thanks!

Kitana and Shinnok get new attacks? Yes please!

Reptile gets a Klassic Costume? YESHHH PLEASEEE!!!

EDIT: Better words!
only change i noticed with Kung Jin was a small scaling difference. (B+214,DB3+block, NJP, jump D+4, B+21, DB3) from 40%/ to 37% ) and all combos have this same small change.... i noticed his: (B+214,DB3) remained the same 25%

and it may seem his NJP may come off a little slower on way up.

maybe others noticed more?

coolwhip

Noob
if you could have blocked this theoretical jumpin it also means you could have backdashed it and kicked them back into the clone, or taken some damage and used db1x and knocked them back into the clone and depending on height gotten a juggle combo probly long enough to to drop another clone. but plz continue to flip the fuck out about some text and not actually playing things out.
God fucking damn...

MadeOfMetal

SZ clone goes away on block now? Nerfed to the ground.. and wtf if the cooldown on clone now? 2 seconds AFTER it goes away on its own?

yeah i dont feel they needed to hit sub that hard, to me grandmaster was what made him feel like mk9 sub(ice clone)

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
only change i noticed with Kung Jin was a small scaling difference. (B+214,DB3+block, NJP, jump D+4, B+21, DB3) from 40%/ to 37% ) and all combos have this same small change.... i noticed his: (B+214,DB3) remained the same 25%

and it may seem his NJP may come off a little slower on way up.

maybe others noticed more?
All his good combos have been nerfed by 4-5%, and his frame data got much worse.
He can't apply pressure at all anymore

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR

Agreed there, man. NRS just single handed fucked Grandmaster variation with that nerf.

Last edited:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
maybe he was not meant to be a pressure character with his range? how about some spacing with normals and mixing it up?
Maybe, but he looks much worse than he was and I don't see any particular reason to prefer him over characters like Scorpion and other tops.
It was an overnerf, chances of seeing him top 8 in a major are very very small now.

MadeOfMetal

All his good combos have been nerfed by 4-5%, and his frame data got much worse.
He can't apply pressure at all anymore
I just played online with KJ, and his strings seemed the same to me.

i used:
  • B+214
  • B+21,2+4
  • B+14
  • F+24
i think his hit box might have grown, but don't quote me on that. (not really sure) cassie was able to get in a few times.

NJP seems a little late on start, but still operational!

D+1 and D+4 seems to have some improvement..

but thats all i notice so far...

MadeOfMetal

You know

I'm not even remotely energized to even type my real thoughts or express my disappointment for lack of Kenshi changes. This is extremely depressing

Big pile of "Idc fuck it oh well"
did you like how kenshi was? or did you want improvements on him, if so what did he need buffed or nerfed. ( i honestly don't play kenshi)

MadeOfMetal

When I first read the patch notes I thought it was going to work in those scenarios when the Clone glitched, ya know? When immediately after SZ pops a Clone and he had to block, like Raiden, Mileena and few others could do to him. The Clone was still there, but it wouldn't freeze the opponent. Which in my opinion obviously wasn't working as intended, the Clone should never go away on block. When I saw this glitch in the game the first thing that came to my mind was: "don't worry, they going to fix it soon, so the clone won't glitch and will freeze this sumbitch instead".

Well I guess I was wrong. Dead wrong.
Don't get to down about it, NRS is very capable of balancing characters in this game, give them a few patches, let it ride- and see what comes of this SZ change.... we are good at playing, and they are good at Patching.... we have a long long long wave of balance patches to come... who knows maybe sub will get his clone back to normal if it makes a drastic change to his survivability:)

MadeOfMetal

Apparently yes.[/QUOTE]
When I first read the patch notes I thought it was going to work in those scenarios when the Clone glitched, ya know? When immediately after SZ pops a Clone and he had to block, like Raiden, Mileena and few others could do to him. The Clone was still there, but it wouldn't freeze the opponent. Which in my opinion obviously wasn't working as intended, the Clone should never go away on block. When I saw this glitch in the game the first thing that came to my mind was: "don't worry, they going to fix it soon, so the clone won't glitch and will freeze this sumbitch instead".

Well I guess I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Apparently yes.
they will notice it man... if its as bad as we think..... it will be changed back or at least something with improve with that variation

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Don't get to down about it, NRS is very capable of balancing characters in this game, give them a few patches, let it ride- and see what comes of this SZ change.... we are good at playing, and they are good at Patching.... we have a long long long wave of balance patches to come... who knows maybe sub will get his clone back to normal if it makes a drastic change to his survivability:)
Thanks for the words of optimism but "they are good at Patching"?

Just one exemple: NRS tried to fix Superman's damage in Injustice with not one but like 3 or 4 nerfs. And 2 months ago I could still see people doing midscreen combos with ONE meter that would take 65% dmg. Not to mention Cyrax in MK9.

Oh c'mon... don't be so naive, bro. I've sincerely lost hope by now. :(

MadeOfMetal

Thanks for the words of optimism but "they are good at Patching"?

Just one exemple: NRS tried to fix Superman's damage in Injustice with not one but like 3 or 4 nerfs. And 2 months ago I could still see people doing midscreen combos with ONE meter that would take 65% dmg. Not to mention Cyrax in MK9.

Oh c'mon... don't be so naive, bro. I've sincerely lost hope by now. :(
i miss cyrax:(
:coffee:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
lol at Sub Zero mains, the world has just crumbled around you eh?? Fuck playing the game now.

Please close the door on the way out.

The worst is seeing the higher profile players who said they weren't going to cry whine and complain about shit, well the worst is seeing them do just that, but it's ok, we've all seen this before, and the sun will rise tomorrow. And people will still play the game.

I honestly wanted to punch Paulo in the mouth. Better yet, I'd like him to suffer a crash accident. In a plane. :)
Seek help man, even if you are joking, thats not something you joke about, it's basically a threat, and you saying you wanted him to die because a move in a game you play got changed. Come on man.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
if you could have blocked this theoretical jumpin it also means you could have backdashed it and kicked them back into the clone, or taken some damage and used db1x and knocked them back into the clone and depending on height gotten a juggle combo probly long enough to to drop another clone. but plz continue to flip the fuck out about some text and not actually playing things out.
You have absolutely no idea on what you talking about.

Let me try to clarity for you: sometimes when I pop a Clone my opponent jumps it. Since I'm close enough, I can block his JiK/JiP and with my character's hitbox push him to the clone before he touches the ground.

If I simple backdash in this situation 2 things can happen (and both aren't good):

1 - My opponent will freely jump my Clone and I'll most likely have to either block and try to guess his 50/50;

2 - My opponent will freely jump my Clone and full combo me if I don't block.

There's no scenario when I would have enough time to pop a clone, backdash and caught my opponent with a "kick" back to clone. If they try to jump my Clone and I Ice Bomb (smash or whatever) them, this won't get them back to clone since I'm not only hitting them, but I'm breaking the clone as well.

lSeek help man, even if you are joking, thats not something you joke about, it's basically a threat, and you saying you wanted him to die because a move in a game you play got changed. Come on man.
Bro, you just went full retard if you thought for one second that I was being serious about that. Jesus Christ... I thought my sarcasm was clear enough.