What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Mileena MKX Mileena MU Chart v2

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah! I don't see her going even with Cassie. Ethereal is for sure the best pick because she can make her stuff safe by spending a bar (which is completely dumb if you ask me).
Mileena gets outfoostiednby her in Piercing and Ethereal is just worse, she can low profile her B1 with D3 and D4 but it's pretty risky since she can whiff punish them but well...

Also how do you even stuff Cassie's wake-ups? It feels pretty impossible to me even after 21U4.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I cant see mileena beating cassie or going even with her. she out footsies her badly, 21u4 always has a gap against her, and she is the only character in the game that can punish f12b4 for a full combo. ethereal does the best if you ask me because she can make f12b4 safe and not have to deal with the gap in 21u4 by using ex fade. also the tag didn't work for me for some reason.
So I didn't miss anyone (still managed to lol...) I copy and pasted the links from the other threads, and I'm guessing that was where I went wrong with it.

As for Cassie, there's no denying Cassie has amazing footsies, but with piercing, you CAN contend with her to a stalemate and up until that point, you are able to keep her out. Cassie has gaps as well that Mileena can exploit and she gets cleans punishes on her specials on block too. It becomes a game of meter dependency to blow each other up and with Piercings turtling game chipping Cassie out while building meter, you SHOULD always have at the very minimum, a bar at your disposal to force her to respect your options. Cassie MUST burn meter to keep herself safe or to do chip against Mileena. As for the f12b4, you can always stagger the string or simply not do it, but this also puts Cassie in the mixup since we can always cancel out after and beat out the reversal. Of course its a risk that isn't necessary, but if conditioned, it will let you get out the string more often than not. In terms of damage, they're tied IMO and on knockdown I feel Cassie has a harder time getting up since like I mentioned before, we can punish it all on block, EXflip aside unless cornered.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I mean Cassie's gaps aren't such a big deal since she can stay safe woth B12 also honestly I don't feel Piercing's B12 contends Cassie's at all, a good Cassie won't just throw out B1 or even be at Mileena's B1 range. She completely outfootsies her.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Yeah! I don't see her going even with Cassie. Ethereal is for sure the best pick because she can make her stuff safe by spending a bar (which is completely dumb if you ask me).
Mileena gets outfoostiednby her in Piercing and Ethereal is just worse, she can low profile her B1 with D3 and D4 but it's pretty risky since she can whiff punish them but well...

Also how do you even stuff Cassie's wake-ups? It feels pretty impossible to me even after 21U4.
I think its possible after 21u4 or sweep but its not easy. in piercing after b212+4 you can walk back and b12 on her wake up and ex flip will whiff but dive kick wont however the first hit is the one that makes contact so she doesn't get a combo.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I ALWAYS forget someone lol....its quite a large community here XD and yeah, I feel she goes dead even with the "harder"MUs such as with Liu Kang and Hollywood Cassie, or she wins MUs due to a better overall play coupled in with her OKI game stopping those characters from getting up at all.
i would currently still be off the opinion she loses to df liu/hollywood cassie/jax all variations, maybe summoner quan also.
used to think she lost to shinnok aswell but that mu evolved alot so im unsure on it now

@Akromaniac27 I think you and I are the only mileena players that agree with used on her tier placement lol
hey now be fair, glue said S tier im not of the opinions she "bottom 5 garbage" like was the opinion of some, publicly and privately ive always said she was underrated and had the tools to compete but S tier i stretching it imo

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?

I tend to condition them by the end of the first round. They HAVE to wakeup with EXpowerflip or EXnutpunch or else it gets stiffed with f12. With this, I either whiff a b1 to bait a wakeup, or I do the b1 option select which will stuff both of those options. If the player is very wakeup happy, I walk them to the corner, or let them walk me there to then swap sides. This way, no matter the wakeup, she's getting full combo punished for doing so.

For the b1, yeah Cassie can d3 it but like you said, we can whiff punish it for a full combo. I strongly feel both force a crap load of respect from one another because they both have the tools and options to counter each other. Its a heavily momentum based MU, but Cassie needs to commit to cancel-less strings or to an EXflip on block for her mixups or else we WILL be hitting her back. Cassie without meter makes all the above significantly easier and she will run out of it FAST if you intentionally create pockets for her to use it up while she gets little to nothing in return.

Baconlord

So I didn't miss anyone (still managed to lol...) I copy and pasted the links from the other threads, and I'm guessing that was where I went wrong with it.

As for Cassie, there's no denying Cassie has amazing footsies, but with piercing, you CAN contend with her to a stalemate and up until that point, you are able to keep her out. Cassie has gaps as well that Mileena can exploit and she gets cleans punishes on her specials on block too. It becomes a game of meter dependency to blow each other up and with Piercings turtling game chipping Cassie out while building meter, you SHOULD always have at the very minimum, a bar at your disposal to force her to respect your options. Cassie MUST burn meter to keep herself safe or to do chip against Mileena. As for the f12b4, you can always stagger the string or simply not do it, but this also puts Cassie in the mixup since we can always cancel out after and beat out the reversal. Of course its a risk that isn't necessary, but if conditioned, it will let you get out the string more often than not. In terms of damage, they're tied IMO and on knockdown I feel Cassie has a harder time getting up since like I mentioned before, we can punish it all on block, EXflip aside unless cornered.
f12b4 does more for mileena then just stuff wakeups. its a great way to build meter because its a 5 hitting string so it builds her almost half a bar on wake up. not to mention its a risk to stagger it because f1 on its own is safe but f12 is minus 10 and cassie punishes f12b4.

Baconlord

i would currently still be off the opinion she loses to df liu/hollywood cassie/jax all variations, maybe summoner quan also.
used to think she lost to shinnok aswell but that mu evolved alot so im unsure on it now

hey now be fair, glue said S tier im not of the opinions she "bottom 5 garbage" like was the opinion of some, publicly and privately ive always said she was underrated and had the tools to compete but S tier i stretching it imo
I forgot glue said she was s tier lol. yeah that's probably stretching it but I agree with a+.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
f12b4 does more for mileena then just stuff wakeups. its a great way to build meter because its a 5 hitting string so it builds her almost half a bar on wake up. not to mention its a risk to stagger it because f1 on its own is safe but f12 is minus 10 and cassie punishes f12b4.
Yup, all of this. That's why I say use f12b4 sparingly on Cassie mainly because if she isn't punishing it, good for us. If she is, then you can mix it in with a roll/exroll cancel after as well as the stagger, because you have to KNOW the stagger is coming or else you miss the window to punish it.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
who is doing this? I want names damn it.
I do this ALL the time if they don't block the low after me using it three times already lol. I do it enough so that they finally block the low, thus letting me do b2~EXroll to seal a round/match.

Which is another thing. B2 in Piercing is a great ranged normal along with b21. It starts a mixup, has the range, can't be low profiled and is safe on block.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I forgot glue said she was s tier lol. yeah that's probably stretching it but I agree with a+.
well in the uk tier list posted i felt the other chars listed in A+ (jax shinnok reptile dvorah takeda kotal kano) are stronger than her (bar maybe reptile) but i suppose that wasnt a "in order" tier list so maybe shes at bottom of that group if shes in there, never really pay much mind to tier list anyway, i play who i want (baraka/mileena mk9, Scorp/ares inj) so its no sweat of my sack either way

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Going by this list she is S - S+ tier with no losing matchups and winning a decent percentage. Am I reading this correctly??? Interesting...

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I tend to condition them by the end of the first round. They HAVE to wakeup with EXpowerflip or EXnutpunch or else it gets stiffed with f12. With this, I either whiff a b1 to bait a wakeup, or I do the b1 option select which will stuff both of those options. If the player is very wakeup happy, I walk them to the corner, or let them walk me there to then swap sides. This way, no matter the wakeup, she's getting full combo punished for doing so.

For the b1, yeah Cassie can d3 it but like you said, we can whiff punish it for a full combo. I strongly feel both force a crap load of respect from one another because they both have the tools and options to counter each other. Its a heavily momentum based MU, but Cassie needs to commit to cancel-less strings or to an EXflip on block for her mixups or else we WILL be hitting her back. Cassie without meter makes all the above significantly easier and she will run out of it FAST if you intentionally create pockets for her to use it up while she gets little to nothing in return.
Wait, B1~roll OS? Option selects have been gone since the last patch... And I'm testing it rigt now but it's not working at all.

Baconlord

well in the uk tier list posted i felt the other chars listed in A+ (jax shinnok reptile dvorah takeda kotal kano) are stronger than her (bar maybe reptile) but i suppose that wasnt a "in order" tier list so maybe shes at bottom of that group if shes in there, never really pay much mind to tier list anyway, i play who i want (baraka/mileena mk9, Scorp/ares inj) so its no sweat of my sack either way
yeah I don't pay too much attention to tier lists either but I'm just poking fun at how everyone lost there shit when she was a+ on the uk's tier list

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Going by this list she is S - S+ tier with no losing matchups and winning a decent percentage. Am I reading this correctly??? Interesting...
Its weird to place her because by normal standards that WOULD be the case, but the roster has characters that can do what she does but faster, longer ranged and safe/plus into safe 50/50s. Its not saying she sucks at all, but I don't think it puts her THAT high up when she requires a thought process and game plan and can't just swing away, getting a combo on hit or a successful block string on block. IF any weaknesses or slightly unfavorable MUs in Piercing, Ethereal has what it takes to overcome it, and there really aren't that many of those.

Baconlord

And I worked so hard on it too....
this is something I would only really do in ethereal so I can confirm into the telekick safely with ex fade. I personally hate playing a high risk high reward style in fighting games.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Wait, B1~roll OS? Option selects have been gone since the last patch... And I'm testing it rigt now but it's not working at all.
No Gurl...some characters/move STILL have it while others were removed. Some even gained an option select reversal on block -____- the joys of NRS tweaking...the video below explains how it works: