What's new

General/Other - Jax MKX & Jax: Review So Far (No Spoilers)

Malec

Noob
about unblockable command grabs, I would like to know if moves like Erron Black's or Sonya's tackle are also unblockable?

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Can you hitconfirm on his d12? Jax sounds really scary actually, if he can hit confirm off d12, a true command grab? I guess it depends on how whiff punishable dash punch is? if its hard then I can see dash punch being a mid screen mix up, and ive also heard that he can delay the timing on his projectile, true?

Sami

Noob
1. It was said months ago that 50/50 throw escapes are back. Do you break Injustice style (i.e. by pressing the throw button albeit with an added direction now) or MK9 style (front attack or back attack to break opposite throw)?

2. Is running require a direction to go with the block? I.e. if I did F, F, Block would that trigger run or does it have to be F, F+Block? Just seeing how likely it is to accidentally cancel dashes into runs by trying to block in preparation for the dash ending...

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
1. It was said months ago that 50/50 throw escapes are back. Do you break Injustice style (i.e. by pressing the throw button albeit with an added direction now) or MK9 style (front attack or back attack to break opposite throw)?

2. Is running require a direction to go with the block? I.e. if I did F, F, Block would that trigger run or does it have to be F, F+Block? Just seeing how likely it is to accidentally cancel dashes into runs by trying to block in preparation for the dash ending...
1. MK style throw breaks
2. F, F+Block

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Run cancels juggles ala UMK3 and MK Trilogy style will be tough to reproduce, but hella possible cos now you can run cancel a normal.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
How trip guarding and dash punishing that's something I worked real hard in injustice I don't want it to go to waste. Like trying to anti air in injustice

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
you don't need to dash in when walkspeed is good bae. tripguarding will always be a thing.

the question you should be asking is will there be mb b3s and will they be full screen again

TOC EdDoughBoy

Jax Bruh
It seems like the overhead dash punch would threaten the opp. to block high mid screen. So they would have to respect normal dash punch unlike mk9 where you could just duck and punish.

It seems like the overhead dash punch would threaten the opp. to block high mid screen. So they would have to respect normal dash punch unlike mk9 where you could just duck and punish.
It seems Jax will be good in MKX. His zoning seems like one of the best in the game, thank god. Now all i need to know is if Jacqui is good in MKX.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
In other words, "Now that zoning is absolutely worthless, I will be able to run in for free and do my 50/50 mix ups".
It's actually more like, you now have to play footsies with your fireballs...well actually in general from the sound of it. I know you're used to Freddy where you just got to freely toss out your fire balls all day, as well as deathstroke where you could derp that out too, but when you're using your fire balls in m_k_x just remember how to use them correctly.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This is a double edged sword. People complain about zoning and you call them bad or scrubs. Now you are complaining about having to deal with people getting in on you. It goes both ways.
I am not complaining about anything. You can have the best up close mix ups in fighting game history. I could not careless as long as I have zoning options, but most rush down players and anti-zoning zealots, including you, do not want such options to exist in the game. They want to be able to close the gap for free.

I am not complaining about anything. You can have the best up close mix ups in fighting game history. I could not careless as long as I have zoning options, but most rush down players and anti-zoning zealots, including you, do not want such options to exist in the game. They want to be able to close the gap for free.
Don't see why you can't still zone.