What's new

General/Other - Jax MKX & Jax: Review So Far (No Spoilers)

Thank you so much for checking out all these things, you are awesome :)

Any chance you can check how much Lio Kang's buff in FLAME FIST variation adds to his damage?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Stance: who cares lol
Is there a logical explanation to why there is no dedicated Run Button?
Because we've got useless stance flip button again. The reason behind that was explained in one of the earlier interviews. Basically, Paulo (IIRC) can't sleep at night without knowing that there is one in his MK game. So the answer is that yes, somebody actually cares and for that reason we can't have nice things.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Because we've got useless stance flip button again. The reason behind that was explained in one of the earlier interviews. Basically, Paulo (IIRC) can't sleep at night without knowing that there is one in his MK game. So the answer is that yes, somebody actually cares and for that reason we can't have nice things.
Does anyone even use that stupid ass stance button? There is no Tag as well, so that would be 2 free buttons to dedicate the Run mechanic to. I don't get what they were thinking really...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Does anyone even use that stupid ass stance button? There is no Tag as well, so that would be 2 free buttons to dedicate the Run mechanic to. I don't get what they were thinking really...
Heck. Totally forgot about tag button. Now they have no excuses.

I mean, okay, both MK9 and IGAU had stance-specific combos (which didn't make switching viable anyway), but this being 2D FG, I consider this "feature" to be kind of unwanted in it's own right.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Fool. The stance switch is a key element in high-level play.

This is but one example of the kind of tactics you can use only at the highest level.
:DOGE

@FCP/EMP SCAR

Can Sonya cancel her normals into parry?

What kind of advantage can JCage get off of His stunt doubles? How late can he cancel a normal from a string into a stunt double and start a new string? If this is possible what are the options where this creates true block strings or frame traps ~4 frames so there is no effective counter?

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thread updated with details of Jax Pumped Up Variation.

Also Jax regular energy wave on block is plus 8, but his MB version is -2, don't know what's up with that but hopefully I get to experiment with it more.
Surely that's going to get patched out day 1. It seems like they're trying to avoid plus frames on non-meter-burned attacks, so having a meterless +8-on-block special that he can link into would just be nuts.

cyke_out

Noob
The only possible reason why I could think of as to why block is the general catch all button is that NRS wanted to keep the game at 5 buttons, with the throw being a macro.

From what I see, the best long range toolset is Full auto Jaq Briggs, she even has a projectile absorb in all variations to give an even bigger advantage vs other zoners like Erron/Quan (but id bet D'Vorahs bug from the deep move and other non projectile stuff wont be absorbed by Jaq Brigg but thats a guess). The question is, are you willing to be a female character?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
From what I see, the best long range toolset is Full auto Jaq Briggs, she even has a projectile absorb in all variations to give an even bigger advantage vs other zoners like Erron/Quan (but id bet D'Vorahs bug from the deep move and other non projectile stuff wont be absorbed by Jaq Brigg but thats a guess). The question is, are you willing to be a female character?
Last line isn't needed but ok

I have a pocket sindel and wonderwoman, i love playing girl chars - im wondering if m2dave will still main the top zoning char if its jaq briggs