What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Naturally, such a strong and unique playstyle will frighten players, and likewise there was much screaming for nerfs. These nerfs are justified because of 12 total minutes of lab footage not based on any real matchup experience or tournament setting. As a matter of fact, 90% of the people asking for nerfs haven't actually fully labbed the setups.

What does this remind you of, TYM?

Discuss.
Tanya? Twice?

:DOGE

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Like I get why some don't want it allowed, it makes sense, 100%. But to me, it feels like Final Round would be seen as more of a "pass" if KP2 isn't allowed opposed to if it is allowed. It's not a great situation either way. "FR didn't even have KP2 characters, it was meaningless", "FR had KP2 characters after like 2 weeks of release, it was meaningless".
That's why you just pick an option and stick to it. Can't live life trying to pick the best option. Sometimes you just need to do whatever you consider to be the lesser of two evils. Now if I only I could apply that when video games make me make decisions. . . .

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
As someone who has done testing for a video game, I can definitely guarantee that they were tested.

In this community, the double spell thing that @PND_Ketchup found is the best example that I can give. Not everything will be found by NRS and their testers. It takes days, weeks, and sometimes months(in the case of the double spell), to fine dirt in games, after it's been released and everyone has it, so expecting just the developers and whoever they get to test it, to find everything, is unrealistic.

If we got them in an untested state, they would be horrible lol. I mean how can you say that they weren't tested, when we all know that Sektor was heavily normalized?

They released a bunch of characters at once. Imo they aren't balanced too badly, all things considered. Now that everyone has them, i'm sure they will be balanced accordingly in the following months. It just sucks that FR might be plagued by a few of them potentially being way too strong.

I'm not going to Final Round so I didn't vote and won't comment on the topic of the thread. Good luck at the event, everyone. :p
I can believe they were tested, i dont think it was thorough but i know they dont release things without a hint of testing. I was more on the fact that every single time they release dlc, they are ridiculous. Im not mad though, it happens. I just think they shouldn't be allowed at FR. But since they are its ehhhh. Ill spectate lol

I'm not spending money to attend this event.

However, I will be spending time watching this on stream. That's me using precious time that could have been spent masturbating.

So I firmly believe I have as much personal stake in this as those attending to say "I don't want to see a Robo-top-8"

E

Eldriken

However, I will be spending time watching this on stream. That's me using precious time that could have been spent masturbating.

So I firmly believe I have as much personal stake in this as those attending to say "I don't want to see a Robo-top-8"
"Robo-top-8" LMFAO DEAD!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Was gonna post but you summed up everything i had to say

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well with a new game, everyone doesn't know anything about any character. With DLC it's just a select few that are unknown. It's not completely different but it is different.

Some people don't like new characters being included because you really don't know what they're capable of. But that kind of goes the same for anyone using the character still has to be able to use that character against the cast. So either the new character ends up being so cheesy a player just gets carried to finals or they can't survive on limited character knowledge. How much do you fear the new characters?

Either be wary of letting the unknown into the game or don't. Set a precedent right now.
  1. Play MKX (no KP2 and no 3/1 patchc)
  2. Play MKXL lite (no KP2 but use 3/1 patch)
  3. Play MKXL (KP2 + 3/1 patch)
Then set a time limit on whatever you choose to not include. Don't see why this "issue" is harder than it should be. Not even like people are new to this anymore. NRS makes characters with a high potential of being busted/top tier. Either care or don't.

And just so I'm not giving a big rant on being indecisive about a simple topic without actually deciding anything. I'd vote to ban new characters for a month. I'd settle for 2 weeks the least. But to me that doesn't seem like enough time to do regular stuff and still grind out a video game. Character patches definitely get a 2 week ban though.
Somewhat this.

The thing is though, I'd wager there's still going to be multiple entrants that know as much about the KP2 variations as they do day 1 variations. If some unknown schmuck got put in the same pool as let's say, Biohazard and GGA Nikolass, let's say he beats Nikolass' Sektor and puts him into losers, is then put into losers himself by Bio and then Nikolass wins the runback to get out of pools with Spectral Ermac, and THEN complains that NRS needs to get their shit together after losing to F/T and Ermac, he would be rightly ridiculed. But would people toot the same horn if he beats Ermac then loses to Triborg?

I don't know man. #semanticssemanticssemantics

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Kinda ignorant to tell people that "If you're not going to said tournament you're opinion on the subject is invalid." We're the NRS community, and we should treat each other as such. I mean, if say Dizzy wasnt going but had a valid point to make on the subject I'm sure we would take it into account.

If you really wanted the opininons of JUST the people going start a pm or something, dont do it publicly to make people feel bad.

That being said fuck CSZ

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Hey maybe the guys that tested the DLC should be allowed to enter FR......lol. I'm not going to lie watching the stream is going to be priceless and I am rooting for anyone but A FUCKING TESTER TO WIN;)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Oh come one, CEO was filled with Tanya. At least we have 4 broken DLCs now, we will have 4 different characters (12 variations) in top 8

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
I wish they weren't allowed as a viewer. Selfishly want broken shit exposed, so we're not perma fucked as someone who loves this game. This suppose to be it patch wise, and maybe if they witness the shit storm they will make an exception lol!

I know this is a fucked up viewpoint people pay for traveling, but if you disagree you WILL see them probably longer without the exposure... =(

Bite the bullet big sacrifice for kp2 character hype X_X maybe rewarded... My opinion as nobody

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
I mean. Everyone got touched. Half of the cast will be playing differently. There will be broken mechanics found in characters released in vanilla. I think it depends on the pot bonus tbh.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Jesus christ stfu

A bunch of characters got nerfed into the ground and sub got buffed. You sound ridiculous.
Doesn't change the fact that we have the exact same reaction post launch as we had with GM: People crying before labbing matchups. You didn't refute this when you told me to shut up because you can't.

The kneejerk reactions on this forum are absurd. Outright talks of banning dlc before anyone's actually had a decent amount of time to become familiar with the characters. This thread is a joke. Shouldn't have entertained the notion.

omooba

fear the moobs
s a viewer HELL YEAH
cus if you don't then we won't get to see forever king's bo bo AND EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE BOBO
lol you can ban all the ones that we know are broke ie cybie secie subie smokie and acid trip.

Doesn't change the fact that we have the exact same reaction post launch as we had with GM: People crying before labbing matchups. You didn't refute this when you told me to shut up because you can't.

The kneejerk reactions on this forum are absurd. Outright talks of banning dlc before anyone's actually had a decent amount of time to become familiar with the characters. This thread is a joke. Shouldn't have entertained the notion.
Would have been much easier to not respond and just ignore it lol i dont understand why there are even disputes like this on this thread just vote and share the opinion you have, Lets just keep peace lol

omooba

fear the moobs
Kinda ignorant to tell people that "If you're not going to said tournament you're opinion on the subject is invalid." We're the NRS community, and we should treat each other as such. I mean, if say Dizzy wasnt going but had a valid point to make on the subject I'm sure we would take it into account.

If you really wanted the opininons of JUST the people going start a pm or something, dont do it publicly to make people feel bad.

That being said fuck CSZ
damn that was hella shade
and quan main hates subie? aren't they the same? except csz is slightly more broke

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Of coarse I would love to see top players compete with the new DLC characters and see what they have cooked up in the lab, but I also understand why it might be better to hold off. These characters haven't even been out for a week yet, who knows what kind of stupid shit they might be capable off lol

Like I get why some don't want it allowed, it makes sense, 100%. But to me, it feels like Final Round would be seen as more of a "pass" if KP2 isn't allowed opposed to if it is allowed. It's not a great situation either way. "FR didn't even have KP2 characters, it was meaningless", "FR had KP2 characters after like 2 weeks of release, it was meaningless".
Pretty much in a nut shell sir. Can't win either way.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Pig if you don't care about ppls votes who aren't going to FR, you should make a private discussion between players who are attending.

I'd state my opinion, but it doesn't matter so it's just a waste of time.
It's more the usual Pig shit, he doesn't care about the opinion of anyone who disagrees with him, and he thinks he will get more competitors agreeing with him than viewers

This thread is a fucking joke lol. Stop crying that competition might be tougher than usual, thats the best thing about tournaments as a viewer and its the whole point of a tournament. Everyone is going into the tournament with the same options available.

And it's not like DLC characters are just going to get free wins all the way to top 8. You aren't super familiar with match up, they aren't super familiar with the character, nor will they have any match up specific tech of their own at this stage just a base understanding of the character, and likely no understanding of any others, if you are playing a non-DLC character you've had 2 weeks to learn the round abouts of match ups, while theyve had 2 weeks to learn an entire new character, and about match ups.. You have up to 10 months familiarity with your main and they have like 2 weeks practice with their character, and 6 other new characters they know shit about. And thats assuming you are't playing a DLC character of your own, in which case you both have lack of match up experience towards each other.

I'm super hyped for this tournament BECAUSE it's going to be the new characters only a couple of weeks in, and its going to be one hell of a shitfight to the top. We won't ever get to replicate this and to take it away because Pig of the Hut is once again whining that the competitive scene is too hard for him, would just be a terrible decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.