What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
With the Dlc coming out March 1st l, 3 weeks before final round. Should they be legal for play. I personally think it's to early even though I'll be maining bo Rai cho. But 3 weeks to learn all those characters and variations is kind of short. What you guys think?

@ShinBlanka

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I think they should but no one will play them that quick in a real tourney since no one will risk money for a new character.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm torn.

On one hand it would be best for the competitors and the scene in general to keep them banned because that simply isn't enough time to learn all those different variations and also not enough time to figure out if they have something that might be downright broken(Freddy from MK9 comes to mind).

On the other hand it would be super fun/hilarious to watch those characters being played competitively and the chance for upsets goes up because of character unfamiliarity.

So I guess I'm cool either way.

skater11

The saltiest
I chose not to participate in the poll. As part of the audience/stream viewer I'm all for watching the new characters in action. But if I were there competing I honestly wouldn't want someone playing with any of the new characters.

I'm torn too. Competitively, idk if i want to play 4 new characters i don't know the matchup for but on the other hand, when the characters come out, ppl should be already prepared for them, especially if we have 3 weeks to prepare after the patch comes out. This is a tough one but ppl want hype so more than likely, it will be allowed so either way i gotta watch out since i will be going to FR

As someone who sucks at MK but really loves watching tournaments for NRS games I'd love to see the new characters be allowed. That being said I understand why people who have money on the line would want them banned.

REO

Undead
Whatever the decision is, it should probably be made no later than March 1st when all the characters drop. We should all know at least a month in advance if KP2 will be legal at this major. This decision is extremely important and will determine my training regiment (and many other players) before I plan my trip to Final Round by telling me exactly IF I'm going to be practicing and grinding DLC characters with entirely brand new move sets or sticking and training with pre-KP2 characters who all got tweaked.

Edit: This thread is pretty important, IMO. @STORMS @Tim Static, shouldn't this be frontpaged?

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think it should be allowed.

The new characters and patch will ensure that everyone starts from 0. The most dedicated players will learn and the less skilled will not.

While CEO is a common talking point, I'd point out that many of the top 8 placers have made too 8s in other events, which to me means that the "dlc advantage" didn't matter that much. Does anyone think DJT, REO, MIT, or Sonic Fox couldn't have made top 8 if the Tanya patch was banned?

The Duke

SCF The Duke
Casuals and exhibitions, most definitely.

Whatever the decision is, it should probably be made no later than March 1st when all the characters drop. We should all know at least a month in advance if KP2 will be legal at this major. This decision is extremely important and will determine my training regiment (and many other players) before I plan my trip to Final Round by telling me exactly IF I'm going to be practicing and grinding DLC characters with entirely brand new move sets or sticking and training with pre-KP2 characters who all got tweaked.

Edit: This thread is pretty important, IMO. @STORMS @Tim Static, shouldn't this be frontpaged?
If you attend FR, I want a F/T vs Jason runback. #AgedSalt

Status
Not open for further replies.