What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

omooba

fear the moobs
Not really hate, just the overall impression of knowing him over time on the site.
i don't know him that well but all my interactions with him have been chill
just feel like that type of comment doesn't really help anyone or the site as a whole
what you should've done is make a thread calling him out now that would've been funny
but seriously though is he that bad

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
just feel like that type of comment doesn't really help anyone or the site as a whole
what you should've done is make a thread calling him out now that would've been funny
I viewed posts in here from users I have blocked and noticed you're talking W prinz

Not one credible member will back him up

He's a random site casual

No one is mentioning in here how shit loads and I mean shit loads of tournament players agree w me and all have asked me to make this thread because they don't wanna have to deal w the I got hands of the world, prinz , etc

Also those guys sprouting "pig Hate" have never been a part of the scene, just an internet site arguing. Those two are prime examples of when the top players who left the site say "TYM has gotten bad"

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I agree, my comment doesn't really help in this particular thread, but people need to know this guy is sneaky. Poth did great things like organizing online tournaments with prizes and entertaining people during MK9 era. But believe me, if he wants you to ride his dick and you don't, he will treat you like shit. Plus, he's ALWAYS pointing out to money numbers when speaking of tournaments. That should tell you something, this guy will do anything for cash. Just be careful man. Also, yeah, like @I GOT HANDS said, he's a whiny little bitch.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When are they finally adding rain and sindel in MKX ? Seriously, they need to stop adding these useless horror characters who don't have shit to do with the game like, I don't mind them but add them later than original characters. Alien boraicho and triborg are ok but leatherface ? Like piss off Willa ya ? Rain should've been the 4th character or sindel or another female. Also, add noob to this dead game.
It'll be interesting to see how well they sell

Honestly they seem to be selling a ton

JDM

Noob
Yep. Only because I hope the top players get bodied by new characters and complain about it, even after defending these characters.

As a viewer I want to see, as a competitor it's fucking stupid that they are legal. Good thing I'm not going to FR :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I viewed posts in here from users I have blocked and noticed you're talking W prinz

Not one credible member will back him up

He's a random site casual

No one is mentioning in here how shit loads and I mean shit loads of tournament players agree w me and all have asked me to make this thread because they don't wanna have to deal w the I got hands of the world, prinz , etc

Also those guys sprouting "pig Hate" have never been a part of the scene, just an internet site arguing. Those two are prime examples of when the top players who left the site say "TYM has gotten bad"
This is such an ignorant post. I am from Eastern Europe, of course I'm not part of the tournament scene.I did go to CIS tournaments here with Jade and placed 4th, 9th and 11th out of 40, 80 and 90 some attendants, respectively. It's easier for me to get to CIS countries than European. Not nowadays though, it's true. Now I don't plan on participating in tournaments, but I enjoy the technical part of the site and the game as a viewer.
So, yes, I want DLC to be playable. They're new and fun to watch. Also this seems the only way for NRS to balance their game.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Funny you say that, as you're a prime example of someone who improved the site drastically just by leaving. Didn't you claim you were done posting on here as of the start of this year?

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I just popped into this thread, and was about to post almost exactly what @ShinBlanka stated (albeit from a vastly more independent perspective) with regards to why the DLC characters should be allowed.

Basically, if you are going to ban the DLC, you're going to have to ban Ferra/Torr as well. And, you've got to allow Tremor players to imbibe in nootropics/and or compete with CronusMax macro mods.

Incidentally, I am planning on attending anf competing (although I am not a Top Player by any definition, for whatever that is worth). Ordinarily, I would be in favor of waiting a certain period of time before allowing fresh DLC characters to compete, but I am honestly a trillion times more concerned about some previously disregarded Variation of an original cast member coming in with some crazy buffs that were either overlooked and disregarded by the community, or didn't find their way into the patch notes.

We have to let the game ride out somewhere, and this is it. The 18th is only 12 days short of the arbitrary 30 days that many see as the appropriate amount of time to sufficiently scout the game for game-breaking glitches, so let's not pretend that we are so far off schedule that every bad thing that happens at FRC could have been entirely avoided by another 1 1/2 weeks. The first major after a patch this big will always be wild.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I just popped into this thread, and was about to post almost exactly what @ShinBlanka stated (albeit from a vastly more independent perspective) with regards to why the DLC characters should be allowed.

Basically, if you are going to ban the DLC, you're going to have to ban Ferra/Torr as well. And, you've got to allow Tremor players to imbibe in nootropics/and or compete with CronusMax macro mods.

Incidentally, I am planning on attending anf competing (although I am not a Top Player by any definition, for whatever that is worth). Ordinarily, I would be in favor of waiting a certain period of time before allowing fresh DLC characters to compete, but I am honestly a trillion times more concerned about some previously disregarded Variation of an original cast member coming in with some crazy buffs that were either overlooked and disregarded by the community, or didn't find their way into the patch notes.

We have to let the game ride out somewhere, and this is it. The 18th is only 12 days short of the arbitrary 30 days that many see as the appropriate amount of time to sufficiently scout the game for game-breaking glitches, so let's not pretend that we are so far off schedule that every bad thing that happens at FRC could have been entirely avoided by another 1 1/2 weeks. The first major after a patch this big will always be wild.
well said - and good luck there!

I would say no, till they get balanced, most are too good, sektor has a string thats puts him full screen on hit or block and is special cancelable, hes projectiles recover too fast, Cyber sub is too good hes the new quanchi with better normals and a wakeup I bet REO will destroy everyone with him, Borracho has incredible damage output and mixups, Acidick Alien's poison takes toooooo much damage and hes just too good, the only character that I dont see as broke would be Leatherface.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
@Pig Of The Hut

wouldn't it be better to just not play the MKXL patch

there's a handful of characters that have been buffed into being valid threats and ferra/torr has entered the realms of Bane tier now. sure the new characters are the most glaring issue because nobody seems interested in letting them develop, but there's a handful of picks that seem to be getting slept on hard and only add to the burden that 13 brand new variations put on tourney goers

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
@Pig Of The Hut

wouldn't it be better to just not play the MKXL patch

there's a handful of characters that have been buffed into being valid threats and ferra/torr has entered the realms of Bane tier now. sure the new characters are the most glaring issue because nobody seems interested in letting them develop, but there's a handful of picks that seem to be getting slept on hard and only add to the burden that 13 brand new variations put on tourney goers
I think Ferra torr is worse than CSZ, Cyrax, Leatherface, and Alien tbh they're stupid as hell.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yes. So they can learn a fucking lesson.
It doesn't make the game look good, though. We don't want that. I want to see the new characters featured at a major really badly, but if the top 8 is going to have 5 Cyber Sub's just doing a bunch of bullshit, it's probably not going to bring in any new players, which is ultimately the purpose for a game being showcased on stream.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i think it is necessary to see how the chars are being played at high level. I mean there have been found some ridiculous stuff but still we need to see that they are also as dangerous in practice. Being one of the leader of the anti dlc broken bla balh train i think we should give them a chance unless we find some unblockable infinite stuff

It doesn't make the game look good, though. We don't want that. I want to see the new characters featured at a major really badly, but if the top 8 is going to have 5 Cyber Sub's just doing a bunch of bullshit, it's probably not going to bring in any new players, which is ultimately the purpose for a game being showcased on stream.
I realize that, but somethings gotta give.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
no, because i predict that someone good at using the DLC will body everybody before they have time to learn the match-up, NRS will be pressured into gutting them, and then we'll learn that they weren't broken at all
This!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I realize that, but somethings gotta give.
This could also be intentional on NRS' part. They could be thinking if some people were on the fence about buying the KP2 and they turn on the stream and see the top 8 is 3 Cyber Subs, 2 BRCs, and Alien, Cyrax and Leatherface, they might pick them up for some seemingly free wins. DLC is almost always overpowered off the bat. This is nothing new.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I say let's let it rock guys...I don't see what the problem is

:DOGE Since I am a Cyber Sub Zero main :DOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.